Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which is the better series?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lost

19 76.00%
  • Sons of Anarchy

6 24.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: BTVSAT - Round 1: 2000s (Bracket 4)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default BTVSAT - Round 1: 2000s (Bracket 4)

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Lost
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmmm .... this is a tough one ....

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

i share the same conumdum Feeve

I believe Lost may well lose out in this first round

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Someone already voted for SOA.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Of all the shows for SOA to get pitted against in the first round. Totally sucks.

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I really don't like SOA, and I used to be a big Lost fan, so.....I suppose I have no choice here....

Lost.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by alkanto View Post
    ...and I used to be a big Lost fan...
    Used to be ? ...

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Have I not explained this to you? Thought I had....

I watched the first two seasons and loved them. I was rightfully the first television show I got obsessed with. Season 3 was pretty good, but I got somewhat lost in all the time jumps, and it began to annoy me.
    Then, they had the whole mess-up with airing schedules, and we didn't see it for almost a year. Then the writer's strike happened. And when the strike ended, I looked at all the shows I watched previous to it, and made a list of ones I missed seeing. I continued to watch those shows. Unfortunately, Lost didn't make the cut. I just didn't think about when it wasn't on...and I had other shows I liked a lot better at that point. So I kinda gave up. It was very good in the first seasons, though. Hence the voting it its favor.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Fair enough. You really should get to the latter seasons at some point if you have the time/will power to do so , you might end up liking it a lot more if you're able to judge it as a whole rather than a fragmented series of episodes.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I know...I really should pick it back up. The problem is I get so distracted by Doctor Wh....I mean....other shows that I usually end up putting it off.

Maybe with the Lore re-watch happening next year I can re-do the first 2 seasons and see if that motivates me to keep going

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

There you go ! Perfect. Perhaps an in depth analysis of each episode will re-kindle your love for the show.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Gah, I love Lost, but SoA is so damned awesome. I have to vote for it. If Lost had ended better, it might have gotten my vote.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

I love Sons, but it doesn't even hold a candle to LOST, IMO. Sorry Jax, you sexy beast.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I like what I see so far !

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

You know, while Lost has an amazing overall story and I love it, it has a lot of episodes along the way that I found pretty boring. They were spaced out and there was never a point where I thought about stopping watching Lost. SoA, in my opinion, has been consistently amazing for pretty much every episode. I don't expect it to win, though. It is a shame that such a good show randomly came up against a powerhouse like Lost right out the gate.

That clip up there doesn't do SoA much justice, though.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    That clip up there doesn't do SoA much justice, though.
    Sorry, but there wasn't too much to choose from on Youtube

But feel free to post others.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

I hate LOST

and if anyone wants to know why...

You have to watch every...damn... episode or you are entirely LOST on what the hell is going on! Too much of a commitment... too many twists throughout the seasons... just got stupid to keep up!
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    I hate LOST

and if anyone wants to know why...

You have to watch every...damn... episode or you are entirely LOST on what the hell is going on! Too much of a commitment... too many twists throughout the seasons... just got stupid to keep up!
    That's what I love about the show. Virtually every episode is connected and paramount to the ep that succeeds it. If I had my way, LOST's form of non-linear storytelling and cliff hanger-esque bow-outs would be emulated by many other shows.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    ...You have to watch every...damn... episode or you are entirely LOST on what the hell is going on! Too much of a commitment...
    You might not like it, but you must admit that that is appropriate.

With the rest of television (and every other aspect of life in society, even) being now designed to cater to the lowest common denominator, so that knowing nothing but what's immediately apparent is never a handicap, non-commitment is actually a virtue, and there's no real advantage to paying attention, I begin to think that Ayn Rand may have had a point.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Well, if I LIKED the show, maybe I wouldn't mind committing to it... but all the twists seem like a cop-out to me... nothing has to make sense, just screw around with it some more so we don't really have to answer anything!
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

?

I'm not sure which unexplained twists you're talking about love. With the exception of a few plot points that are left open to interpretation, most of the events that unfold have a basis somewhere in the story/previous episodes.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

you're intriguing me further and further...

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Excellent

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I definitely think you'll enjoy it Jean. I can't wait for you to watch it.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast