Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 158 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Signings and Appearances-Tips and experiences

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's awesome Matt! Stephen King and Richard Bachman signatures!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post

i wish i had realized you were going wiz. i would have asked ya if i could send you my copy of the drum (with "code named mousetrap" ) to get signed for me.
    it's my first choice for getting a signature out of everything i own.
    bob? hutch? etc.? do you guys own signed copies of this one?
    No, I don't.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

dam i'm jealous.... again...king never comes to texas... waaaah!
    LOL....think about the good things. King might visit Texas some day or go near it....As for me, I can forget about that. There are a lot more chances you get to see King than me
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't really add much, Bob, Spencer and David described the event really well. I made the mistake of getting seperated from the group and getting a seat closer to the front (2 or 3 rows behind Spencer). Wish I had hung back with Matt and David so we could have talked more. I was a bit out of it because of lack of sleep due to the overnight flight.

It was great though to meet Matt and Bob and to see David and Spencer again

I knew Stephen was a great reader but was surprised at how much I enjoyed Owens story and his reading of it, I enjoyed the whole reading a lot. The signing went OK, I had Tabitha sign Candles Burning (which she signed and dated) told her I enjoyed her reading and was looking forward to reading Candles Burning, Owen signed We're all in This Together (crossed out his name and signed under it), told him I read the title story on the way out and enjoyed it a lot, they both responded by thanking me. Unfortunately the guy giving the books to Stephen passed my book a second after the guy who passed in front of me because he had nothing for Tabitha or Owen to sign, so Stephen did not even look up at me.

Well I did get my Gunslinger first signed

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

That cross-through is an oddity that some authors do, though I've never heard of a good explanation for why it's done.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    That cross-through is an oddity that some authors do, though I've never heard of a good explanation for why it's done.
    It's a pretension (not in a bad way)...a writing professor of mine did it, and it was his way of "validating" the book by crossing off the printed version of his name, and handwriting it...in effect replacing the credit with his own handwriting, you know?

Plus, he thought it was literally neater to do it that way than have some random signature floating on the page somewhere.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I will have to post pics of my books when I can. Today is the first day in our new office space and I may have to do all the picture posting from home which is not good, cause I have little if any time at home to devote to this site due to family busy-ness. Because of security, I cannot install camera software on my PC at work and only got it at my old office "cause I conned the IT guy into believing that I had to send photos of the team to Zurich.

Bev! I totally did not get to say hi to you Friday night. I saw you in line well ahead of me at the church but never got close to speak to you.

And Mr. Ink-
    Where were you? I have no idea what you look like and tried to decribe myself a bit. Were you there? What did you get signed? And you Bev? what did you get signed?

Not much more for me to add. It was a great experience, worth the 6 hour drive each way. I feltt pretty good that I got to ask King 2 questions and have him respond, although he was already looking down the line as he answered about the timing of the Little Sisters/Gunslinger book. My son was pretty star struck and only thanked him for writing great books. I was impressed that he was not tongue-tied! And, I was SO SO SO SO glad that Stephen did not read Lardass Hogan again. It is a fabulous story, but I had already heard it twice before (Wavedancer benefit in Feb 2002 and at Harry, Carrie & Garp events). His choice of passage from Duma Key was outstanding and it was just too cool to hear his voice inflections as he was "doing" Wireman.

Thanks muchachos!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I took a French copy of Pearl (Chaleurs) for Tabby, a copy of Owen's chapbook from One Story and my copy of Dark Dreamers for Steve. That's my "autograph book" and I've always meant to get him to sign his picture but I've never remembered to take it along with me until now. I have about half of the featured personalities' signatures.

John F. Kennedy Mr. Ink is on a distinguished road Mr. Ink's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    I will have to post pics of my books when I can. Today is the first day in our new office space and I may have to do all the picture posting from home which is not good, cause I have little if any time at home to devote to this site due to family busy-ness. Because of security, I cannot install camera software on my PC at work and only got it at my old office "cause I conned the IT guy into believing that I had to send photos of the team to Zurich.

Bev! I totally did not get to say hi to you Friday night. I saw you in line well ahead of me at the church but never got close to speak to you.

And Mr. Ink-
    Where were you? I have no idea what you look like and tried to decribe myself a bit. Were you there? What did you get signed? And you Bev? what did you get signed?

Not much more for me to add. It was a great experience, worth the 6 hour drive each way. I feltt pretty good that I got to ask King 2 questions and have him respond, although he was already looking down the line as he answered about the timing of the Little Sisters/Gunslinger book. My son was pretty star struck and only thanked him for writing great books. I was impressed that he was not tongue-tied! And, I was SO SO SO SO glad that Stephen did not read Lardass Hogan again. It is a fabulous story, but I had already heard it twice before (Wavedancer benefit in Feb 2002 and at Harry, Carrie & Garp events). His choice of passage from Duma Key was outstanding and it was just too cool to hear his voice inflections as he was "doing" Wireman.

Thanks muchachos!
    Hi Wiz,
    I did see you in line before the event as you and your son were on the steps about to enter the church and I thought I'd try to catch you during the reception, but you were gone by the time the reception began. (I was towards the front of the signing line, bottom of the steps, while you were almost first!) I was able to get my Gunslinger and AE DT5 signed so I was happy. Maybe at the next signing...

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

He was really trying to help my wife and I out by getting through quick.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

For anyone who is interested, in Todays Washigton Post there is write up about "The 3 Kings" event in DC. It is more about their visiting the library of congress in the mornig but it mentions the reading towards the end. I thought it was an interesting little article. No tot mention its neat to read about an even you attended.
    I believeit was in the Style section of the paper

Got to meet Matt and Wiz and his son. I was sitting right in frontof them at the reading. I was about 10th or so in line for the signing, they were quicker on the draw to get in line !!! but i got my Carrie and Gunslinger 1sts signed !

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That was you! It was so hard to match folks up with their signon's.

Great to meet you man, we did go out very quick.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Great to hear from you Wiz, OTB, and Rusty.

Congrats to all of you who got your Gunslinger 1st's signed.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by namelessnpoor View Post
    For anyone who is interested, in Todays Washigton Post there is write up about "The 3 Kings" event in DC. It is more about their visiting the library of congress in the mornig but it mentions the reading towards the end. I thought it was an interesting little article. No tot mention its neat to read about an even you attended.
    I believeit was in the Style section of the paper

Got to meet Matt and Wiz and his son. I was sitting right in frontof them at the reading. I was about 10th or so in line for the signing, they were quicker on the draw to get in line !!! but i got my Carrie and Gunslinger 1sts signed !

That was you Way cool.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Gunslinger Apprentice idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm a little late with my report from the reading. I just got back from DC this afternoon.

My best friend L. went with me to the reading. The only person I recognized from here was Wiz--across the aisle and a row behind us.

Tabby was pretty funny. Her stuff sounded very first draft...pages and pages of setting and room description and very little dialogue or actual story. I thought Owen's story was great. Hearing and seeing King in person was a lifelong dream come true for me.

Stephen told me a joke while he signed my book. He said, "So Charlie Manson's in Frisco prison, right?" (I thought he was asking me a question and was so dumbstruck all I could do was smile and nod.) "He's out in the yard for his hour of exercise and he calls a guard over and says, 'Is it hot out here or am I just crazy?'"

Ba dum bump.

I couldn't believe Stephen King was actually talking to me so I just stood there like an idiot and then laughed. Then he handed me my book and I said thanks. L. was ahead of me and he had been complaining to her about signing with a Sharpie--how it was scratchy and the ink didn't dry right away--and he held the cover of my Gunslinger open while he told the joke. Maybe he was waiting for the ink to dry. I don't know and I don't care. Stephen King told me a joke. We had a moment.

My only regret is that I have no photos from the event. But I do have 2 ticket stubs, a program, 4 signed books, and I got to share the experience of a lifetime with my oldest friend. No complaints here.

(BTW, on Sunday I paid L. back for going to the reading and getting a book signed for me. I got up at 600A and held her stuff and stood in the freezing rain and cheered for her while she ran the 10-mile Cherry Blossom Race. I think we're even.)

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Great story!

I was sitting next to Wiz with my wife in the back, wish we would have had the chance to chat a bit.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

still green with envy
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by idlewarnings View Post

Stephen told me a joke while he signed my book. He said, "So Charlie Manson's in Frisco prison, right?" "He's out in the yard for his hour of exercise and he calls a guard over and says, 'Is it hot out here or am I just crazy?'"

My only regret is that I have no photos from the event.
    even.)
    That joke it hilarious! Now is the fist time that I heard it. In a way, I'm glad he didn't tell it to me because I would have started laughing histarically and probably escourted from the building.

That's probably my only regret too - no pictures. I would have liked a photo or two to remember it by for when I'm 95 years old with a heart condition.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I was kicking myself for not calling everyone together for a group one on the stairs.

I didn't get one pic with David or anything.

But I was pissed because the museum broke my camera, that probably had something to do with it.

Country
    Country Flag

Tell me about it! I was right next to you and the thought never even crossed my mind to take a pic with you. I wish I would of asked SK if he would mind if I took a pic of him too. I'm sure he wouldn't have minded if I had asked.

Where's a time machine when you need one?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Great story, idle! And good for you for supporting your friend bright and early the next morning too.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Great story, idle! And good for you for supporting your friend bright and early the next morning too.
    Yes, but you have to know that Patrick is a runner, so he would expect that!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Yes, but you have to know that Patrick is a runner, so he would expect that!
    Nah, nobody gets up early for me.

You're the 5K King (or the 5K Wiz), so you probably have a whole cheering section.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Appearances & Signings

Hello.

I thought it'd be a good idea to post appearances & signings of different authors here. Mods please feel free to move this post.

Here's the schedule for Berni Wrightson:

Fangoria -- April 25 - 27 (confirmed)
    Los Angeles Convention Center
    Los Angeles, California

Motor City Comic-Con -- May 16-18 (confirmed)
    Rock Financial Showplace
    Novi, Michigan

Big Apple Con -- Jun 7-8 (tentative)
    Penn Plaza Pavilion
    New York City, New York

Convergence -- July 3-6 (confirmed)
    Sheraton Bloomington Hotel
    Minneapolis, Minnesota

WonderFest -- July 19-20 (confirmed)
    Executive West Hotel
    Louisville, Kentucky

Comic-Con International -- July 23-27 (confirmed)
    San Diego Convention Center
    San Diego, California

Dragon*Con -- August 29 - September 1 (now confirmed!)
    Hyatt Regency Atlanta
    Atlanta, Georgia

Baltimore Comic-Con -- September 27-28 (confirmed)
    Baltimore Convention Center
    Baltimore, Maryland

Mid-Ohio Con -- October 4-5 (tentative)
    Greater Columbus Convention Center
    Columbus, Ohio

Best!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I may be able to attend the one in Columbus, Ohio if it does happen. It's only about an hour and a half drive for me!

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 158 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast