Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 107 of 158 FirstFirst ... 7 57 97 105 106 107 108 109 117 157 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,675 of 3936

Thread: Book Signings and Appearances-Tips and experiences

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Lol. Have fun

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm planning on it mate !!!!
    We all float down here!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Any kind soul fancy grabbing me a signed copy of Mr Hill's new book at one of the upcoming signings? Inscribed would be fantasmagorical

Paypal gift for the book and shipping to the UK of course.

Thanks in advance.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Alan G View Post
    Any kind soul fancy grabbing me a signed copy of Mr Hill's new book at one of the upcoming signings? Inscribed would be fantasmagorical

Thanks in advance.

I plan on going May 8 Wednesday. I can try, but no guarantee. I have 2 people going and 8 books so far. How do you wish the book to be inscribed? I will let you know on the 9th if i got it and that wouldnt interfere with any other volunteers!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post

Thanks in advance.

I plan on going May 8 Wednesday. I can try, but no guarantee. I have 2 people going and 8 books so far. How do you wish the book to be inscribed? I will let you know on the 9th if i got it and that wouldnt interfere with any other volunteers!
    Thank you so much! That would be great. If possible inscribed to "Alan in Scotland" please. (to go with my Justin Cronin and Owen King inscriptions).

Thanks again for the kind offer and no worries if you can't manage. Much appreciated.

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by oy-the-brave View Post
    Thanks Twisted Nadine received The signed books yesterday, thanks again
    My pleasure!
    reality continues to ruin my life

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Thanks in advance.
    I plan on going May 8 Wednesday. I can try, but no guarantee.
    Alan if Roseannebarr doesnt get you one I will.
    PM me if you still need one.

My Mood
    Twisted

Going to be a fun night.
    Is Patrick going to this one, too?

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Penny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    I love these signings - Always so much fun!

So whose going to:

Joe Hill May 15th San Fran?
    King Hartford CT July 18?
    King Toronto Can Oct 24?
    I am definately going to San Francisco-It's in the Haight-Ashbury area and is a cool. funky, intimate, vaguely hashish smelling area, with a great brew-pub 150 feet away.
    The other side of the country-and Canada may be tough.
    Business expense?
    All things being equal, I may well be attending the Hill SF signing on May 15th - I have some business in the US (east coast) for most of May, so chances are better than average that I'll be attending my first ever real live book signing ... Hopefully, I'll be able to catch up with some of you guys !!!!
    Great. It should be a blast.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks in advance.
    I plan on going May 8 Wednesday. I can try, but no guarantee.
    Alan if Roseannebarr doesnt get you one I will.
    PM me if you still need one.
    Excellent! Thank you TN.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Going to be a fun night.
    Is Patrick going to this one, too?
    He hopes to.

I just asked Odetta in her Q&A thread why she isn't coming. She's only ~50 miles away.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I just got caught up with the last 45 days or so of this thread. Wow, this really makes it hurt that I missed the Owen event. You all looked great in your t-shirts, and I know you all, so I know you had a blast! Thank you to Jerome for getting me an inscribed book, chapbook, and signed t-shirt.

Although I just started a new job last week, I am planning to take the time to head up to SF attend Joe's book tour stop in SF. I look forward to seeing old friends then! Bad Penny, if you make it too, that will be the icing on the cake.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Joe Hill event in Iowa was awesome. 100 in attendance. He signed books from 8pm -9pm and signed every book put in front of him. He was in a hurry and skipped some personalizations and some doodles, but enjoyable non the less. He tweeted photos from the event. the giant advertisement at the front podium was just sitting there so i asked the librarian if i could have it and he said sure!! Joe signed it! Someone from another event paid $365 for the same poster.

Joe did an excellent Q&A for about 45 minutes. read a few pages from his book and then signed, signed, signed. He would do 1 personalization and two flatsigned books per person but said any one wanting more could get back in line. So i now have my entire collection signed! Well worth the 4 hour trip!

I got 3 out 4 books signed for members here. Sorry Alan he missed yours and my mom's. My wife was having to much fun and wasnt paying attention. I do have an extra flatsigned book if anybody needs one.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Joe Hill event in Iowa was awesome. 100 in attendance. He signed books from 8pm -9pm and signed every book put in front of him. He was in a hurry and skipped some personalizations and some doodles, but enjoyable non the less. He tweeted photos from the event. the giant advertisement at the front podium was just sitting there so i asked the librarian if i could have it and he said sure!! Joe signed it! Someone from another event paid $365 for the same poster.

Joe did an excellent Q&A for about 45 minutes. read a few pages from his book and then signed, signed, signed. He would do 1 personalization and two flatsigned books per person but said any one wanting more could get back in line. So i now have my entire collection signed! Well worth the 4 hour trip!

I got 3 out 4 books signed for members here. Sorry Alan he missed yours and my mom's. My wife was having to much fun and wasnt paying attention. I do have an extra flatsigned book if anybody needs one.
    Congrats. I'm glad you had a fun time and picked up a "cool" event extra.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    You going?
    Doesnt mention anything about signings...
    Probably not....I am no familiar with his work, and there does not seem to be much worth in his signature.
    Apparently I have changed my mind.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey no problem. Twisted Nadine is going to try for me. Glad you had a nice time and thanks!

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

It appears Stephen King is going to do a book signing for DR sleep.
    unfortunately I have no details yet

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post
    It appears Stephen King is going to do a book signing for DR sleep.
    unfortunately I have no details yet
    Where did you hear that? Hoping that he comes to the midwest this time around.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Its a reliable source. I'm sorry I don't have more info. I will post as soon as I hear anything else.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Or Vegas.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Ms. Mod has alluded to it on this thread, but the details aren't finalized:

http://www.stephenking.com/community...light=signings

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I take it would be signing the books you pick up at the store?
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

When trying to find out about ordering Joyland the other day I came across a web page about joe hill signing books in London on 1st June 13 at the forbidden planet store.

They seem to be taking orders for the book (not sure if they mean signed or not)

http://forbiddenplanet.com/events/20...igning-nos4r2/

Not sure if this has been mentioned in this thread or not already.

Cheers, Dave

Actually the site does say it will send a signed copy.
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post

Just read some of the postings. Per Ms. Mod, "We have the dates and cities all set up but the publisher needs to find venues in a couple of the locations. The tour in Europe is a lot farther behind in the planning other than having the couple of weeks in November set aside and that France and Germany will be the only countries involved this time around."

She also said that he will not be coming to California. Beyond that, she hasn't released any other details yet.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

We have the dates and cities all set up but the publisher needs to find venues in a couple of the locations. The tour in Europe is a lot farther behind in the planning other than having the couple of weeks in November set aside and that France and Germany will be the only countries involved this time around.

------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post

Just read some of the postings. Per Ms. Mod, "We have the dates and cities all set up but the publisher needs to find venues in a couple of the locations. The tour in Europe is a lot farther behind in the planning other than having the couple of weeks in November set aside and that France and Germany will be the only countries involved this time around."

She also said that he will not be coming to California. Beyond that, she hasn't released any other details yet.
    Well that sucks.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 107 of 158 FirstFirst ... 7 57 97 105 106 107 108 109 117 157 ... LastLast