Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas Movies

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Christmas Movies

I know that it is sappy and all, but Christmas movies are some of my favorites. I think most people would vote for A Christmas Story as their favorite, and its probably mine too, but I love Christmas movies in general. Elf, Home Alone 1 & 2, The Grinch Who Stole Christmas, Charlie Brown Christmas, Mickey's Christmas Carol, and Christmas Vacation just to name a few. I also recently watched the 2009 version of A Christmas Carol with the voice talents of Jim Carry, and this is sure to be a new favorite.

What are some of your favorite Christmas movies? What am I missing out on?
    Sloth Love Chunk

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Elf is my favorite! So hilarious. Bad Santa is great, too.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't forget A Mupet's Christmas Carrol!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice SkippyD023 is on a distinguished road SkippyD023's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Christmas Vacation is my favorite. Cousin Eddie is the best...

Shitters Full!!!!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If I had to pick a couple as my favorites, they'd be Elf, A Christmas Story, and How The Grinch Stole Christmas (with Jim Carrey).
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

A Christmas Story and Christmas Vacation are definitely my favorites. I saw Elf a couple years ago, and I won't lie: I really enjoyed it. It's rare that I enjoy "new" Christmas movies, but I thought it was really good.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

A Christmas Story is my favorite. It's also probably the film I've seen the most since I usually watch it a million times around the holiday. Another one that I have to watch every year is March of the Wooden Soldiers with Laurel and Hardy. It's so cheesy, but oh so good. Christmas Vacation is also up near the top for me, along with It's a Wonderful Life. Although even though technically the second one isn't necessarily a Christmas movie, I always associate it with Christmas. And How the Grinch Stole Christmas (cartoon), Charlie Brown Christmas, Mickey's Christmas Carol, Muppets Christmas Carol, and Elf are just a few other favorites. I could go on, there's so many that I love
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Rudolph, The Year Without A Santa Claus, Santa Claus is Coming to Town and Frosty. Are you people pagans?
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Wizard of oz. Always reminds me of christmas, the bbc used to show it every single year (back when we only had 3 channels )

Proper christmas films, i love (probabley the only one) but i love Scrooged.
    I also loved the UK modern version of a christmas carol staring ross kemp (set on a tough housing estate)

Of course Its a Wonderful life features on my list too, how much more christmassy can you get???

and finally for chuckles you cant beat the Santa Clause

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

It's a Wonderful Life

also, A Miracle on 34th Street is great!

If you want a good, cynical laugh at Christmas, try The Ref! LMAO everytime I watch it!
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's a Wonderful Life is the all-time best Holiday movie for me.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Strangely enough, as much as I love Christmas movies, I have never seen Its a Wonderful Life or Miracle on 34th Street. I suspect that I am missing out on some good stuff here. I also like some lesser known titles like; Best Christmas Pageant Ever, One Magic Christmas, and The Night They Saved Christmas.
    Sloth Love Chunk

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Two really great Christmas films:
    the original Miracle on 34th Street. Basically it's just one big Macy's commercial, but the movie is really, really good.
    The Nightmare Before Christmas. Not your typical Christmas film and without the typical Christmas sappiness, but a really fun holiday film.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Another one that I have to watch every year is March of the Wooden Soldiers with Laurel and Hardy. It's so cheesy, but oh so good.
    Is this the one that creeped me out?

Quote Originally Posted by bethany View Post
    Santa Claus is Coming to Town
    Bergermesiter Meisterberger!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Love Nightmare Before Christmas, but then I love everything Burton.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

My favorite Christmas movies include It's a Wonderful Life, the original Miracle on 34th Street not the remake, Nightmare Before Christmas, and of course Rudolph, Frosty and Santa Clause is Coming to Town.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Elf is my favorite Christmas movie!! It's the second last movie we saw in the theatre with my step-daughter before she passed away. The last movie we saw was Racing Stripes.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    Of course Its a Wonderful life features on my list too, how much more christmassy can you get???
    Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    It's a Wonderful Life
    Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    It's a Wonderful Life is the all-time best Holiday movie for me.
    yes!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Oliver Twist and Mary Poppins also remind me of Christmas as they're guaranteed to get shown on UK tv at some point during the holiday.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Another one that I have to watch every year is March of the Wooden Soldiers with Laurel and Hardy. It's so cheesy, but oh so good.
    Is this the one that creeped me out?
    Yes!

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Favourite christmas movies:

Bad Santa
    Love Actually
    Die Hard
    Home Alone
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh yes!! Love Actually - great choice!

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

HOW COULD ANY OF YOU FORGET WHITE CHRISTMAS! Bing Crosby Rules! White Christmas has to be one of the sappiest Christmas movies ever! This movie is so sappy it even makes my husband cry! (The only movies that comes close is Miracle on 34th Street, It's a Wonderful Life)

I love White Christmas!

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Twas the Night Before Christmas -- "Christmas chimes are calling, Santa! Santa! Every heart beat calling, Santa! Santa! C'mon ol' Kris Kringle, down the Milky Way; Santa, we need you today!"
    Santa Claus: The Movie has a great opening... you can turn it off when it gets to the Dudley Moore/John Lithgow storyline.
    The Polar Express
    One Magic Christmas
    et cetera

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast