Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 158 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Signings and Appearances-Tips and experiences

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

King signs my books

Queue is starting to grow

Okay so everyone took a lot of random daft photos OK!

As you can see we turned it into a cardboard city as cold November concrete isn't too comfy

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

One of the shots taken for the London paper of those at the very front of the queue, basically the Night Shift folks lol

I had no sleep for like 3 days (literally) so I was trying to catch a few zzzzz here and there

Finally a couple more of the main man.....

Cool wheels!

Now roll on Kings next visit circa 2012 lol

Gunslinger Apprentice super sam is on a distinguished road super sam's Avatar

Hi there Cloysterpete.
    yeah, it was a looong night waiting outside.

It was a little frustrating after the signing to see that you and jana both got your books signed,when i did not got any signature in my book.

But it was an adventure to be on a booksigning and reading, i would really do it again, but i am sure that King donīt come to Europe again for any more booksigning

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks like a great time, Cloysterpete and Super Sam.

Why didn't SK sign your book, Super Sam? Weren't you all in line together?
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, great shots. Looks like you guys had a hell of a time.

I hope they let us take pictures in there.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by oy-the-brave View Post
    I am going to take my Gunslinger 1st that I took to Palavercon and had Michael Whelan sign

Dave? Dave? Does that mean you're coming to DC? Woo-hoo, we get to meet again! I so enjoyed our talk at Palavercon.

Yep I will be there. I decided to buy a ticket to the reading, just in case, but found a flight for 250.00 so I decided on a whim to go (much like I did for Palavercon and that was an incredible experience).

I am looking forward to seeing you again and meeting some new people.

Gunslinger Apprentice super sam is on a distinguished road super sam's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Looks like a great time, Cloysterpete and Super Sam.

Why didn't SK sign your book, Super Sam? Weren't you all in line together?
    When i put my two books on Kings table the assistant beside told me that he just sign Liseys.
    If i had been better in speaking English and not so nervous, i had talked to him as Cloysterpete did, then i am sure he would had sign it for me.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by super sam View Post
    When i put my two books on Kings table the assistant beside told me that he just sign Liseys.
    She said that to me at 4 different signings. I ignored her four times.

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

ha same as myself.i put my 1st Carrie on the table and she said Liseys only.Steve looked at her and back at me and i said "come on Steve-you gotta sign my Carrie".he smiled and shook his head and signed it.she wasnt too impressed though.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow! You have to be a bit bold huh? Not sure I can do that

I had a dream he invited everyone in the dt.com shirts to stay after for a one one one q&a

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Whatever you do, don't tell him you are his "#1 fan".

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

God no!!

My whole thing is going to be about quiet professionalism

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Steve and I are on very good terms in my dreams (lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Wow! You have to be a bit bold huh? Not sure I can do that

I had a dream he invited everyone in the dt.com shirts to stay after for a one one one q&a

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice dream, Matt.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Dave, you going to be taking the train, flying or driving in?
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post

Karen-

Definitely not flying. I priced out the train and it would be $250+ round trip for me and my son, plus there is no train back to NYC past 10:30pm that night so I would have to find a hotel or park bench (extra $$). So, that leaves driving on a Friday (hellacious traffic) and then driving back after the show. I know I am crazy to think about a potential 12 hour DT drive for a 2-3 hour event! So...leaning toward the drive at this point.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post

Karen-

Definitely not flying. I priced out the train and it would be $250+ round trip for me and my son, plus there is no train back to NYC past 10:30pm that night so I would have to find a hotel or park bench (extra $$). So, that leaves driving on a Friday (hellacious traffic) and then driving back after the show. I know I am crazy to think about a potential 12 hour DT drive for a 2-3 hour event! So...leaning toward the drive at this point.

WOW!!!! Good luck on that one! I would be sleepin! Being in the car for that long puts me out! Hope you don't fall asleep!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

We have about a 5 hour drive from North Carolina but otherwise its all flying.

We're going to do a whole day just getting to DC from there, promised I would take Dora out to the coast.

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by oy-the-brave View Post
    I am going to take my Gunslinger 1st that I took to Palavercon and had Michael Whelan sign

Dave? Dave? Does that mean you're coming to DC? Woo-hoo, we get to meet again! I so enjoyed our talk at Palavercon.
    Both of you guys are simply awesome. I enjoyed Palavercon immensely, and am looking forward to seeing you again.

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I know I am crazy to think about a potential 12 hour DT drive for a 2-3 hour event!
    Hey, I'm in pro wrestling, that's a normal weekend.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

So its out today...Duma Key I mean.

I really want to buy it and read it but I'm not sure if they will be for sale at the signing.

so seriously...what do you guys think I should do?

buy it, read it, take it to sign
    buy it there to sign

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Buy a copy, read it. Take a brand new unread 1st Edition 1st printing copy with you. This in in the rare, but possible chance the books for sale are not 1st printings (this happened to Patrick and I at a Joe Hill signing) You can politely buy the later printing, and tell them you brought a 1st to be signed.
    This all of course is contingent upon King actually signing books put in front of him, and not pre-signing, where you don't get to meet face to face.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I think that's a good plan Jerome, I guess I'll do it that way.

I just hate to end up with 3 copies of Duma Key but that may be the only way to go.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I think that's a good plan Jerome, I guess I'll do it that way.

I just hate to end up with 3 copies of Duma Key but that may be the only way to go.
    Only 3

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Buy a copy, read it. Take a brand new unread 1st Edition 1st printing copy with you. This in in the rare, but possible chance the books for sale are not 1st printings (this happened to Patrick and I at a Joe Hill signing) You can politely buy the later printing, and tell them you brought a 1st to be signed.

This all of course is contingent upon King actually signing books put in front of him, and not pre-signing, where you don't get to meet face to face.
    Exactly. Although Joe was gracious enough to go ahead and sign the 1st/4th that I had to buy. The sweet thing is that Joe inscribed it to a Dark Tower character for me. That ought to be a rarity.

Anyway, back on topic:

Matt, I strongly recommend that you do what Jerome suggests - buy two 1st printings, one for reading, take the other with you for signing.

If they make you buy one there that turns out to be a later printing or is scuffed up in comparison to your pristine copy, just take the purchased one home unsigned if you must and do a giveaway with it here later.

Believe me, when it's over if you end up with an extra King book, you are not going to care in the big scheme of this event.

If there's any way to get everything signed, of course, then do it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 158 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 ... LastLast