2 22.22%
  • One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

2 22.22%
  • Purple Place for Dying

1 11.11%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Book Club's next book

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I've just read that!! It was perhaps the most heartbreaking book I have ever read.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I could cheerfuly second either one or tw, but Rosemary's Baby has my heart.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I would be up for Rosemary's Baby, if that's the one that gets picked. I've never read it.

Los̶ ver 4 Life -- @shakyandspiky on Instagram -- PMs welcome

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

it is totally worth reading

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm going to look for a copy when I go to work here in a few minutes...

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

YES! No matter what is decided for the book club you should definitely read it.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I would like to nominate "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest".

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've never read Rosemary's Baby, but have seen the movie. For those that have read it, how much does the adaptation differ?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

the adaptation is very true in letter, but there are some crucial differences in spirit and idea. I actually would love to discuss this point, if we ever choose the book for our club reading. So yes, it is very important that you read the book.

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I found a copy of Rosemary's Baby yesterday. It's now on my "to-read" pile, right on top of Jack Ketchum's The Girl Next Door and The Fury by John Farris.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I've always wanted to read Rosemary's Baby! I've never seen the movie either. I'd also like to participate in the book club for the first time, no matter what we read.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

At this point, I'd be up for anything except for Brave New World.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

If we go with Rosemary's Baby, I strongly reccomend everyone read the bok AND watch the movie.

If you rescue me

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest is a great book too. Anybody read any other Kesey?
    Sloth Love Chunk

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I've read Sometimes A Great Notion and Demon Box too, but that was years ago.

If you rescue me

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    If we go with Rosemary's Baby, I strongly reccomend everyone read the bok AND watch the movie.
    Hear, hear.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Going to go for a final decision in a few days fellow readers, at the moment it looks like Rosemarys Baby may be the book of choice, however i will have a final tally of who said what on saturday

Country
    Country Flag

will we start reading very soon? I am afraid I can't participate till after the 20th of June...

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I wanted to start reading one as soon as possible due to my not being around for the first part of the year?

we can wait another month though

Country
    Country Flag

Are we going to have a poll like last time, candy? I think that would be ideal.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

I mean, where bears live it is not very easy to get books in English, and bears have to do with what they have managed to collect over the years; in short, you can always read lots of books without bears, but only a few with bears. It would seem way too tragic if bears have to stay away at exactly the moment when a book they have read and can re-read is discussed; and a book they have something to say about, at that

so if it is possible either to wait (like, slow voting.... then, if we pick this one, slow reading... and only then discussing), or to discuss something in between, bears will be happy!

Gunslinger Apprentice The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm finishing up Nightmare in Pink and then reading The Stand but I would like to join if it starts next month (if that is okay).
    "If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you will never change the outcome" -Michael Jordan

Country
    Country Flag

very good

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    (like, slow voting.... then, if we pick this one, slow reading... and only then discussing), or to discuss something in between, bears will be happy!
    Slow voting, I love that term

Of course we can Sir bear.

Ricky, I will set up a poll (with jeans help) after the weekend with the books that have been forwarded.

Anybody else want to throw in a nomination, now is your chance and remember if your book doesn't get picked there is always next time

Gunslinger Apprentice The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Is this just a SK reading book club? Either way, I would like to nominate Tommyknockers. I have not read it (and know it is not his most popular) but am interested in reading this to see SK write sci-fi and to digest the underlying theme of addiction.
    "If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you will never change the outcome" -Michael Jordan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast