Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which is the better series?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Arrested Development

11 50.00%
  • Life on Mars

11 50.00%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BTVSAT - Round 1: 2000s (Bracket 6)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default BTVSAT - Round 1: 2000s (Bracket 6)

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Arrested Development was one of the best shows on TV... ever... was very sorry to see it cancelled.
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Aww, shit. Life on Mars going up against such a heavily praised show as Arrested Development so soon? Well, I'll be fair, i'll watch a couple of eps of AD first before voting, but...come on, Life on Mars. It's easily one of my favourite shows ever. It's what I watched (along with sequel Ashes to Ashes) when everybody else was watching Lost. It had mystery, but that wasn't the appeal so much as alcoholic, chain smoking, scum-kicking bastard Gene Hunt. Also, John Simm? Easily one of the best actors out there. There's a good chance LoM might not win this round, but there's a 99.9999% chance it's getting my vote.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm really torn....AD is phenomenal, but so is Life on Mars, from the few episodes I've seen!

I'll be back to this one, to vote later...

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Arrested Development...shit is fucking pure gold.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

voted LoM, wonderful and quirky. Also very original at the time

i am surprised to see its neck and neck

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow I can't believe how close it is. Life on Mars is very good, but AD is one show that's definitely the Greatest of All-Time material.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Wow I can't believe how close it is. Life on Mars is very good, but AD is one show that's definitely the Greatest of All-Time material.
    Considering just how much of an impact Gene Hunt made on British culture, as well as how wonderfully well written and acted the show was, the same could be said for LoM.

- Melike

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Arrested f*cking Development.
    One of the best shows ever, imo.

Country
    Country Flag

Tied?

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Well, I've finally watched a few episodes of Arrested Development, and it's one of the funniest US shows I've ever watched. I haven't seen a sitcom like it, really. I really do need to get the complete set sometime soon.

Having said that...I still had to vote for Life on Mars. Not only is it too important for me not to vote for it, it's got everything I look for in a truly great show: great performances, great stories, and more classic quotes than you can shake a cowboy boot at. "If I were as worried as you, I'd never fart for fear of shitting myself!"

- Melike

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I'm glad you finally checked out Arrested Development. It is a truly awesome and genius show.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

agreed
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I'm certainly interested in watching more, Gsd and Odetta, I will say that. Have either of you checked out Life on Mars, btw? The near perfect original with one of the best endings ever, not the one with Harvey Kietel with an ending that made absolutely no sense whatsoever.

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

This poll closes tomorrow morning, so get your votes in if you haven't already.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Bloody hell. A tie. With Arrested Development. Didn't expect that when this round started with my favourite nominated show, I must say! I thought AD would just flat out win!

- Melike

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Tie breaker time !

Country
    Country Flag

Seems there were more stated votes for AD.

Country
    Country Flag

Arrested Development is moving on to Round 2, having received 11 votes (50.00%), and winning the tiebreak.

Tiebreak of stated votes:

AD: Odetta, Mattrick, pablo, Girlystevedave (4)
    LOM: candy, DoctorDodge (2)

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Well, at least it came close to beating Arrested Development, and that at least proves Brits, Pablo, Bev Vincent and Stephen King aren't the only people to have seen it and loved it after all!

- Melike

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey....don't forget me! I enjoy it, too

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Sorry, Pond! It's just that you love English telly so much it's easy for me to forget you're not actually a Brit!

- Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Sorry, Pond! It's just that you love English telly so much it's easy for me to forget you're not actually a Brit!
    You probably have no idea how happy that makes me
    I've wished I was British since I was about 12...I'm getting closer everyday, I think!

+ Reply to Thread