Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which is the better series?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dawson's Creek

5 17.24%
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer

24 82.76%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: BTVSAT - Round 1: 1990s (Bracket 3)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default BTVSAT - Round 1: 1990s (Bracket 3)

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

yet again, haven't seen either, although am definitely going to watch Buffy: everyone says I should

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Buffy
    If you are going through hell - keep going

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Dawson's Creek! Woot! (I'm probably the only person who loves this show).

As for Buffy, I watched the 1st season and could not get into it. It was so cheesy. But everyone says it gets better after the 1st season, so who knows. Maybe I'll watch it someday.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    ...could not get into it. It was so cheesy...
    I feel the same way... about both of these shows. I didn't expect to be voting for Buffy, but what do you know?!

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh yeah, Dawson's Creek is cheesy too. I think the difference for me lies in the fact that I was in middle/early high school when Dawson's Creek came out, so I got really into the show and into the "teen drama" because I was the same age. Now it's nostaligic for me.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Buffy The Vampire Slayer!!!

And with this crowd i am expecting a full on victory

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yep, nostalgia factor is definitely a strong one.
    I absolutely could not associate with "Dawson's" characters - most likely because by its time I was married and past high school (and even past university), so not much place for teen drama in my life
    For that matter, I did not exactly associate with "Buffy" either - so I had to vote for it as a "lesser evil".
    If you are going through hell - keep going

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Buffy, by a landslide.

I actually watched both of these shows quite regularly, but Buffy is the one I still watch. When I go on fall break next week, a friend and I are actually planning a Buffy Marathon...between both of us, we have all 7 seasons.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Didn't watch / don't care for either ; didn't vote.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    You never watched Buffy?

I am shocked to my very core!! shocked i say

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    You never watched Buffy?

I am shocked to my very core!! shocked i say
    What do you expect? Despite plenty of recommendations (and not just from me or alkanto, I might add), the guy's still not watched a single ep of Who, either!

Oh, and I voted for Buffy, of course. Monsters, good drama, and a great sense of wit. Nothing better!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

buffy, of course
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I said Dawson' Creek. Buffy is one of the most popular worst shows ever and made Joss Whedon seem like he can actually offer something to anyone.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

This.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I said Dawson' Creek.
    Yay!

Citizen of Gilead kluker is on a distinguished road kluker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

I vote Buffy just cause she kicked ass and Joey and Pacey kinda upset me with all their running around.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

I said Dawson' Creek. Buffy is one of the most popular worst shows ever and made Joss Whedon seem like he can actually offer something to anyone.
    Like he can offer anything to someone, you mean?

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Just because people watch something doesn't mean its good. Like I love professional wrestling and I'll be the first to admit it's pure trash. I used to watch Buffy, first couple of seasons. Then I realized how bad it was. To each their own, of course. I just have very high standards when it comes to television, wrestling aside. I can understand how Buffy has a loyal fanbase and even firefly but Whedon hasn't proved to me he is anything special and I've seen most of his work.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

It depends how far with Buffy you get. He started off being purposely cheesy and I thought, for the type of comedy style he was aiming for, he executed it very well. Buffy got slightly more serious and darker as the seasons progressed and it's watchability never waned.

Dawson's Crack annoyed the shit out of me. I was forced to watch it because my sister's loved it, it's probably why I left home

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

... I just have very high standards when it comes to television...
    My standards for TV are much lower than for other media. But you might be a bit more spoiled... grew up after cable, right?

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

By the way, if anyone's wondering (and it doesn't look like anyone is, but what the hey), the reason the Buffy clip looks mirrored (backwards lettering) is so that copyright-holders don't take down the clip off Youtube (I guess they use some sort of image-detecting software and this throws them). It's kinda weird watching it, but it's one of the better clips of a Buffy episode.

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

pablo... Haven't you ever heard of "plausible deniability"?

Country
    Country Flag

Sure I have. But what do you mean exactly?

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

BUFFY !!

Which would be my pick to win this whole tourney.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast