Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 308 of 712 FirstFirst ... 208 258 298 306 307 308 309 310 318 358 408 ... LastLast
Results 7,676 to 7,700 of 17776

Thread: The Now Playing Thread

The White Guy Chap is on a distinguished road Chap's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Now playing The Cardigans - Heartbreaker
    Some are born to sweet delight,

some are born to the endless night.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Speeding Cars - Imogen Heap

Love, love, love that song.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

The White Guy Chap is on a distinguished road Chap's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Troll - Drep de kristne

Doubt anyone here knows it
    Some are born to sweet delight,

some are born to the endless night.

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8brwKSg_JRQ"]YouTube - Mike Ness - Don't Think Twice (Live)[/ame]

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Nina Simone
    To Love Somebody
    1969, RCA-Victor

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Black Coffee In Bed - Squeeze
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

My Mood
    Gay

The Ballad of Maxwell Demon - Shudder To Think ( Velvet Goldmine Soundtrack )

( Jayson, you said you knew all these guys in their individual carnations, outside the soundtrack... some suggestions please? )

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post

( Jayson, you said you knew all these guys in their individual carnations, outside the soundtrack... some suggestions please? )
    Carnations? My all-too-visual mind made a picture of Thom Yorke and Jonny Greenwood as flowers.

I do know several of the artists outside of their work on the soundtrack, but not all. It's particularly the guys in Venus in Furs that I know well. Thom and Jonny are in Radiohead. Andy Mackay is in Roxy Music (the band whose songs they are mostly doing). David Gray is a solo artist (check out his "White Ladder" album for a good intro to him). If you like their songs on the soundtrack, start with the eponymous first Roxy Music album.

The other made up band is Wylde Ratttz which is comprised of members of The Stooges (the recently departed Ron Asheton), Sonic Youth (Thurston Moore and Steve Shelley), Minutemen (the great Mike Watt) and Mudhoney (Mark Arm). If you want more music like theirs, the first three Stooges' albums (The Stooges, Fun House, and Raw Power) are all classics and exceptionally influential on about a billion punk bands that came after them.

Shudder to Think I am unaware of outside of the soundtrack.

Blaine the Terror Train Mad Man is on a distinguished road Mad Man's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Edguy - Scarlet Rose

I am the one I am the one
    The godlike terror train
    The superior, artificial brain
    Feel free to call me Blaine!

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post

Carnations? My all-too-visual mind made a picture of Thom Yorke and Jonny Greenwood as flowers.

I do know several of the artists outside of their work on the soundtrack, but not all. It's particularly the guys in Venus in Furs that I know well. Thom and Jonny are in Radiohead. Andy Mackay is in Roxy Music (the band whose songs they are mostly doing). David Gray is a solo artist (check out his "White Ladder" album for a good intro to him). If you like their songs on the soundtrack, start with the eponymous first Roxy Music album.

The other made up band is Wylde Ratttz which is comprised of members of The Stooges (the recently departed Ron Asheton), Sonic Youth (Thurston Moore and Steve Shelley), Minutemen (the great Mike Watt) and Mudhoney (Mark Arm). If you want more music like theirs, the first three Stooges' albums (The Stooges, Fun House, and Raw Power) are all classics and exceptionally influential on about a billion punk bands that came after them.

Shudder to Think I am unaware of outside of the soundtrack.
    incarnations.
    Incarnations!
    ( sorry about that )

Thats the info I was looking for, my friend.
    Thank you kindly!

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

Im listening to:
    only a lad- Oingo Boingo
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

It's also quite interesting to hear some of the stuff all stripped down to just Thom and an acoustic guitar or a piano as it is on the solo show I am listening to now. How's that for bringing it back to Now Playing?
    And what show would that be. I would love to hear some acoustic Radiohead.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

incarnations.
    Incarnations!
    ( sorry about that )

Thats the info I was looking for, my friend.
    Thank you kindly!
    I got a good little chuckle out of it so don't apologize.
    Glad I could help out with the info. If you have any follow-up questions you know I'm happy to answer those too.

NP:
    Miles Davis
    Nefertiti
    1968, Columbia

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    And what show would that be. I would love to hear some acoustic Radiohead.
    They're a pair of solo performances by Thom Yorke from the October 2002 Bridge School benefit concerts. It's just Thom playing either acoustic guitar or piano (Neil Young's piano!). He closes the second day's performance with a beautiful version of Neil's "After the Goldrush" which he'd been playing a verse of with RH for awhile as an intro to "Everything In It's Right Place" but this is the full song and sounds that much sweeter that it's played on Neil's piano. Neil and Mrs. Young are the organizers of the annual benefit shows.

I also have a couple of other shows that are Thom and Jonny playing very stripped down versions of RH songs. Thom plays acoustic and Jonny plays his Telecaster but straight into the amp with no effects. It's definitely a different sound. These shows have been great for learning how to play a lot of their songs.

Bar Kokhba
    Lucifer: Book of Angels Vol. 10
    Tzadik, 2008

In honor of International Holocaust Remembrance Day

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Nina Simone
    To Love Somebody
    1969, RCA-Victor
    Nina is all kinds of awesome!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

We Are - Vertical Horizon

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Nina is all kinds of awesome!
    That she is. One of my fav female singers of them all.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

She is incredible.

NP: This-

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzWVWY5QUzg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzWVWY5QUzg[/ame]

It is haunting.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    We Are - Vertical Horizon
    Wow, I haven't heard this song in ages. Great song though.

They're a pair of solo performances by Thom Yorke from the October 2002 Bridge School benefit concerts. It's just Thom playing either acoustic guitar or piano (Neil Young's piano!). He closes the second day's performance with a beautiful version of Neil's "After the Goldrush" which he'd been playing a verse of with RH for awhile as an intro to "Everything In It's Right Place" but this is the full song and sounds that much sweeter that it's played on Neil's piano. Neil and Mrs. Young are the organizers of the annual benefit shows.

I also have a couple of other shows that are Thom and Jonny playing very stripped down versions of RH songs. Thom plays acoustic and Jonny plays his Telecaster but straight into the amp with no effects. It's definitely a different sound. These shows have been great for learning how to play a lot of their songs.
    Thanks, I'm going to go look for them.

NP - Xavier Rudd - Food in the Belly
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Brilliant musicians doing a brilliant interpretation of a brilliant song by another brilliant musician. It is VERY unique.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja35dyPxE74"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja35dyPxE74[/ame]

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

...and another by the same guys.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP7rjppeRA0&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP7rjppeRA0&feature=related[/ame]

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Kronos doing their interpretation of the Billie Holiday that Diamanda did in my earlier post.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_G-ZyUolZQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_G-ZyUolZQ[/ame]

If you rescue me

Brice I am SO happy to know someone else knows The Kronos Quartet, and doubly so that it's you.

They are outstanding musicians. I have a great live performance that they did backing Tom Waits which is just stunning to listen to.

Psychopath William50 is on a distinguished road William50's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Digital Love - Daft Punk
    I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. - Edgar Allan Poe

Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings, and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities expressed in crime, perversion, and insanity. - H.P. Lovecraft

+ Reply to Thread
Page 308 of 712 FirstFirst ... 208 258 298 306 307 308 309 310 318 358 408 ... LastLast