Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 158 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 152 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 3936

Thread: Book Signings and Appearances-Tips and experiences

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Yes, it's another one of those. I am bring a ton of people and we will take turns sitting in line and saving spots while the others tour the museum and eat lunch! WOOT WOOT! GOt it all planned out!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Nothing can top the festival we just went too. $125 seems a bit high to me (Unless you live in Dallas!) -- $250 for a reception! Is there a limit at the reception? and is it really a reception? I was so excited to get my photo with Stephen King for $100. I was just thinking what I could afford and is $250 worth it, to see him so soon after the last event. I have to say $250 is too pricey without enough details. But then if everyone thinks that the price is to high then maybe it would be just him and I at the reception. I am anxious to see if the event sells out as quickly as the fall festival. Nothing beats being able to have a book of your choice signed. Meeting him at the reception and standing in line waiting to talk to him again was amazing. Here- you get to say hi at the reception - no line waiting for signature. Only book you get signed is 11/22/63. I am going to have to pass. Unless i win the lottery.

Had i not just had the most amazing time in Fairfax, I would of been the first one to sign up for Dallas!

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

I treasured my "Imsonnia" Book. Flat signed by stephen King, picked it up at the bookstore a few days after i heard him speak for the first time ----then 10 years later, I meet him at a reception, he talks to me, tells ME all about his son's new book, and then i get to stand in line with 20 new friends looking at each others books, I had the "Plant" and a very nice lady standing next to me. I waited for 1 hour to say Hi to him again, and then he signed 4 of my books - thanks to a very patient wife and mother in law.

11/22/63 book signing tours (without standing in line, waiting, anticipating) not so exciting. Unless it is your first chance to see him!!!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Who is planning to be in Sarasota for the 11/22/63 event? I originally said I'm not going to go but I think I'm changing my mind...maybe

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    The Boston event is not a signing, they will be selling signed books (250 I believe) Just registered for 6 people to go...hmmmm, who else can I get to sign up for this?!?!?

Gonna have to head to Boston at like 9am to get a good spot in line! HELLS YA!!!!
    Can't go cause of work, and I weep no tears...

If the Dallas-style reception was up here, I'd move heaven to earth to try and go...but this one's just not in the cards.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

I look at it this way. I have never been to the Kennedy Library. Here's a cool event that I WANT to go to held there, it's free. So, I take the day off and hang out in Boston. Not too bad of a day if I do say so myself.
    Hope to see some of you there.
    Wonder if Joe is going?!?!?!?
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

The Kennedy Library is pretty cool...def. worth a morning, especially if you're just hanging around waiting.

I'd go if it fit my schedule, but I'd have to jump through hoops...and without a definite signed book, it's an easy excuse to just pass on it.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I'm giving a lot of thought to going to the Dallas event on Nov. 10. But it is not a signing. You get a signed copy of 11/22/63 if you buy one of the higher level tickets. $250 gets you into a VIP reception, preferred seating at the program, valet parking and a signed book. $125 gets you preferred seating and a signed book. $40 just gets you into the program.

I'll probably kick myself if I don't go but, honestly, the agenda doesn't get me too excited. It is in the Majestic Theater in Dallas. It is a neat old theater. I saw Jethro Tull perform there about five years ago. Reasonably small and intimate. Should be a good venue for a King talk. I have until Oct. 5 to decide as that is when tickets go on sale. Anyone else going to this one?
    I'll probably be there, Bob.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    I'll probably be there, Bob.
    Good! I will more than likely be there too.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I guess there's the chance that he might sign something for you at the VIP reception, that might be worth it. I was just thinking I'd like to go, but all of my books are packed up and in a container somewhere between Germany and here ... I won't have anything for him to sign by November 10th!
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

My Mood
    Asleep

At the reception in Fairfax, he did not sign anything at the reception. A few people did stop him in the hall, elevators, etc... on the way too and from the event. Good luck!

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Boston event is not a signing, they will be selling signed books (250 I believe) Just registered for 6 people to go...hmmmm, who else can I get to sign up for this?!?!?

Gonna have to head to Boston at like 9am to get a good spot in line! HELLS YA!!!!
    just registered for the Boston event. hope to see you there.
    now i just gotta find a place to stay -- all the hotels seem to be on peak pricing for that week. is there something else going on in the city that i don't know about?
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

No, Boston's just brutally expensive anyway.

My advice is to rent outside the city...somewhere like Canton, about 45 minutes south, then keep checking the city hotels as the date approaches and try to jump on a good price.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I just registered for the Boston event. But the email I got says
    Thank you. We have received your reservation for 2 guests to the following forum: A Conversation with Stephen King scheduled for November 7, 2011 1:30 PM - 2:30 PM. Unless we specifically issue tickets for a particular event, this will be your record of the reservation.

Please note that reservations guarantee a seat in the building, but not the main hall. Seats in the main hall are available on a first come first serve basis for those with reservations. Doors to the main hall open one hour before a program begins. When the main hall is full, guests with reservations are seated in our overflow theater where the forum is video streamed.
    How do you get into the main hall? Are they just lining you up and the first ones in line get in? I'm not sure I want to go if I'm just sitting in another room watching it on a screen.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm pretty sure it's like the Baltimore signing in '09: anyone can get in, but if you want a chance at good seating/signed book possibility, you should probably be in line hours in advance.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Does anyone have any info on the Atlanta signing in Dec yet?
    I would go to that one (less flying) or the Sarasota one since I have friends in Tampa. Dont like standing in line for a wristband though. I dont think Im much interested in the pre-signed book events. I'm hoping I can stay true to my tradition and talk him into dating the sig...

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Becaue i'm flying over from the UK i'm going to phone up about the Boston event later

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Default priceline

Hi,
    Try priceline. i got a room downtown for a scotch tasteing last year in a beautiful hotel for $80. keep low balling all the hotels in the area and eventually one will give in.

Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post

just registered for the Boston event. hope to see you there.
    now i just gotta find a place to stay -- all the hotels seem to be on peak pricing for that week. is there something else going on in the city that i don't know about?

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

The Boston event is full, in case anyone was slow with the trigger finger.

Is it possible that there will be no signed books at all at the Boston event?

Gunslinger Apprentice dyetye is on a distinguished road dyetye's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There is a chance the wife and I might try to make the New Orleans one, but they are only signing 250 copies and randomly mixing them in with the regular ones. Anyone know how large these events are, and what are the chances of actually getting a signed one is?

My Mood
    Lurking

They are saying that there's going to be 250 pre-signed books. I really hope I get some.....I have friends lookin for them But I am gonna try to be there for like 9 or 10am for a spot in line.....

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I was thinking I'd have to get there around that time too, but I'm coming from the opposite side of the state and with rush hour traffic not sure how long it will take me to get in there. And I think I'm taking my mom with me so I doubt she'll want to wait in line that long Do you think people will be lined up before then?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I waited in line for two hours to meet Duff Goldman last month. I think getting there at 9 and waiting outside for 3.5 hours seems reasonable.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    The Boston event is full, in case anyone was slow with the trigger finger.

Is it possible that there will be no signed books at all at the Boston event?
    Perfect! Now I have days off work/no pay aaaand the event is full. And my wife's and mine weekend getaway is ruined.

Eh...go somewhere else. If you were going to put a lot of effort into it, it comes down to a long wait to see a speech that will be posted to Youtube and not even getting a signed book.

If you were close to Boston, that would be one thing...but for weekend getaways, you could do a lot better than this event, anyway.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 158 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 152 ... LastLast