Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Artist- Rachel Readman

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Readman View Post
    That was all wrong for me really, me luvver. I are proper Cornish, me be.

Come an get yer wares two fer a pound. Ooo-aarrgh.
    Deal!!! Two sculptures for a Pound... please here take my money!

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That was all wrong for me really, me luvver. I are proper Cornish, me be.

Come an get yer wares two fer a pound. Ooo-aarrgh.
    Two fer a paahnd? Gawd lav a dack, ma gal!!!

Look, ar'll tell y' wot ar'll looby loo... Ar'll give yer a Billy the Kid fer the lot! Laverly jabberly, it mast be yer lacky day ma gal, innit!!!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It's a good thing the international language for pilots contacting airports and such is good old American English. I shudder to think what a Punjabi born pilot speaking English with such an accent (Cornish if that's what it is) would sound like.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    It's a good thing the international language for pilots contacting airports and such is good old American English. I shudder to think what a Punjabi born pilot speaking English with such an accent (Cornish if that's what it is) would sound like.
    I think you'll find that's just good old "English" dear boy. no requirement to sully it with words such as "Aloominum"

"Amendment 164 to Annex 1 has introduced strengthened language proficiency requirements for flight crew members and air traffic controllers. The language proficiency requirements apply to any language used for radiotelephony communications in international operations. Therefore, pilots on international flights shall demonstrate language proficiency in either English or the language used by the station on the ground. Controllers working international services shall demonstrate language proficiency in English as well as in any other language(s) used by the station on the ground."

Also Rachel's post #550 should be read in a Cornish accent, the others were, I believe, an attempt to portray a 'Cockney' Londoner. One finds both a little coarse to the ear - but all in jolly good fun what?
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep Cockney Londoner, Chas 'n' Dave stylee and then Cornish twang. Although the Cornish twang is a modern nowadays thing. Real 'proper Cornish' olden days language is a language all of it's own, just like the Welsh language. Cornish was mostly lost over the years but there are attempts being made to revive it and teach it again. Some argue that revived Cornish isn't correct.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornish_language

Check out the samples section. Most modern Cornish people don't speak or understand proper Cornish, me being one of them.

Sorry Jerome but American English really is not English. There are many Indian, Pakistani and many other foreign born people right across the UK who speak with localised accents and dialects but, still mixed with their own foreign but English accent mixed in. It can sound odd and unexpected even to us that live here. You can travel as little as a few miles and hear a very distinct change in accent here in England, as distinctly different as say Texas and New York in just 2 miles!
    Selling EVERYTHING! Come and get it!

(Except my Gunslinger First Edition. That ain't going nowhere. It's the only one I'm keeping, can't let that go)

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

"Deal!!! Two sculptures for a Pound... please here take my money!"

Lol, nice try and well spotted. God loves a tryer (apparently).

(Except my Gunslinger First Edition. That ain't going nowhere. It's the only one I'm keeping, can't let that go)

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

ah, but a pound of what? a Pound of Gold? a Pound of Diamonds?, A pound of Printer Ink? (probably the most expensive...)
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I guess I should have used an emoticon to indicate my attempt at humor...

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I guess I should have used an emoticon to indicate my attempt at humor...

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

You guys crack me up.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Bit of an update for you all on the Crimson King sculpture...

I have a bronze cast and just on with two of the ivory/bone casts which I'll paint when they are done. As soon as I get them painted I'll get one off to Michael Whelan and we will be good to go soon thereafter.

All the issues I had appear to be resolved and I'm using a different technique for casting the sculptures and acheiving the bronze finish. The bronze I have finished has polished up beautifully. It's got a higher copper content to the bronze to give a reddish (Crimson) patina. I'll post photos of it.

Cherrywood bases will be done on Tuesday and I have a few of the Jester's staffs cast but they need patinating to match the red crimson tint of the new bronze cast. When I take the photos, provided the camera picks it up, you should be able to see the difference in the patina of the sculpture against the staff but they will match when the staffs are done.

I'm not taking orders, announcing prices etc just yet so please be patient until I get one over to Michael and make all the final arrangements over the coming weeks and I'll let you all know the details as soon as I can.

Photos to follow soon...

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Cant wait!!!!!!!!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking forward to it!

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Here are some photos of the new bronze cast. Hopefully you can see the difference in the patina between the staff and the sculpture itself. Almost finished polishing this now but it's gleaming!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice! I like it. Will be hard trying to decide between the painted and bronze one.

Now post a close up of your bookcase I'm seeing behind the statue!

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I need to post collection photos over in my collection thread and just never get the time to do it. I said long ago I would and still haven't got around to it. I'll try and do it at the weekend!

Gunslinger Apprentice André Linoge is on a distinguished road André Linoge's Avatar

Ummmm...do you do layaway? lol Jk. But seriously....I need to start saving if I want to snag one of these!

They look exquisite!

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I need to post collection photos over in my collection thread and just never get the time to do it. I said long ago I would and still haven't got around to it. I'll try and do it at the weekend!
    That would be great!

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I do like the new patina, certainly warmer than the goldish original tone. I'm certainly hoping that I can afford some edition of this magnificent piece when the time comes.
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Good gosh! That is a fantastic looking sculpture. I am beyond impressed!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What is the dimensions Rachel if I may ask?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm glad you all like the new bronze patina. Thanks for the feedback and positivity.

Kris, here's something from earlier in the thread to answer your question:

"The Crimson King sculpture measures 16 inches tall by 14 inches across the widest diameter of the bottom of the Cherrywood base, this height includes the base. The slab of wood is 2.5 inches thick! The jesters staff sits inside these tolerances"

Time for us to hit the hay as it's 1:15 AM.

Take care all.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks! I missed that but now I know
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast