Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which is the better series?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Quantum Leap

14 42.42%
  • The Wonder Years

19 57.58%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: BTVSAT - Round 1: 1980s (Bracket 1)

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

While Quantum Leap was ok, The Wonder Years is one of my favorite shows of all time. If it doesn't make it past the first round I may be too depressed to continue voting.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok, I finally voted for The Wonder Years after much deliberation. My reasoning was that although I love both shows, QL was sometimes repetitive whereas WY managed to stay fresh every episode - and at the time the voice over technique was quite unusual and I really dug it.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Yay! Lisa voted Wonder Years.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Ok, I finally voted for The Wonder Years after much deliberation. My reasoning was that although I love both shows, QL was sometimes repetitive whereas WY managed to stay fresh every episode - and at the time the voice over technique was quite unusual and I really dug it.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

What I always loved about The Wonder Years is how it's such an accurate portrayal of growing up. It was always true to life.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Totally! You were really on the journey with kevin.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yup. Throw in a few cholitos, drive by shootings, and knife fights and that was my childhood too

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    DD, it must be your age because The Wonder Years was massive with my age group when it was first on UK tv.

I'm finding it really hard to vote on this one. Both series made me laugh and made me cry (WY - Karen leaving home/ QL - when Sam sings Imagine to his sister) I really don't know who to vote for...

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

don't hate, manders, but I had to go with quantum leap. I saw every episode growing up.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sarah View Post
    don't hate, manders, but I had to go with quantum leap. I saw every episode growing up.
    i love you

we need more quantum leap love

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Oh man, The Wonder Years. One of my most favorite shows ever.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

I do not know if it is right to vote in this situation that ''The Wonder Years'' is greek to me, but my choice is Quantum Leap.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For anyone keeping score, so far this bracket has gotten the most votes.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This bracket closes later today, so vote now if you still haven't.

Country
    Country Flag

The Wonder Years is moving on to Round 2, having received 19 votes (57.58%).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2