Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 357 of 712 FirstFirst ... 257 307 347 355 356 357 358 359 367 407 457 ... LastLast
Results 8,901 to 8,925 of 17776

Thread: The Now Playing Thread

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Hey, they got the mustard out.
    i've been having a bad, bad day
    say won't you please put that pad away
    i'm asking you please no
    it isn't right
    it isn't fair
    there was no parking anywhere
    i think that hydrant wasn't there
    why can't you let it go?
    i think i've paid more than my share
    i'm just a poor girl don't you care?
    hey i'm not wearing underwear!

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Whatever - Imogen Heap

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

om nom AlishaRiley is on a distinguished road AlishaRiley's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Lady - Regina Spektor
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

We Do What We're Told - Peter Gabriel

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Shrinking Universe - Muse

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

When You Cry - Vertical Horizon

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Phish 10-31-94

I was so annoyed earlier because I forgot to put it onto my mp3 player to listen to today while I was at work.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Phish 10-31-94

I was so annoyed earlier because I forgot to put it onto my mp3 player to listen to today while I was at work.
    The Divided Sky in the first set is my second favorite version of that song ever played (and that's my favorite of their songs).

NP:

Drowned - The Who

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I'm enjoying it so far. I only got thru disc 1, which I think is about half of the first set. I've got the rest converting now. That way I can listen to whole thing tomorrow while I'm working.

I can't believe they played shows that are this long, or longer!
    A quick question about the halloween shows, did the audience know going in what album they were going to play or was it always a surprise?

I can't believe they played shows that are this long, or longer!
    Halloween shows and New Year's shows were always the longest because there was always that extra set. Even so, the "regular Phish shows" were two long sets and an encore which is much more than you get out of most bands, and the ticket prices were always super low so they gave a lot of bang for one's buck. That said, even I couldn't believe they went 8 hours NYE1999/2000. That was the longest night ever and worth every second.

A quick question about the halloween shows, did the audience know going in what album they were going to play or was it always a surprise?
    Depends on the year. That first time in 94, no. They announced they would do a musical costume and even had a fan vote. The White Album actually came in second to Zappa's Joe's Garage (which would have been phenomenal) but they chose to do the White Album. Actually, when you get to the second set you'll hear that they tried a quick fake out by starting the sound effects for Dark Side of the Moon before they started the Beatles songs. In 95, I don't know remember if they announced what album it would be. In 96 they made up Playbills (like for Broadway shows) that were handed out before the show with the cover of Remain in Light on it so people knew what was coming. In 98 I don't think they announced it before hand and my brother was there and had no idea what album was coming. Phish does love their little surprises.

8 hrs is crazy! Although being New Years Eve, I sure that must have been quite a party. Were you there for that one?

Quite a party as it was the NYE going into 2000, and I was there all right. I sat through 17 hours of traffic, but I was there. I just think it's funny that it took me almost as long to drive to that one (which was less than 4 hours away) as it did to drive to the NYE show the year before which was in NYC. Even the traffic was fun though. With a traffic jam that big, it became a huge party because everyone was going to the same place.

I can't imagine sitting in traffic for that long. At least you guys made the most of it, and had a fun time at the concert. You didn't end up missing any of it because of that did you? I always try to give myself extra time when going to concerts because you never know if you're going to get stuck in traffic, but I don't think I'd ever think to give myself that much time.

I'll let you know what I think of the rest of the show when I finish listening to it.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

The lady Wore Black - Queensryche
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Tokyo Woman - Deep Purple
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

I can't imagine sitting in traffic for that long. At least you guys made the most of it, and had a fun time at the concert. You didn't end up missing any of it because of that did you? I always try to give myself extra time when going to concerts because you never know if you're going to get stuck in traffic, but I don't think I'd ever think to give myself that much time.
    Nope, didn't miss a thing. The whole weekend was a self-contained festival with camping and they opened it the day before the music started because they knew how many people were coming (85,000). We left at noon and got to our campsite around 4 in the morning. The music started the next day.

NP:

Raga Jogiya - Ravi Shankar

Explosions In the Sky
    All Of a Sudden I Miss Everyone
    2007, Temporary Residence Ltd.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Indifference - Pearl Jam ( Live, Massacusetts, 2003 )

Morning, Jayson.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Hi Pam.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Daughter - Pearl Jam ( Live, Seattle, 2000 )
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Ikue Mori with Marc Ribot & Robert Quine
    Painted Desert
    1997, Avant Japan

Portishead
    Third
    2008, Island

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Strawberry Wine - Pat Benatar

The Allman Brothers Band
    Eat a Peach
    1972, Capricorn

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Prove - Fuel

+ Reply to Thread
Page 357 of 712 FirstFirst ... 257 307 347 355 356 357 358 359 367 407 457 ... LastLast