Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 158 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Signings and Appearances-Tips and experiences

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

<-----Sitting here, green with envy, and now impatiantly tapping toes, waiting to hear about the event.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

they are all still sleeping....WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe they're all still waiting in line to get their books signed.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I posted in The Three Kings thread in the news section! Feel free to move it here if this is where it belongs!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Feel free to copy your post in here too, Bob, if you feel like it. With a huge event like this, we don't mind the duplication. However it might be easier to put all the stories in one place in that thread...
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll leve it there and hopefully others will follow suit! And again I had a great time and as an added bonus got to spend some quality time with my 24 yr old daughter Erin - haven't done that in a long time as she is a school teacher and lives a few hours away!

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I commented on your evening in the other thread, but I'm glad you got some family time in as well.

Now how long are you going to make us wait before you post pictures of your newly signed books in the Pride & Joy thread?

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

heres my report on the reading. It was the first time i had been to one and it was not bad at all. Tabitha and Owen are both quite funny, she read parts from a brand new book she is still working on called The Potters Rib Owen read from a short stort recently published in a magazine (i think), can't quite remember the name so i won't try and butcher it. King read from Duma key he read the story of Wireman telling Edgar about his wife and kid and how he tried to kill himself.
    I enjoyed myself, it was a nice evening. I managed to get 2 copies of Owens book, they had them for sale there, some of them already signed, i got Candles Burning and an ARC copy of Caretakers signed by Tabitha and for Stephen my First editions of Carrie and The Gunslinger are now signed !!!!
    Overall it was not a bad evening at all, not sure howmany pictures will be posted as, there were no pictures aloowed during the reading or reception. There were photographers there but not sure what or who they were taking pictures for.
    Maybe someone else was able to sneak a few pics !!
    If nothig else i got see him in personand have my book signed, not sure i will ever get the chance to do that again. !!! Plus i got to meet a few of the people from here !

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I commented on your evening in the other thread, but I'm glad you got some family time in as well.

Now how long are you going to make us wait before you post pictures of your newly signed books in the Pride & Joy thread?
    I'll try to get pics up by tomorrow!

Spoiler:

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I also posted my report in the Three Kings thread.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Rusty and Rick, for telling us about your experiences.

We would love to see pics of your signed books in the Pride & Joy thread.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

This has to be VERY short...sorry, more later.

Six hour drive but arrived 90 minytes ahead of event. Got in line and saw Bob right away and Dave (oy-the-brave), Spencer was there and our very own Matt! My son & I sat with Matt and his wife during the reading. We were next to last row so first ones out after the reading. My son was # 2 and I #3 in line for the signing. 450 people there, so line was long. Matt and his wife were #4 and 5 in line.

I got my UK ARCs of Wolves and SoS signed so now I have a UK set of V-VII ARCs signed. Was not able to get Tabitha to sign the SoS even though it was dedicated to her.

King told me he loved Whelan's artwork for the upcoming Little Sisters/Gunslinger but said only that the book was "close."

Will give more details later. Drove straight back home arrived at 3:30am.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Dave, I was looking for you guys and never did look at the back of the church! I am glad to hear that Matt and Dora were right behind you guys and got signed books, knowing that they had to be at Union Stations befoer 10:30pm! Awesome! I think we were about 100 or more people back in line for the signing!

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Happy to hear from you, Wiz! Nice job getting front of the line. Looking forward to hearing from Matt and O-T-B/Dave.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

I am green with envy!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    This has to be VERY short...sorry, more later.

I got my UK ARCs of Wolves and SoS signed so now I have a UK set of V-VII ARCs signed.
    Congratulations, David. That's the only set I know of that's signed!

John

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm posting everywhere This was the coolest thing I have ever done in my life.

After doing the monuments and museums all day (lugging books cause I had to bring them), my wife and I were pretty beat. We showed up around 6PM when only 20 or so people were there. It was very cool hanging out and talking with everyone in our little crowed there.

The deal with the train was bad because we were worried there simply wouldn't be time. I was glad it worked out the way it did even though I had to leave the church quick and sit in the back.

These are the books I got signed--I will post pics later.

My AE of DTVII--Kings sigs is across from Whelan's, my pride and joy..the crown jewel of my collection--I wish I could sleep with it book. Not sure what the kids will do with it so they might as well bury it with me.

Blaze is signed and I'm sending that back to Tippy4 (we worked out a little thing). It was snug in bubble wrap in my backback all day, lightest book I took.

Two copies of Candles Burning in hardback I was able to find. One is Dora's (she loved Tabby), the other I am sending to Jerome.

I was able to buy two copies of "We're all in this together" that were already signed at the church during the reading. Very cool. One of those is going on the giveaway list.

Amazing time--more to come.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I'm posting everywhere This was the coolest thing I have ever done in my life.
    You said it!

When Mr. King signed my copy of The Stand, he crossed out his name and then signed above where he crossed out. Any idea why he did that? It left me a little confused.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

He does that alot on books he signs.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Glad you and Dora had a wonderful time, Matt!

Country
    Country Flag

Any idea as to why he does it? My mom asked him why he did that and he replied by saying something like, "that's old" or "it's old". Out of the people I was with, he didn't do that on anyone else's.

I was too stunned being right in front of him to ask him why.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Personally, I have no idea as to why he does it.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

Man, I wished I would have asked! The moment just went by to quick!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I did notice that Owen did the same thing in his books. David told me it was very common for SK to do it as well.

His name wasn't on the page he signed for me in DTVII and he signed Blaze "Stephen King (aka Richard Bachman)"

Just like that

Tabby was the only one that dated I think
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

dam i'm jealous.... again...king never comes to texas... waaaah!
    guess one of these days... when i actually find time... i need to schedule a vacation around one of these rare signings.

i wish i had realized you were going wiz. i would have asked ya if i could send you my copy of the drum (with "code named mousetrap" ) to get signed for me.
    it's my first choice for getting a signature out of everything i own.
    bob? hutch? etc.? do you guys own signed copies of this one?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 158 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast