Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 177 of 712 FirstFirst ... 77 127 167 175 176 177 178 179 187 227 277 677 ... LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,425 of 17776

Thread: The Now Playing Thread

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

The Piano Has Been Drinking (Not Me) - Tom Waits

Psychopath William50 is on a distinguished road William50's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    That's a funny name for a song.
    I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. - Edgar Allan Poe

Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings, and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities expressed in crime, perversion, and insanity. - H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by William50 View Post
    That's a funny name for a song.
    Yep. Tom is a clever guy and many of his songs have humorous names. This one happens to also have some pretty humorous lyrics as well.

NP: Vietnow - Rage Against the Machine

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

You've Got to Hide Your Love Away - the Beatles

Dear Prudence* - Brad Mehldau

*Beatles cover

The Beginning is the End is the Beginning - Smashing Pumpkins

Cabbage Alley - The Meters

Man of Constant Sorrow - Soggy Bottom Boys ()

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Unfound One View Post
    The Beginning is the End is the Beginning - Smashing Pumpkins

"They'll look up and shout 'Save us!', and I'll whisper...'No'."

Okay, that's it.
    I'm ordering it NOW.
    Fuck shipping charges.

NP: Superstar - Sonic Youth

Foxhole - Television

Country
    Country Flag

Right of Darkness - Bathory
    I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. - Edgar Allan Poe

Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings, and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities expressed in crime, perversion, and insanity. - H.P. Lovecraft

Buck Naked - David Byrne

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay, that's it.
    I'm ordering it NOW.
    Fuck shipping charges.
    That's the spirit!

NP : The Thin Ice - Pink Floyd

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post

One of the few songs from that album I still like.

NP: Childhood's End - Pink Floyd

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

One of the few songs from that album I still like.

NP: Childhood's End - Pink Floyd

You don't like The Wall, Jayson?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Well, I wouldn't say I don't like it, but it pales in comparison to all of the albums the band released prior to it.

To be fair, for me, Pink Floyd ends with "The Final Cut" which was the album right after "The Wall." I see "The Wall" and "The Final Cut" much more as the first two Roger Waters albums than I do as Pink Floyd albums. By this point Roger was writing pretty much everything and there was little room for the experimentation that went with the previous body of work. The band were little more than a backing band.

Now, all that said, I love Roger Waters and most of his solo work. I just don't love them nearly as much as I do The Floyd.

So, of the Floyd albums up to 1982, it is among my two least favorites. I still like some of the songs, but I'd take any of the previous albums over it any day.

NP: Baraji - Michael Shrieve

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I wouldn't say I don't like it, but it pales in comparison to all of the albums the band released prior to it.

To be fair, for me, Pink Floyd ends with "The Final Cut" which was the album right after "The Wall." I see "The Wall" and "The Final Cut" much more as the first two Roger Waters albums than I do as Pink Floyd albums. By this point Roger was writing pretty much everything and there was little room for the experimentation that went with the previous body of work. The band were little more than a backing band.

Now, all that said, I love Roger Waters and most of his solo work. I just don't love them nearly as much as I do The Floyd.

So, of the Floyd albums up to 1982, it is among my two least favorites. I still like some of the songs, but I'd take any of the previous albums over it any day.
    I'd agree The Final Cut was really Pink Floyd's last album. They did an occasional song I liked after that, but it certainly wasn't the same. Really my favorite stuff is the early stuff with Syd. There is far too little of it though. I even liked Syd's solo stuff. Noone can say THAT wasn't experimental. Anyhow, my favorite Floyd was Piper and my favorite of Water's solo stuff was one alot of people seem to dislike: The Pros And Cons Of Hitchhiking.

NP: Absolute silence
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Okay, that's it.
    I'm ordering it NOW.
    Fuck shipping charges.
    That's the spirit!
    Done and done.

NP: Grantchester Meadows - Pink Floyd

I'd agree The Final Cut was really Pink Floyd's last album. They did an occasional song I liked after that, but it certainly wasn't the same. Really my favorite stuff is the early stuff with Syd. There is far too little of it though. I even liked Syd's solo stuff. Noone can say THAT wasn't experimental. Anyhow, my favorite Floyd was Piper and my favorite of Water's solo stuff was one alot of people seem to dislike: The Pros And Cons Of Hitchhiking.

NP: Absolute silence
    Yes, there was an occasional decent song after 1982, Gilmour is a decent songwriter. The same goes for his solo albums. It's not even that the post Final Cut Floyd stuff is "bad," it's just not Floyd. It's still better than a lot of stuff which was being put out at the same time.

I also love Piper as well as Syd's solo stuff. Not all of his experiments worked, but Syd was a very adventurous musician. It really is a shame his mental state was such that he couldn't continue his recording career.

I liked Pros & Cons, though I'd say Radio KAOS is prob my fav of Roger's albums.

NP: Please Wake Me Up - Tom Waits

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Ebin
    ~Sublime

Country
    Country Flag

M.O.R. - Blur

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Only the best mob movie EVER!

Gunslinger Apprentice Shamey is on a distinguished road Shamey's Avatar

Baba O'Riley-The Who
    Best Song EVER

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Round and Round - Ratt
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 177 of 712 FirstFirst ... 77 127 167 175 176 177 178 179 187 227 277 677 ... LastLast