Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Contest #22 - Mohaine Desert

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Contest #22 - Mohaine Desert

Hile Artlovers!

The wiki is temporarily disabled whilst we iron out some kinks, but that's no reason for us to stop with Daghain's marvellous art contests

Next up is the Mohaine Desert, which as you may recall is where we begin our journey with Roland. King describes it as the apotheosis of all deserts, huge, standing to the sky for what might have been parsecs in all directions. White; blinding; waterless; without feature save for the faint, cloudless haze of the mountains which sketched themselves on the horizon and the devil grass which brought sweet dreams, nightmares, death.

The deadline is Monday 29th November 2010. Submissions to be posted in this thread once they are completed. Good luck!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Mine....

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......................................
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

And contrary to my post above, Towerpedia is now back up and running. Kudos to Matt for that

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Brice
    I'm definitely going to try to put something together for this one.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool, I can extend by a week if anyone needs it

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

No takers at all?

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Oh no, I forgot all about it. I'm sorry. I really wanted to try to do something but I don't think I'll get to it right away.

Along the Path of the Beam Canada is on a distinguished road Canada's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I can do something for this if it was extended by a week. If not, I'll just wait till the next one. I literally just now saw this.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool, tell you what I'll extend until 14th December - is that enough time for you too, Heather?

I promise I'll try

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks! that should be plenty of time!

Big Pants; Little Feet Candice Dionysus is a jewel in the rough Candice Dionysus is a jewel in the rough Candice Dionysus is a jewel in the rough Candice Dionysus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Cool, that'll give me time to do something too. Heh. I also just noticed this.
    Random PM's are loved!

Call me Can.

Discord Tag: Can*/Tommy (They/Them pronouns)#5588

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Isn't it obvious that it's Heather's fault no one has participated yet? You know, her being a Wolf and everything.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

This is mine. Sorry, it's kindof rushed. And yes, I know King describes Mohaine as being "cloudless". I just thought it would add more dynamism.

(I also have a larger version. I wasn't sure how wide to make it so it wouldn't stretch the page.)

I need to do more landscapes...
    Last edited by Randall Flagg; 01-08-2012 at 10:02 AM.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Canada: Rushed? It's absolutely perfect. Beautiful work.

Roland would have understood.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    This is mine. Sorry, it's kindof rushed. And yes, I know King describes Mohaine as being "cloudless". I just thought it would add more dynamism.

(I also have a larger version. I wasn't sure how wide to make it so it wouldn't stretch the page.)

I need to do more landscapes...
    Holy smokes !! That's awesome !!!!!!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow! That looks amazing! Really nice job.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

That's fantastic! And, by default of being the only contestant as well as all round awesomeness, I declare you the winner!!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread