Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: DT Comics : Which character is depicted best or worst?

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Default DT Comics : Which character is depicted best or worst?

Which of the characters in the series is depicted closest to how you think of them? Also, which is the worst? Or are none of them depicted well for you?
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I think Cuthbert looks the most like I thought he would. Rhea, although freakishly interesting, is not at all how I saw her.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

All of them are damn far... I can't choose. Maybe Roland's father is quite close.
    But the others...
    Yeah, that's me.

Roland would have understood.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Roland and Cuthbert were dead-on, according to how I pictured them. Alain looked absolutely nothign like I pictured him, he reminds me of a rich spoiled (and chubby) who will start wailing if he doesn't get what he wants. I think my favorite depiction from the comics is definitely Eldred Jonas, he looks f'ing bad ass!

Donkey Thief Mike Beck is on a distinguished road Mike Beck's Avatar

The Crimson King. I had him pictured completely different in my head. How he acted, his physical description. All of it.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Agreed Mike. The spider legs were a nice touch though.

Oh yeah, spider legs were badass. I think I liked him better in the comic than in DT7.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

For me every character was different than what I had it pictured in my mind except for the CK in his spider form. That was spang on with how I pictured him. The worst for me was Rhea Dubativo, although I appreciate that you're going to have different artistic interpretations, hers to me shows that the guy doing the artwork REALLY should have read the books first.
    Rhea is depicted as the classic hag cackling witch in W & G. All the other characters I could deal with the difference, and I thought Roland and Steven were very well done. Walter as Walter I pictured to be a much more grinning, joking character than depicted also. But I really liked him anyway.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh yeah, and Gabrielle Deschain was a total MILF!

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For me Thorin was the worst so far.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Roland and Cuthbert were dead-on, according to how I pictured them. Alain looked absolutely nothing like I pictured him, he reminds me of a rich spoiled (and chubby) who will start wailing if he doesn't get what he wants. I think my favorite depiction from the comics is definitely Eldred Jonas, he looks f'ing bad ass!
    Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Oh yeah, and Gabrielle Deschain was a total MILF!
    FP reads minds!

Roland and Cuthbert were great. Alain's look was a total surprise, one I'm not totally happy with. Rhea was completely different as well, but I was ok with that one, I felt her look worked. Jonas was awesome. Roland's mom was smokin' hot!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

How Steven was depicted was spot on with the image I had in my head.

Alain....not so much.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Roland and Cuthbert were great. Alain's look was a total surprise, one I'm not totally happy with. Rhea was completely different as well, but I was ok with that one, I felt her look worked. Jonas was awesome. Roland's mom was smokin' hot!
    What about Los', Walter and Farson?

Farson was totally different than what i expected, and much more badass than what i had in my mind!

severed head baseball.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't have any real strong image of Farson in mind from the books, but I love what Jae Lee did with him.

I wasn't expecting Walter to look so much like Salvador Dali', but I like him as well.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I liked Marten. Walter should have been more, I don't know, smiley.
    Steven (see sig) was FRICKIN AWESOME! He was right on. Roland looked pretty damn good too. Los was awesome. Cort was super-cool.

Oh, and great thread!

Country
    Country Flag

What do you think about Susan? Is she close to the picture you had in your mind?
    I know she is very hot in the comics (I guess most of you don't mind it ) but she isn't similar to the girl in my head at all.
    In the books... she seemed to be a simle pretty country-girl.
    So?

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Honestly, I don't think Susan in the comic books was such the supermodel that I've heard people describe her as. She is very attractive, but in my mind she was supposed to be. In my mind I never saw Roland falling hard for an average looking girl. If she were drawn the way so many female superheroes are, then there would be problem, but she isn't. So, yeah, I'm fine with the way she was drawn.

Country
    Country Flag

I'm ok with how Susan looked too.

no complaints here.

i really liked the Big Coffin Hunters looks. they did a great job on those bastards.

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, the BCH were done well.

I'm fine with how Susan was depicted, although I have to agree with Letti that I picture her more "country girl" and she seems sophisticated to a degree. I like how they did the other two Big Coffin Hunters very much, my only slight complaint was that Eldred was not depicted ANYWHERE as limping.

Country
    Country Flag

Huh? Oh, you mean he wasn't drawn that way in the comics? Yeah, that wasn't cool.

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    Huh? Oh, you mean he wasn't drawn that way in the comics? Yeah, that wasn't cool.
    Yeah, and that was a fairly big part of his persona, his bad leg and his trembling voice...not depicted either. Like I've said before I have to wonder if Jae Lee read the books before doing this? The way Rhea is portrayed I'm guessing not.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep, the limping would have been a good touch.

I didn't mind "country Susan" but her hair was way too blond for me, I always thought of it is more of a...dusty kind of thing. Not Dr. Quinn or anything, just darker.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast