Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which is the better series?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Quantum Leap

14 42.42%
  • The Wonder Years

19 57.58%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: BTVSAT - Round 1: 1980s (Bracket 1)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default BTVSAT - Round 1: 1980s (Bracket 1)

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Ooo... tough one.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

♪ What would you doooo if I sang , out of tuuuuuune ? ♪

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not tough at all, The Wonder Years. And Quantum Leap is a great series too but it wasn't very lucky meeting WY in the first round.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

The Wonder Years. My favorite ever.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    The Wonder Years. My favorite ever.
    Same
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

The Wonder Years has to make it to the Final!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

bears haven't seen either...

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    The Wonder Years has to make it to the Final!
    Yes! It definitely does
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Ooh I see Quantum Leap is actually gaining on Wonder Years. I wonder (hehe) who those people are, speak your mind!

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Oops. I thought I commented. I went with Quantum Leap. I thought it was a real fun show, and the chemistry between the leads was loads of fun.

Wonder Years ... sorry, not so much a fan. Good writing, but kid actors just don't act all that well sometimes.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

first one i can vote in

Quantum Leap
    Innovative, funny and just FAB

if it doesn't go through i may just cry

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

I think I saw every episode of both these series, so I'm not just carelessly saying it's a hard choice. Quantum Leap had some powerful dramatic episodes mixed in with it's typical (well-done) comedy scenes... and sci-fi fans should definitely check out the thought-provoking finale.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    bears haven't seen either...
    Jean, I believe you'd like The Wonder Years a lot. It's about childhood, growing up. Similar in a way to Stephen King's writing about children in It and The Body.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

yes, this is what bears like...

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    I think I saw every episode of both these series, so I'm not just carelessly saying it's a hard choice. Quantum Leap had some powerful dramatic episodes mixed in with it's typical (well-done) comedy scenes... and sci-fi fans should definitely check out the thought-provoking finale.
    people should vote for this or no other reason that the wonderful finale!!

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I voted Quantum Leap, too. I don't think The Wonder Years was as big in the UK as it was for most of you guys, but Quantum Leap was a classic show for me to watch every week, so that might have something to do with it. I also think it likely that 60s America just wasn't as appealing to us Brits. I'm not saying it wasn't a good show, but the nostalgia aspect definitely must've helped a lot more for you US folk.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Country
    Country Flag

Quite close, interesting.

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    ...the nostalgia aspect definitely must've helped a lot more for you US folk.
    This is a good point. Also, the music.
    Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    ♪ What would you doooo if I sang , out of tuuuuuune ? ♪
    I suppose it's reasonale to compare The Wonder Years with Stand By Me, but the former is much more about young love. And, also, the music.

Country
    Country Flag

Wow this is one unexpectedly close battle!

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The Wonder Years!

I remember watching re-runs of this on Nick@Nite when I was preschool....I love it

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

This one is extremely tough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

DD, it must be your age because The Wonder Years was massive with my age group when it was first on UK tv.

I'm finding it really hard to vote on this one. Both series made me laugh and made me cry (WY - Karen leaving home/ QL - when Sam sings Imagine to his sister) I really don't know who to vote for...

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    I really don't know who to vote for...
    Psst: Wonder Years

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    I really don't know who to vote for...
    Psst: Wonder Years

ignore the man behind the curtain - vote for Quantum Leap -sam Beckett needs you

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast