Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 108 of 158 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 106 107 108 109 110 118 ... LastLast
Results 2,676 to 2,700 of 3936

Thread: Book Signings and Appearances-Tips and experiences

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    She also said that he will not be coming to California.
    Well that sucks.
    Guess Ted is not as influential as he had thought
    reality continues to ruin my life

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

LOL
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Ha! Ted, that rascal.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Fuck Ted. I hate the guy, and I want to meet him and punch him in the nose...and watch while he has a "gusher"...

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I see your day of relaxation has been very calming.

FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I am shocked he'd speak so openly like that about TN's boyfriend.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    I see your day of relaxation has been very calming.

Zen punching mode
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I am shocked he's speak so openly like that about TN's boyfriend.
    She should bring something to stem the blood flow... suggest an ice cold hammer...

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Pretty much.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry... what am I missing? Who's Ted?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

TwistedNadines "boyfriend".
    Take a look around the site...

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm with you Brian, so don't feel too bad, lol.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Well. Ted did have a polarizing effect on people..... kind of took a diplomat to appreciate his positive traits.... May his remainders Rock his Bottom

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post
    Well. Ted did have a polarizing effect on people..... kind of took a diplomat to appreciate his positive traits.... May his remainders Rock his Bottom
    He has positive traits?
    Crow Man head over to the Gaiman signing in June and you may get your chance at the nose busting.
    I wont be waiting in the wings to stymie blood flow, tho. Wouldnt want my Gaiman books to be marred.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Dan Brown is doing an Exeter, NH signing on June 14....love him or hate him, his appearances are pretty rare (although signed books are nothing special price-wise).

In 2004, he inscribed any book you put in front of him...I got him to give some neat inscriptions. Not sure if it will be the same this time, or more "name only."

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Dan Brown is doing an Exeter, NH signing on June 14....love him or hate him, his appearances are pretty rare (although signed books are nothing special price-wise).

In 2004, he inscribed any book you put in front of him...I got him to give some neat inscriptions. Not sure if it will be the same this time, or more "name only."
    I got a copy of Inferno signed from Water Street Books last week. Name only, but it may be different in person

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

So I went to the Dan Brown signing abt 10 days ago - 500 people! He signed/inscribed basically however you wanted.

I have my own blog where I write about stuff like this, so go there for the full version with pix of the booksfull link is HERE.

But the short version is I had him 'resign' a DaVinci Code that I first had signed 10 years ago....and it was funny because I had him write "Stop screwing around and write!" So when he saw it this time, he kind of laughed and he was like, "So what have you been doing?"

And I said, "I went to Iraq as an embedded journalist...blah blah" and he was literally speechless for about 10 seconds then finally said, "I write fake stuff, he writes real stuff," and I said "yeah, but yours pays better." And we laughed...

So he resigned it "Glad to hear you're keeping up with writing." And redated it with the new date - so it was Dec. 2003, and now June 2013.

I suck though - because I wanted to say "yeah, if you need an Iraq expert call me!" But I'm genetically incapable of sucking up in any situation.

There are a couple pix of the books at the link I posted above, so you can see the two different signatures.

At the signing itself, it was a big crowd, abt. 500 people and to his credit he had a little dialogue with everybody as best he could, and while frazzled was in pretty good humor....I was pleased that I tripped him up a little bit. I will say that the SK signings I've been too were not as enjoyable or personal - but SK also deals with way more people, so it's forgivable of course!

In another "DaVinci Code"-like twist, a 1982 tenant at my mother's house in Somerville, Mass. was a college friend and roommate with Peter Scolari, who co-starred in "Bosom Buddies" with - wait for it - Tom Hanks!

Everything's connected...spooky...haha...

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sounds like you had a good time Rafha neat way to get the book singed.
    Christine

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Great story, Rahfa!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

JUST IN RE: HARTFORD EVENT:

To holders of Stephen King VIP tickets:

We deeply appreciate your commitment to the author whose work we will be celebrating on Thursday, July 18, at 8:00 p.m., when we host "A Conversation with Stephen King" at The Bushnell in Hartford -- and your commitment to The Mark Twain House & Museum, which celebrates an iconic American writer. Here are details:

-- For you and other selected guests, the event will begin at 5:30 p.m. at The Mark Twain House & Museum with the VIP reception in Hal Holbrook Hall. The reception will run until 7:30 p.m. The museum is located at 351 Farmington Avenue in Hartford. Directions are available here.

-- Entry to the reception is by a simple check-in process; no separate ticket will be required.

-- Mr. King will not be signing books at any time during the reception or the Bushnell event, but as a VIP ticket holder, you will receive a signed copy of his latest book, Joyland. We ask that you not bring other books to the event, so there will be plenty of time for everyone to meet this extraordinary author.

-- Photos and video at the reception will be fine.

-- Hors d'oeuvres, a pasta station and desserts will be featured at the reception, along with an open bar including beer, wine and soft drinks.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

My Mood
    Twisted

Glad I sold my tickets. Had a feeling no other books would be signed at this event. If you live in the area the 250 for the M&G and signed Joyland is a great deal but the cost to get there from the west coast is ridiculous
    Should be a fun event, though. Take lots of pics to post David!

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Waiting for explorer to come back with 7 signed books now.
    Christine

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ChristineB View Post
    LOL. I could see that.

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by ChristineB View Post
    LOL No doubt. And Roseannebar will come back with 15

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

LOL Christine!

I have 2 tix of my own and got a member's two tix with the promise I'll deliver one Joyland to him. So, I was set to take my 3 kids to meet King. Now my daughter got an offer from Grandma to fly to Oregon with her to see her Uncle and Aunt, so my wife got promoted to go with me and my other 2 kids. I just had an offer for another ticket...will have to see if either of my two boys wants to bring someone.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I still would bring one or two books. Something light like The Colorado Kid, or whatever you want to bring in your "murse".

+ Reply to Thread
Page 108 of 158 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 106 107 108 109 110 118 ... LastLast