Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 158 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 3936

Thread: Book Signings and Appearances-Tips and experiences

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

This might be one of the few times I'm not on the side of collectors. It must be somehow uncomfortable for King to sign a book that probably didn't bring him satisfactions, and a collector that shows up with that book puts him in a position to choose saying no and be labeled as an asshole, or just close eyes and sign it anyway.

If King could go back in time (Jake Epping's way? ) do you think he'd have allowed the publication of Rage. I think not.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

That's just bullshit and a copout. King wrote the book and made money off it. I understand it's his perogative to no longer have it published, but he certainly hasn't offered to buy them back. I also don't see he rescinding the scene in IT where
    Spoiler:
    the boys have sex one after the other with the girl
    . That scene upset a lot of people (not me).
    At one time King personally hated "Roadwork" and said it was poorly written at a difficult time in his life. Later he changed his mind and thought it was a good book. King said he can't even remember writing many of his books-but I am sure his accountants make sure he gets the residuals when the books sell on reprint.
    The easiest and most low key to handle the situation was to simply sign the book and move on. Don't say anything-in person, and certainly not on his website.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't always think that making money is something that prevents regret from doing something.

But I agree that King might have proven his point if he purchased all the copies that become available.

And now that I think about it....The Bachman Books has Rage inside. :hmm

My mistake.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

From Eleanor Tipton:
    If you didn't get a program from the festival, then you can download the PDF on the website http://www.fallforthebook.org/events/calendar.php
    go to the main page and click on the "Schedule" bar (top left). There's a link to download a PDF of the program at the very top of the page.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I responded to her email:
    "How can one pay for and receive the actual printed copies from the event? It seems a waste to recycle them if people are willing to pay for them."

Direct link to PDF http://www.fallforthebook.org/2011-F...nt-program.pdf

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I enjoyed reading all the updates and seeing all the photos. Thanks for posting, everyone.

Jerome, please let me know what you hear back from Ms. Tipton. Thanks.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Her response:
    "Hi Jerome,

They weren't for sale, just a free schedule that we hand out at the festival. We are all out of them, though. "

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe they should print more and sell them as a fundraiser.

Anyway, thanks for trying.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    I don't always think that making money is something that prevents regret from doing something.

But I agree that King might have proven his point if he purchased all the copies that become available.

And now that I think about it....The Bachman Books has Rage inside. :hmm

My mistake.
    Only the first edition does....later printings have had it removed, so Rage isn;t publlicly available anymore.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

It just so happens that I have Eleanor Tipton's personal copy. There were none available at the Social, so she gave me her copy.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Did you check to see if she had all the authors sign it inside over the course of the week? That would have made a hell of a keepsake.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Did you check to see if she had all the authors sign it inside over the course of the week? That would have made a hell of a keepsake.
    No signatures. A couple of small notes made by Tipton, but alas no signatures.

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Yeah!

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    The easiest and most low key to handle the situation was to simply sign the book and move on. Don't say anything-in person, and certainly not on his website.
    Yeah but if he is that "anti Rage" why also add in "(Bachman)" after his signature which seems to me claims even more responsibility for writing it. In other words, he didnt just simply sign it he also made it clear that he and Bachman are one and the same. Am I off on my thinking here?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Yeah but if he is that "anti Rage" why also add in "(Bachman)" after his signature which seems to me claims even more responsibility for writing it. In other words, he didnt just simply sign it he also made it clear that he and Bachman are one and the same. Am I off on my thinking here?
    Not in my opinion.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I believe this is the full 57 minutes:
    http://vimeo.com/29786512

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

I want Savannah tickets so bad I can't stand it.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't think this has been posted yet...from Ms.Mod at the SK forum:

"Stephen will be appearing at the JFK Library, Boston, MA, to do a reading and on-stage conversation from 1:30-2:30 PM.
    All forums are free and open to the public. To make a reservation, call 617-514-1643 or go online at www.jfklibrary.org. Seating is on a first come, first served basis. Once the main hall is full, seating is in an overflow theater where the forum is streamed live. Doors to the main hall open one hour before the program begins.
    For more information, visit their site at http://www.jfklibrary.org/Events-and-Awards/Forums.aspx"

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

No mention of any signing or even books for sale. Of course, it's early yet.

John

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Any signings from now, will only be for 11/22/63. He will not sign anything else.

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    Am I dumb for never putting two and two together and figuring that the Boston appearance will probably be at the JFK library?
    I am so SMRT!!!

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

The Boston event is not a signing, they will be selling signed books (250 I believe) Just registered for 6 people to go...hmmmm, who else can I get to sign up for this?!?!?

Gonna have to head to Boston at like 9am to get a good spot in line! HELLS YA!!!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    Gonna have to head to Boston at like 9am to get a good spot in line! HELLS YA!!!!
    Oh no, is it another one of those? I don't think I'll be doing that again.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I'm giving a lot of thought to going to the Dallas event on Nov. 10. But it is not a signing. You get a signed copy of 11/22/63 if you buy one of the higher level tickets. $250 gets you into a VIP reception, preferred seating at the program, valet parking and a signed book. $125 gets you preferred seating and a signed book. $40 just gets you into the program.

I'll probably kick myself if I don't go but, honestly, the agenda doesn't get me too excited. It is in the Majestic Theater in Dallas. It is a neat old theater. I saw Jethro Tull perform there about five years ago. Reasonably small and intimate. Should be a good venue for a King talk. I have until Oct. 5 to decide as that is when tickets go on sale. Anyone else going to this one?

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    The Boston event is not a signing, they will be selling signed books (250 I believe) Just registered for 6 people to go...hmmmm, who else can I get to sign up for this?!?!?

You'll be behind me. I don't have anything else to do that day. However, I should point out hat although you could reserve ten tickets, the prior page limited reservations to two per person.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 158 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast