Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which is the better series?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Wire

5 33.33%
  • The Shield

10 66.67%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BTVSAT - Round 1: 2000s (Bracket 3)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default BTVSAT - Round 1: 2000s (Bracket 3)

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

haven't seen either.......

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I want to vote for The Wire, but since I have not seen The Shield, it wouldn't be fair.
    So no vote for now.
    If you are going through hell - keep going

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RainInSpain View Post
    I want to vote for The Wire, but since I have not seen The Shield, it wouldn't be fair.
    So no vote for now.
    You have seven days to watch the entire series. Better clear your calendar. lol

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Never seen either!
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Never seen either!
    Both excellent, gritty series. It'll be interesting to see which one comes out on top.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I really want to check out The Wire. Especially since Aidan Gillen was cast in HBO's upcoming "Game of Thrones". I've heard nothing but good stuff regarding him.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RainInSpain View Post
    So no vote for now.
    You have seven days to watch the entire series. Better clear your calendar. lol
    Erm, right. All seven seasons in a week.
    Is it even good enough to warrant the exertion?

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

i seem to be struggling the same Jean, especially with the 2000's

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Shield is an excelltn show, but it's not a "feel good" type of program. If it helps anyone decide whether to watch it or not, I know Sai King really enjoyed the program as well.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Country
    Country Flag

The same can be said about The Wire, though I don't know what King's view on it is.

Country
    Country Flag

Interesting. I guess I need to check The Shield out sometime, then.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

The Wire.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Nor have I.
    Gotta skip this one.

Country
    Country Flag

Would be kinda weird seeing both Mad Men and The Wire (which some claim to be some of the best series ever) out in Round 1.

Country
    Country Flag

The Shield is moving on to Round 2, having received 10 votes (66.67%).

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Would be kinda weird seeing both Mad Men and The Wire (which some claim to be some of the best series ever) out in Round 1.
    I agree; it's weird to see this. However, The Shield is also pretty good.

Country
    Country Flag

Sadly this only received 15 votes, the least so far, I think.

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

The Wire is one of the most overrated shows in the history of cable television. The Shield, on the other hand, is probably the best pure cop drama I've ever watched-not that I'm a fan of cop shows, or procedurals in general.

Chiklis, hands down.

+ Reply to Thread