Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 158 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Signings and Appearances-Tips and experiences

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I considered bidding on it and then decided to blow all my money to travel and see King in DC

This is going to be so very cool--someone is going to have to teach me "book signing" etiquette.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I considered bidding on it and then decided to blow all my money to travel and see King in DC

This is going to be so very cool--someone is going to have to teach me "book signing" etiquette.

1. Get in line - no pushing, yelling or screaming
    2. Remember to bring a book to be signed!
    3. Do not act like an idiot! Do not drool or stutter! Do not hyperventilate!
    4. Speak up - it may be your only chance to talk to the Master!
    5. Do not brag about how much $$ you're going to make on ebay!
    6. If no pics allowed - bring camera anyway - at least camera phone!
    7. If you can get a pic of King singing your book that'd be great - even better if you are in the pic - but don't plan on it!
    8. Do not ask where do you get your ideas?
    9. Keep your ticket stub - provinenance if ever needed!
    10. Enjoy the moment - and it will be a moment! :-)
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Are you serious Matt! Then we will have a big party in DC!
    BIG question is....what book do you get signed? TOUGH choice here

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post

1. Get in line - no pushing, yelling or screaming
    2. Remember to bring a book to be signed!
    3. Do not act like an idiot! Do not drool or stutter! Do not hyperventilate!
    4. Speak up - it may be your only chance to talk to the Master!
    5. Do not brag about how much $$ you're going to make on ebay!
    6. If no pics allowed - bring camera anyway - at least camera phone!
    7. If you can get a pic of King singing your book that'd be great - even better if you are in the pic - but don't plan on it!
    8. Do not ask where do you get your ideas?
    9. Keep your ticket stub - provinenance if ever needed!
    10. Enjoy the moment - and it will be a moment! :-)
    Y'know? That really helped. I was wondering about bringing a book. Not to mention, he'll sign my wife's too!! Which to bring, which to bring...

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post

Are you serious Matt! Then we will have a big party in DC!
    BIG question is....what book do you get signed? TOUGH choice here
    Seriously man, that is going to haunt my waking moments between now and then. Not only that, but the possibility of meeting you would be amazing.

If I can get Duma Key before then, that will be one of them I think. The other may have to be that UK version of the Stand.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I am thinking about getting my Dark Tower VII Artist Edition signed and maybe my First Edition Carrie!

If I had a First Edition Gunslinger that would be the one. I already have my The Stand signed (Personalized). I am also considering my First Edition IT.
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh man, I have an AE of DTVII that one would be great to have a sig on.

<--harsh pondering

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Mannnnnnnnn. Tough tough choice for me. Do I go with something that I know will really increase the value, like a Carrie or Salem's Lot first (even though I have a signed copy of both) or something that I want signed and do not have.

I might consider getting my UK ARC of Song of Susannah done and then I'd have both UK VI and VII ARCs signed (way cool!) Or maybe, if I acquire a 1st edition UK Salem's Lot, then I would have a matching pair. Maybe a 1st edition Shining? The possibilities are endless and confuzzeling

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I gotta go get some air. I'm hyperventilating here

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I went down to the rest stop and hugged myself for a bit.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    I am thinking about getting my Dark Tower VII Artist Edition signed and maybe my First Edition Carrie!

If I had a First Edition Gunslinger that would be the one. I already have my The Stand signed (Personalized). I am also considering my First Edition IT.

April 4th

I can't go. I have waited sooooo loooong to get my First Edition Gunslinger signed. I'm away that week with my team.

Any spouse want to go???? I'll pay the ticket

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I would take it for you Mulleins but I don't have any signatures at all so I have to be selfish on my own books.

Maybe we can find someone to cart it for you though.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

In case you find two, I'm paying for the other ticket as well!!!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Dang, I'd take my whole family if we were closer

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Is it clear yet that you can take a specific title?

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmmm...I am not sure about that. I'll have to go back out and look at the website again.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

This is all they say:

Stephen King, Tabitha King, and Owen King read from their work. A reception and book signing will follow.

Please note that the authors will be able to only sign one book per audience member.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep, I am going to guess that it means you can bring anything.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

That makes the most sense...though I imagine there will be Tabitha and Owen's books available for purchase...I would also assume they'll have Duma Key there for purchase as well, for anyone who doesn't bring their own book.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

See, I'll get him to sign two...then cry because I bought Duma Key and didn't put it up there.

<---goes for the sympathy sig

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    That makes the most sense...though I imagine there will be Tabitha and Owen's books available for purchase...I would also assume they'll have Duma Key there for purchase as well, for anyone who doesn't bring their own book.
    The idea of the signing is that you buy their latest releases and they will sign them. Why else would they be there.

In reality they will sign any book you put in front of them.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmmm...I hate to break etiquette. Wonder if I should just buy what I can there

This is so exciting, we should probably move the discussion to the thread for it here though.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    The idea of the signing is that you buy their latest releases and they will sign them. Why else would they be there.

In reality they will sign any book you put in front of them.
    Yeah, thanks for the update on how signings work. However, in many recent Stephen King signings, including the Best Short Stories signing, he did NOT sign anything "you put in front of them." In fact, it was specifically noted that he would only sign the Short Story book.

Because they haven't said the signing in this case will be limited to Duma Key I would assume he will sign books the audience brings.

Owen King doesn't really have a "latest" release. His book came out in paperback two years ago, so it's not like he's touring to promote anything...I don't know about Tabitha.

This is so exciting, we should probably move the discussion to the thread for it here though.
    There's no etiqueete to worry about...if they restrict the signing to only a book available for sale, they'll certainly tell you, and then sell you whatever they have there...bring the book you want him to sign and worry about it later (I brought a Carrie to the Harvard signing - but it remained in my coat pocket!)

Besides, if they change the rules they'll update the website info anyway.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Sounds like good advice, thank you.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think both threads can peacefully coexist.
    The Oracle is the official notice. People that aren't going will soon be dispassionate about it.
    Collectors discussing what book to have signed, the experience etc, will last for quite some time, even after the event.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 158 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast