Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Official Illustrations Dealio

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I am a little slow here. Does the title to be auto linked to have to be perfect?
    As in just how it's spelled in the Catalog?

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I am a little slow here. Does the title to be auto linked to have to be perfect? As in just how it's spelled in the Catalog?
    Yes. For the autolink function to work the title has to match an entry name (i.e. thread name which is a book title) in the wiki/Catalog.
    Last edited by Patrick; 10-11-2007 at 12:05 PM. Reason: post split to start a new thread
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

As I said, I'd suggest to make a folder where we can put the images.
    I've been linking some images from the artist's websites (darrel anderson, Rick berry, Michael Whelan), but I'd suggest to upload all here, since when the artist modify their websites, the images will no longer be available.
    Just a thought.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That sounds good to me. I am fine with uploading images to the site as long as credit is given where due to the artist or website, that can be put in the description in the gallery.

Last edited by Patrick; 10-11-2007 at 12:08 PM. Reason: post split to make a new thread
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi,

This thread was starting to have two important related, but separate, discussions going on.

So that this thread could stay on the topic of building the new King Illustration Catalog, I moved the related but off-topic discussion to its own thread:

King Catalog - Naming Convention

"...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Patrick.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I moved this thread in here so we could use it to discuss this specific catalog.

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I actually have numerous sketches from the last two DT books and Talisman/BH on my hard drive. We were using them when designing the programs for PalaverCon and Mik let me download the lot of 'em. I'll see about separating them out by book and will then post.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Sounds great Aaron, I know we talked about that a bit this weekend. Can't wait to see them.

And thanks Ari, for posting stuff in here. I love to see new "articles" (threads) going up and can't wait for the wikification of this forum.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Do I need to up the amount of images you can put in a post Ari--I think the "second post" images are going to get lost when we wikifi this thing.

EDIT--not lost, they just won't be on the "article" first page

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

That´s okay with me. Tell me when it's done and I'll modify all.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Ari--I have changed the maximum images per post on the site to 20.

Let me know if that isn't enough to get them all in one post.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Matt.
    So, before we get to far we should go back and edit any post where all the pics were not contained in their entirety, and just physically remove the follow up posts where the overflow pics where-correct?

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I think that would be a really good idea Jerome. I have been looking at them and it looks like only a few have overflowed.

The "second" post should be deleted for sure--once the pictures have been moved to the first of course

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Alright, I've just fixed all my posts (I can't edit those that I didn't start).

There's an issue with Skeleton Crew. I need to be able to post more than 20 images for it.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmmmm...let me pop it up to 30.

I can't imagine anyone would ever take advantage of this in the main forum so I can't see any reason to not make it available

Edit--

This has been done

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

All posts fixed (except Jerome's ones, since I can't edit those).

Please delete the unnecesary messages of all those threads.
    Thanks!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you Ari, sorry about the confusion

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I fixed my two illustration threads.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Great!
    I'll keep on posting tonight.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks again Ari, this thing is going to be great!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for all your input and work, Ari!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

on the tdt.net board we did start such kind of a thread, with all the names and illustrations listed...
    hope being able to get the list back to being able to do this kind of threads for every single illustratd book...

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't mind an overall list at all, when this is completed it will essentially be a different thread for each set of illustrations like the King Catalog.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Holy shit!!

This thing has gotten huge, let me know when you guys are ready for me to wikifi it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast