Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 158 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Signings and Appearances-Tips and experiences

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I would recommend checking back at the event site closer to the event. They may clarify their policy between now and then. Tabitha King's most recent work is Candles Burning, coauthored with Michael McDowell.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Hmmm...I hate to break etiquette. Wonder if I should just buy what I can there

This is so exciting, we should probably move the discussion to the thread for it here though.
    I think both threads can peacefully coexist.
    The Oracle is the official notice. People that aren't going will soon be dispassionate about it.
    Collectors discussing what book to have signed, the experience etc, will last for quite some time, even after the event.
    That makes good sense Jerome--I just meant the discussion itself. This thread is a dt.com mainstay.

But perhaps a thread in here on "Book Signing Suggestions" would be a nice place for the talk.

I'll do that Bev and thanks for the advice. I've decided I will wait to buy Duma Key until I am there regardless and I wouldn't mind having Tabitha's book either. I understand she is actually quite good.

I'm going hog wild.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Default So you're going to a book signing. Tips and discussion

I'm going to move posts from the "Intriguing Stephen King and Dark Tower Auctions" thread in here so that one can remain for its subject.

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm excited that you guys will see King AND get to partake in a personal signing!!!! Seeing King (for me) was a once in a lifetime oppurtunity and the fact that they sold pre-signed books was icing on the cake.

Have fun and good luck choosing a book! I had two with me (just in case). My 2nd Edition Gunslinger and my First Edition Danse Macabre. I'm not sure you see a lot of the latter signed. It would have been awesome!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Now you guys have gotten me all flustered about whether or not he will sign ANY book. I have been to three events:

The first was The Wavedancer Benefit (2-2-02), where I made an extra donation to qualify to get 2 books signed. Books were at the benefit (you could not bring your own), so I ended up with Black House and Dreamcatcher. The cool thing was, as far as I know, the true title to DT V was not generally known at that time. Rumor at the time was "The Crawling Shadow," but King talked to me as he signed my book and he told me the actual title was "Wolves of the Calla." I remember almost pissing my pants 'cause not only did I have 2 signed books but I also had what I thought was "inside information." I've never checked, but the Wolves title probably was newly released but I sure didn't know it at the time and finding out also made the event that much more special to me.

The second event was the 92nd Street Y interview with Charlie Rose here in NY the day before DT VII got released. I had a 4th row ticket (sweet!) and was one of the people who got to ask a question from the audience (also sweet). Here, there were presigned DT VII books after the show that we had to stand in line for and pay cover price. One book per person, and as I went with my oldest son, we each scored a book.

The third event was the Harry Carrie & Garp reading at Radio City Music Hall (I went with Karen <Nerak> and Kenny <Dolan>) and we sat right behind Bev! I remember tapping Bev on the shoulder and asking him if he was indeed Bev and Bev, you looked at me like "how the hell does this guy know who I am?" There were no signed books at this reading (although if you bought a very upscale ticket package, you got to choose from a signed Harry Potter VI or a Tom Gordon (I think)).

I will just have to keep an eye on the site to see if they add a restriction for this upcoming signing.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Man, thats amazing! I'd have loved to have gone to the Harry, Carrie and Garp! I've read the transcripts a million times!!

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

And there were both events at the Pleasantville movie theater (the name of which escapes me), where there were pre-signed books available for purchase, or included in the ticket price.

But, there was also that DT VII signing a couple years ago (in NYC, right?), where you could bring books to get him and Whelan to sign, and it was not just DT VII.

Because of the small size of that theater, I really bet you will be able to bring a book. He signed some absurd number at the Harvard thing, and judging by the seating chart, this one is much smaller.

By the time of the event they'll have confirmed it all.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I love the idea of a small event. This is the first thing like this I have ever been too so its going to be overwhelming enough as it is.

And that'll be after a full day of museums and monuments.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I remember tapping Bev on the shoulder and asking him if he was indeed Bev and Bev, you looked at me like "how the hell does this guy know who I am?"

My wife and daughter were even more astonished! How the hell did someone recognize Bev at Radio City Music Hall thousands of miles from home!

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Bev is FAMOUS!!!

Ok, who wants to take me with them?!?!?!?

David???

I WANNA GOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

WAHHHHHHH
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Awww...I wish you could go too Karen

Bev, are you actually going?

Possibly.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That would be great, I'm trying to set up coffee after if you are interested.

Thanks -- I'll stay in touch about this as my plans evolve.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Count me in!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I have to say that I am green with envy.
    I should have found an excuse to go.
    Of course if I went, there would be no coffee after the event, there would be pints of ale!

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

-That works for me as well.

I really wish you could be there too Jerome, it would have been cool as hell to meet up.

We're still doing Vegas too though

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Vegas!!!

Always wanted to go to Vegas. I think the SKEMERS are going to Vegas for this year's annual Conference - around Halloween time I think!

Don't see it in the cards for me though - as I will have three in college starting in August!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

We were going to have a little get together out there--its mostly in the talking about stage right now.

I get the feeling me and Jerome will be there regardless though.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    Count me in!

Count me in too!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

WooHoo!!

This is going to be great. Its going to be so much more than just the reading (and signing).

Really looking forward to it--can't wait to meet everyone.

I'm going to research some shirts for us to wear (for whoever wants to of course). I'm thinking just the logo and the web addy on the back--or do you guys think it would be better on the breast?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Pole shirt with emblem on the breast.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That is a little more professional huh? Makes it look less like a baseball team or something.

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    Count me in!

Count me in too!

Me too!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Boys, as we say here (and Wireman would say it this way (Wireman from Duma Key), "brindo desde aquí con todos" (I'll taste from here with you all).

Wanted list:
    Ubris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 158 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast