Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: DT Comics : Which character is depicted best or worst?

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Yep, a darker gold is how I pictured her hair too.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't mind the colour of her hair but damn when someone is burning until death she really should give up that super-model feeling and she should show some "not-so-perfect-but-real" emotions on her face.
    I cry your pardon but that pic is killing me. I am sure you know which one I am talking about.

Roland would have understood.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

*steals OChrisO's desktop to do this* Do you mean this one Letti?

"It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I do. Thanks.

Roland would have understood.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree. There is another discussion about exactly that picture in one of these threads somewhere... maybe the issue #7 thread?

EDIT: Yes, it is in the issue #7 thread starting with post #86 here and continuing for the rest of the thread (as it currently stands).

I suggest discussing the depiction of her character overall here, but that specific scene over in the actual issue thread.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Once I saw Alain, I thought, "yeah, that's it".

Rhea a definite no. And I wasn't too happy with Jonas, either. I'm not sure why. I think he's close, but not quite there for some reason.

And yeah, Steven is spot-on.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Gunslinger Apprentice Asterisco is on a distinguished road Asterisco's Avatar

Alain is, by far, the worst one.

The best could be Ted (in Hearts In Atlantis), Roland (the one the first three volumes of DT) or Ben Hascom.

Quote Originally Posted by Asterisco View Post
    Alain is, by far, the worst one.

The best could be Ted (in Hearts In Atlantis), Roland (the one the first three volumes of DT) or Ben Hascom.

We're talking about how various characters from the Dark Tower series were depicted in the Gunslinger Born comic series.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

For me the best so far has been Steven Deschain. Firstly it was cool to see the face of the father Roland has to remember, but it was fairly close to the way I had always pictured S.D.

The most disappointing representation so far I think is Sheemie. This is not at all how I envisioned Sheemie. Feeble is one thing, but this depiction of Sheemie is downright pathetic.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep, Steven Deschain was spot on imo. Some of the others left a bit to be desired for sure.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Steven Deschain was exactly how I pictured him. Los' was exactly how I pictured him in his spider form. Everyone else veered off into left field, especially Rhea and Sheemie.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    Steven Deschain was exactly how I pictured him. Los' was exactly how I pictured him in his spider form. Everyone else veered off into left field, especially Rhea and Sheemie.
    Los the Spider is not at all how I pictured him, but in his case I like the depiction better in the comics better than my version. His comic depiction is fascinating and terrible all at once, just like he should be. Rhea leaves a bit to be desired. She certainly looks hideous, but not quite as I had envisioned. I think Cordelia Delgado is pretty spot on though.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Its funny how on a few of them, the depiction was better than what I had in my minds eye.

I suppose that is a plus for the visual medium.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Cordelia and Rhea

I remember discussing this at length on TDT.net, but not here.

Rhea I don't mind as much, so I'll do it first. One of my favorite parts about Rhea was her Gollumesque detoriation at the Wizard's Glass. Its hinted here. I think the most we get is "Jonas gasps. Rhea is all but sucked away by it." or something. She does look decrepit at the end, but its far less effective. One or two scenes with Rhea at the Glass could have easily been fit in...just trim away at the splash pages of Roland tying his shoe. She's easily one of King's most loathsome characters in the book, and I'll be damned if she wasn't half as effective here.

Cordelia...I'm probably alone in saying this, but I find Susan to be a rather bland character. I didn't feel much for her at all. The few scenes in my mind that made me give a damn about her situation was the ones detailing her relationship with Cordelia. Her best scene is when she sticks up to Cordelia and says "I have been true". By removing all of that, her character is that much less effective. That, and the scene with Cordelia and Rhea is very effective in the book in that its pretty much the climax for her arc.

Having Cordelia show up for two pages with the half-assed explanation of "I don't like to dwell on someone who'd sell her niece's maidenhead" (but you do like to dwell on some Satanic creature whose voice cause babies to die, or a sadistic tyrant who plays polo with severed human heads? Riiight.)

Obviously a lot's going to be cut away when adaptating such a huge book. But these subplots could have easily fit in. Not the whole of them, but one or two scenes could have fit in. A page or two with Rhea staring in the ball and the narrator describing her growing addiction and her physical draining, and another page with Susan and Cordelia fighting.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

I'm sorry, where is the discussion of how Flagg is connected with them?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't think Flagg ever contacted Cordelia. She was just one greedy bitch. I'm not sure about Rhea. Because of the way she got the pink Rainbow (it was given to her by Jonas for safekeeping), I don't think she ever had any contact with Flagg under any of his aliases.

John

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Well I have to agree unfortunately that I though Susan was kind of bland. Ireally want to like her and she will probably grow on me... but I like my other Susan Delgado in Hungary much better.

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I don't think Flagg ever contacted Cordelia. She was just one greedy bitch. I'm not sure about Rhea. Because of the way she got the pink Rainbow (it was given to her by Jonas for safekeeping), I don't think she ever had any contact with Flagg under any of his aliases.

John

Well thanks, John, I know all that...I was actually being a smart-ass towards Cyber...

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Contrary to popular belief, my life doesn't revolve around Flagg. Only 25% or so...
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree that more concerning Rhea and Cordelia could have been included in the comic. Even though they have to cut some stuff out, they had quite a few splash pages, some even two page spreads. Much as splash pages look great, and should be included, there are times when they aren't needed and a large panoramic half page spread will suffice. There are plenty of space where they could have included a bit more.

Along the Path of the Beam The Man With No Name is on a distinguished road The Man With No Name's Avatar

Sheemie was not what I expected. Rhea looks like an ugly puritan.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I think the one that looks the worst is Alain. His face just looks weird and homely. He looks to puffy faced.

Which one looks the closest to how you pictured them?

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Probably Jonas....
    Susan was pretty close too though

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

I thought Cort was well done. Honestly, I wasn't very pleased with any of the other depictions. Jonas was actually quite good on second thought. I especially thought that Gilead looked pitiful. Nothing how I pictured it.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast