Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 158 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Signings and Appearances-Tips and experiences

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

A word to the wise -- weather for D.C. tomorrow looks pretty grim, so protect your little pretties in plastic against the anticipated rain.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Bev, Are you taking anything to get signed?

John

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I'm not sure. I was trying to find my One Story chapbook with Owen King's story, but I haven't been able to lay my hands on it. Maybe my copy of Dark Dreamers that I always take to NECON and other conventions, sort of like my autograph book. I have signatures from at least half of the people in the book and I never think to take it with me when I see him. I'm trying to travel light.

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

karen,could you make that 2? id really appreciate it if youre not going to be overloaded with offers.lmk,thx a milionl,barry.

Gunslinger Apprentice Clacke will become famous soon enough Clacke's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

May I just wish all of you going tomorrow best wishes and I hope you all have a wonderful time. Whichever books you all finally decide on to bring, I hope you manage to get them all signed. And don't forget to bring back some photos for the rest of us to feel jealous over.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Clacke View Post
    And don't forget to bring back some photos for the rest of us to feel jealous over.
    I'd also like to wish everyone who is going a safe and happy trip. I would love to see photos of the event too.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quite envious of all going.....
    I can't believe I am missing this one....
    When going to signings out of town, i usually carry something smaller lighter.
    I always think 1st edition Carrie is great to have signed....
    I also like rare little items like "Contraband" are great for signings or if think might have opportunity to meet or bump into.
    For signings locally, I would consider bringing the S/L 999 since just his and Joyce Carol Oates is missing from it.
    I also would like to get a Blaze signed....... That is the one of his recents books I do not own signed.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Barry, I shall have to let you know. I will get back to you! tay?
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

John F. Kennedy Mr. Ink is on a distinguished road Mr. Ink's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Mr. Ink-

A formal wecome to the site. I still have the Whelan remarque I bought from you. It is one of my favorites. Hope that we can spot each other at the event to say hi. I will be with my 15-year-old son. Look for the kid with dark brown bangs down to his eyes, poor posture and texting madly away on his cell phone. If he is standing next to a 6' medium build dude with mostly grey (fairly short) hair, that would be me!
    Thanks Wiz! Ah yes the remarque, I do miss it but am glad to know it's in good hands. Yes I will look for you and your son tomorrow. It will be a cold and possibly rainy night so dress accordingly...

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Have a wonderful time at the Three Kings event, friends, as I'm sure you will. I hope you all get a chance to meet each other before or after. Wish I could join you.

"...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    Joe Hill, granite St comic-com May 18th http://www.granitecon.com/
    Karen, are you going?

Bring me back a signed copy of Locke & Key?

Hell yeah I am going! LOL

You got it dude! First one to ask...guess I can do that for you!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

youre #1 girl!!!

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Finally decided on bringing my Gunslinger and Carrie 1st editions, bringing along a coupe extras, just in case. Not going to try and force anything but just want to be prepared if the opportunity arises.

Managed to get an ARC of Caretakers, also ordered a 1st edition caretakers off of ABE almost 2 weeks ago, and got no response at all from the seller and never got the book, so i canceled it. Picked up a copy of Candles Burning todat though at the local Barnes and Noble, in the bargain bin for $7, its 4th printing but better than nothing.

As for Owen i have nothing to get signed, only thing i can think of is getting him to sign one his Dads books. The one that is deidcated to him by his dad.
    I know i have seen this dedication but can't remember which book it is.

So 2 questions, which book is it that is dedicated to Owen ? and is this is a good or bad idea? I don't want to insult him or have bad book reading event etiquette. I have never attended such an event. I just couldn't get a hold of a copy of his book, no one had any and it would take tolong to order one in.
    thanks

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by namelessnpoor View Post

As for Owen i have nothing to get signed, only thing i can think of is getting him to sign one his Dads books. The one that is deidcated to him by his dad.
    The Dead Zone is dedicated to Owen.
    The Shining to Joe Hill
    Salem's Lot to Naomi Racheal

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post

The Shining to Joe Hill
    Do you think it is wrong to have him sign that? insulting? bad etiquette?

Anybody whos going tonight have an extra Owen book (2 preferrably) they would want to sell me when they get there?

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Its probably bad etiquette. But everyone knows that the children of famous people mainly ride on their parents coat-tails.

If you cannot get one of Owen's books, get him to sign the poem, "For Owen" in "Skeleton Crew". At least his name is there and there is lots of space for him to write something.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Its probably bad etiquette. But everyone knows that the children of famous people mainly ride on their parents coat-tails.

If you cannot get one of Owen's books, get him to sign the poem, "For Owen" in "Skeleton Crew". At least his name is there and there is lots of space for him to write something.
    Good Idea ! hadn't thought about that, hadn't actually remembered that poem ! thanks !

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Default signing book dedicated to

The Shining to Joe Hill

Anybody whos going tonight have an extra Owen book (2 preferrably) they would want to sell me when they get there?
    FYI: I DO NOT KNOW OF PROPER ETIQUETTE HOWEVER I SAW JOE HILL REFUSE TO SIGN A BOOK DAD DEICATED TO HIM A COUPLE WEEKS AGO AT Fort Myers Reading Festival
    Last edited by EXPLORER; 04-04-2008 at 09:47 AM. Reason: selling err

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post

The Shining to Joe Hill

FYI: I DO NOT KNOW OF PROPER ETIQUETTE HOWEVER I SAW JOE HILL REFUSE TO SIGN A BOOK DAD DEICATED TO HIM A COUPLE WEEKS AGO AT Fort Myers Reading Festival
    I will keep that in mind, i kind of thought it seemed a bit wrong but wanted some opinions on it.
    thanks

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Have a wonderful time at the Three Kings event, friends, as I'm sure you will. I hope you all get a chance to meet each other before or after. Wish I could join you.

I second that! Please post pics, signatures, etcetera upon your return!
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post

The Shining to Joe Hill

Maybe the best way around that issue would be if you ask both father and son sign the book together at the same event - then I'd think the son would be more likely to go along. Thing is, you'd have to want a signed Dead Zone more than one of the other two books.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Well....I believe the event is in progress right now.

Lucky bastards!

I want reports!

I want pictures!

Go on....it is ok to gloat!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

It's just after 2am on the east coast and there's been no report. King must have invited them all back to his hotel suite and they're still partying.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

It's just after 2am on the east coast and there's been no report. King must have invited them all back to his hotel suite and they're still partying.
    He's signing their entire collections also.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

And how did all you fortunate fellowship fare at the foray?
    Find favour frequenting the fine festivities?
    Tell the taless!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 158 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast