Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which is the better series?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dawson's Creek

5 17.24%
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer

24 82.76%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: BTVSAT - Round 1: 1990s (Bracket 3)

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think I'll be watching it as soon as I'm through with TTZ

when does this poll close?

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    when does this poll close?
    Friday. It should say in the poll itself.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

yes, it does, I see it now. Bears are so hopeless, visually, that they should be told where to look.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Jean - Are you starting at the beginning of the series?
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Country
    Country Flag

yes, have watched about one third of the first season since last night

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    BUFFY !!

Which would be my pick to win this whole tourney.
    exactly! The Buffster FTMFW

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    By the way, if anyone's wondering (and it doesn't look like anyone is, but what the hey), the reason the Buffy clip looks mirrored (backwards lettering) is so that copyright-holders don't take down the clip off Youtube (I guess they use some sort of image-detecting software and this throws them). It's kinda weird watching it, but it's one of the better clips of a Buffy episode.
    pablo... Haven't you ever heard of "plausible deniability"?
    Sure I have. But what do you mean exactly?
    jk. As if Whedon has secret agents tracking you. ha-ha
    BUFFY !!

Which would be my pick to win this whole tourney.
    OMG, I was totally developing a lot of respect for your knowledge of television, but I think that's just gone right out the window. Are you serious? Buffy?!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Buffy best of all time?

My Mood
    Gay

I am, absolutely, 100%, without a doubt serious ... Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Yup. To me, probably the best show of all time. The writing is some of the best on television, ever and the fact that it could be what it was ( a show about a vampire slayer ) and still also be a show that captured the complexity and angst and nuance of being a high school/college student, etc. It was just amazing. Don't even get me started on the musical episode ( Once More With Feeling ... which, besides being so incredibly enchanting and fun ... moved the series forward with it's character development and plot reveals ).

Jean - I asked what episodes you were watching because my favorite episodes, if I had to pick them, come later in the series. Not the the beginning episodes aren't good... but Joss build on the characters and the storylines in such a way that you truly becoming involved and dedicated to the characters as time passes.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Country
    Country Flag

oops, sorry, I posted in the wrong thread. I meant, I started watching the Twilight Zone, not Buffy. I will get to Buffy later; I don't think it is going to be too late, because it seems she is the favorite of the race.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

...Don't even get me started on the musical episode ( Once More With Feeling ... which, besides being so incredibly enchanting and fun ... moved the series forward with it's character development and plot reveals )...
    I'm glad you mentioned that, because I must admit that I haven't seen every single episode of the series, but this example I'm certainly familiar enough with to give it a confident .

My Mood
    Gay

Unless you followed Buffy, and the HUGE events leading up Once More With Feeling .... then you would completely and utterly miss the emotional impact of the final scenes. Of the songs and the meaning behind them .... pssst - they weren't just cool rhyming words. Every single song moved the story, the characters, and the series forward.

Spoiler:
    There was no pain, no fear no doubt,
    'Til they pulled me out of Heaven.

So that's my refrain.
    I live in Hell, 'cause I've been expelled from Heaven.
    I think I was in Heaven.

Country
    Country Flag

Buffy the Vampire Slayer is moving on to Round 2, having received 24 votes (82.76%).

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Fuck yeah. I don't know if anyone nominated Angel or not, but the perfect final would be Buffy Vs. Angel to me.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Country
    Country Flag

Angel is indeed nominated and will be up for voting later in Round 1

My Mood
    Gay

Buffy moves on. Thank you!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2