Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast

Thread: Artist- Rachel Readman

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Simply magnificent!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LokiJake View Post
    I wanted to post here in addition to my collection thread because I really want people looking into Rachel's work to see how great her pieces can make an area.

It worked out where the last two weeks I've been doing some traveling. Rachel had my 2 Constant Reader sculptures completed, but I was playing tag with UPS who of course needed me to be there in person to take delivery. So close to getting these and not having them was driving me nuts while i was out of town.

The Dark Tower collection is my only book collection, and something i had been wanting to do for a long time. The series is important to me, and i wanted the books viewable in my home office area. I had my slipcase & AE editions mixed with 1st ed. read copies. After discovering Rachel's work via Simon/Stroppygoblin, i decided i wanted to incorporate these two CR sculptures. The blank space between Charliee the Choo Choo and the Pink Wizard's Glass is patiently waiting for completion and delivery of the Crimson King painted sculpture.

I had to make room, so my read copies were moved to the hallway, which my wife just informed me would not be staying there long. Apparently my will only dominates in my little corner/office of our home :-)

Thanks so much Rachel for making that corner so much cooler!

Looks great! Please post again when you have your CK sculpture added into the mix.

Old habits die hard... The paranoid parent of young children in me wants to warn you to move the sculpture on the far right all the way onto the desktop because the overhang is asking for grabby little hands.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by LokiJake View Post
    I had to make room, so my read copies were moved to the hallway, which my wife just informed me would not be staying there long. Apparently my will only dominates in my little corner/office of our home :-)
    Your post is worth several Oreos. I have read it a couple of times to enjoy the sentiment and to look at the fantastic pictures. Very nice display. But is the above statement really true?

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful display!

Goldmember LokiJake will become famous soon enough LokiJake will become famous soon enough LokiJake's Avatar

I know this is a little bit of a duplicate to my collection, so I only put up a couple of shots here of the Crimson King (rest under collection post). Thank you Rachel so much for this beyond words addition to my book collection! I am now using the Constant Readers i posted about here previously as bookends next to CK.

Wanted:
    Wizard & Glass S/L #51 (can trade #229 in plastic)
    Song of Susannah S/L #51 (can trade PC or #293) Found 3/12

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ction-LokiJake

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That thing is off the chain! Very nice, Jake and a job well done, Rachel! Very envious of it.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

AMAZING!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

You're very welcome Jake and I really appreciate your custom and support.

Love your display and the Crimson King looks right at home!

The next Crimson King order is well underway and will be rolling out soon...
    Selling EVERYTHING! Come and get it!

(Except my Gunslinger First Edition. That ain't going nowhere. It's the only one I'm keeping, can't let that go)

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not sure which thread it was in but my husband said he read some discussion here asking about the skulls on the Crimson King sculpture and how unique each one is. To answer that, I made a bunch of them, I think 10 different ones, made moulds of those, cast 600 from those moulds. Next I hand carved and adjusted every single one as they had a 'neck' from the moulding process that had to be removed and the underside of the jawbone shaped. Following this, as I built up the throne one skull at a time, I added cracks, bullet holes, broken noses, damaged eye sockets etc and every skull had to be carefully shaped and properly placed to fit in place and make the throne match as near as possible to Michael Whelan's original painting. A number of the skulls had to have the bottom jawbone removed and then a new bottom jaw sculpted and fitted back in but open jawed in various degrees as per the painting, these were mostly the top row of the throne and on the arm rests below the candles. There are also some fragmented skull parts fitted in here and there. I cannot swear that every single skull is totally unique, nor can I recall precisely how many of the 600 skulls actually ended up in the sculpture but I know it was in the higher 400's. I think it would be difficult, if not impossible, to pick out two skulls that are exactly the same (but then apparently we all have a twinner somewhere in the world ). Add to this that every one is hand painted, making the paint varied and unique and I would say that it could be argued that they are all in fact unique, as is every sculpture. Every sculpture also has some original hand sculpted areas as they never come out of the mould perfect and I have to hand fix any areas that do not form correctly in the casting process.

Hope this is informative and answers the questions asked in the other thread I can't find.

(Except my Gunslinger First Edition. That ain't going nowhere. It's the only one I'm keeping, can't let that go)

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Readman View Post
    I'm not sure which thread it was in but my husband said he read some discussion here asking about the skulls on the Crimson King sculpture and how unique each one is. To answer that, I made a bunch of them, I think 10 different ones, made moulds of those, cast 600 from those moulds. Next I hand carved and adjusted every single one as they had a 'neck' from the moulding process that had to be removed and the underside of the jawbone shaped. Following this, as I built up the throne one skull at a time, I added cracks, bullet holes, broken noses, damaged eye sockets etc and every skull had to be carefully shaped and properly placed to fit in place and make the throne match as near as possible to Michael Whelan's original painting. A number of the skulls had to have the bottom jawbone removed and then a new bottom jaw sculpted and fitted back in but open jawed in various degrees as per the painting, these were mostly the top row of the throne and on the arm rests below the candles. There are also some fragmented skull parts fitted in here and there. I cannot swear that every single skull is totally unique, nor can I recall precisely how many of the 600 skulls actually ended up in the sculpture but I know it was in the higher 400's. I think it would be difficult, if not impossible, to pick out two skulls that are exactly the same (but then apparently we all have a twinner somewhere in the world ). Add to this that every one is hand painted, making the paint varied and unique and I would say that it could be argued that they are all in fact unique, as is every sculpture. Every sculpture also has some original hand sculpted areas as they never come out of the mould perfect and I have to hand fix any areas that do not form correctly in the casting process.

Hope this is informative and answers the questions asked in the other thread I can't find.
    WOW. Thanks for the insight. You just blew me away!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Just received a notice from the California State Board of Equalization.
    They want $267 in sales tax for my purchase of the Crimson King statue.
    Ouch!

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Just received a notice from the California State Board of Equalization.
    They want $267 in sales tax for my purchase of the Crimson King statue.
    Ouch!
    how does that make sense. I thought sales tax was only applicable if the seller owned a brick and mortar within the state of purchase

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It's my understanding that California residents are obliged to pay sales tax on any purchase sent to them from another state or country.
    It generally is the taxpayers responsibility to report and pay.
    In this instance, it's likely the shipper notified the state of the declared customs value.
    Had it been a $50 purchase, it likely would have gone unnoticed.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How is Rachel anyways? She hasn't posted forever How are sales of the statue going I wonder?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Rachel is good as gold, thanks for asking.

I have been meaning to post for a few days now but been busy busy as always.

Bill PM'd me about the auction of the custom re-bound Different Seasons, that I did the two pieces of art for, to let me know it was up for auction. Thanks for letting me know Bill, I wouldn't have known otherwise. So pleased to see it do brilliantly for the Haven Fund and Jerome did a stunning job on the rebinding and case!

Currently working on two commissions among other things so just have no time to spare but when I can I do still pop in here and you are all always welcome to contact me by PM, Email or through my website if you so wish!

Best to all!!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hello you! Good to see you posting here again. Been a while.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    It's my understanding that California residents are obliged to pay sales tax on any purchase sent to them from another state or country.
    It generally is the taxpayers responsibility to report and pay.
    In this instance, it's likely the shipper notified the state of the declared customs value.
    Had it been a $50 purchase, it likely would have gone unnoticed.
    You can use my address next time, No sales tax in Oregon.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Every time I see Rachel's Crimson King statue I realize after a couple of minutes that I held my breath and I turned my head left a couple of times. I ALWAYS do that whenever I see an item I can't afford and I consider selling a couple of items to get it.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Goldmember LokiJake will become famous soon enough LokiJake will become famous soon enough LokiJake's Avatar

I know pics are already posted but wanted to make sure i had this case on Rachel's thread. Last year before i had to pull back from any more collecting purchases, I had an idea to have a case made to protect by slipcase Gunslinger. I just told Rachel I wanted a cool case and i got it.
    She worked with Dick Olson on details who ensured case was sized and finished perfectly. She came up with every idea and i'm getting so much pleasure from this amazing piece. Thanks again Rachel!

Wanted:
    Wizard & Glass S/L #51 (can trade #229 in plastic)
    Song of Susannah S/L #51 (can trade PC or #293) Found 3/12

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ction-LokiJake

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

very very lovely....not surprised you are getting so much joy from it.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Holy shit, that's beautiful!

Country
    Country Flag

Wow it’s been years since Rachel posted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome case!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah that looks fantastic.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice! And very, very unique. Rachel's art is great.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast