Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 158 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 3936

Thread: Book Signings and Appearances-Tips and experiences

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

not avail online...says call box office when I just checked again

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

how big is the venue again?

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    I was doing phone and website starting at 12:56...website tix went live at 12:59 (according to my computer clock)...simplest order online I've ever done! Got lucky!!
    I found the online order very easy also.. I had signed in this morning so my account was already set up.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Lucky devils, if only he came to the UK :-(

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

I got two tickets online exactly at 10am (my time). Very easy check out.

Does anyone know if you need a passport to get into Canada from the states? Ive heard yes but in doing some research seems you can use an expired passport as long as you have valid drivers license. Anyone know for sure or have a link to confirm?
    reality continues to ruin my life

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    I got two tickets online exactly at 10am (my time). Very easy check out.

Does anyone know if you need a passport to get into Canada from the states? Ive heard yes but in doing some research seems you can use an expired passport as long as you have valid drivers license. Anyone know for sure or have a link to confirm?
    Yes to passport. And on-line showing tix avail again

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

You need a passport 100%. You could get lucky and get across with an older passport and ID but I wouldn't risk it.

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Thanks - plenty of time to renew it.
    reality continues to ruin my life

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

box office says they are sold out 12:23 PM. i hope they dont oversell!!!

400 ish + in the venue!

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah that was weird. I started calling just before 1. They put me on hold for just under 5 minutes and told me they were sold out when I got through.
    Hung up and tried the website and was able to purchase two tickets without any issues. I did get a confirmation email but I guess we'll see.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Tickets sold out in less than 9 minutes.

I called 37 times before I got through....on hold for five minutes....only to find out they are sold out.

call again. they "found" a ticket for me.
    I owe you one...they just "found me" some too.

All gone now.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Gunslinger Apprentice redsoxfan565 is on a distinguished road

After being on hold for 20 minutes, I was told it was sold out. Called back, and was able to purchase 2 tickets. People must have been holding these in their online carts and not checked out or something.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I'm hoping that between my wife, her brother and me, I'll get at least one non-Dr.Sleep book signed.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I was told King would sign for one hour.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Wow! A truly unforgettable image.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    The scenes to which it relates are pretty unforgettable, too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    I just imagined answering the doorbell wearing this.
    Um.... I'm gunna have to pass on this one.

The shirt is very much an inside joke involving Owen King's new book. If you read the book you will get it.
    Oh, and that is with a blurred image. The original was not blurred, but even I thought that might be too much.

This is from Owen King's chapbook with scenes from the cutting room floor. It explains it a bit:

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Owen King just posted this to Facebook: FYI: I'm hearing that the Toronto event is sold out! Sorry to everyone who wanted tickets and couldn't get one.

Gunslinger Apprentice redsoxfan565 is on a distinguished road

From what I have been told, the Doctor Sleep books will be pre-signed, and he will sign up to 2 books, doesn't matter the title, per person in the signing line. Anyone confirm/deny this? Also, does anyone know how many tickets have been sold? If its around that 400 number stated earlier, I would assume King is going to sign for everyone, regardless of time.

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by redsoxfan565 View Post
    From what I have been told, the Doctor Sleep books will be pre-signed, and he will sign up to 2 books, doesn't matter the title, per person in the signing line. Anyone confirm/deny this? Also, does anyone know how many tickets have been sold? If its around that 400 number stated earlier, I would assume King is going to sign for everyone, regardless of time.
    That would be fantastic, but I would shocked if he signs more than one book per person. That seems to be the norm at most of his recent signings. The book store signings are usually limited to the new book but these events might allow for a buy one get something else signed option. Book events are often wildly disorganized. I think it is the nature of book store owners to have no plan until the last moment.

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I am skeptical about two books if he will only be there for an hour.....which is what I was told....but who knows if that is true.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I am skeptical about two books if he will only be there for an hour.....which is what I was told....but who knows if that is true.
    If he signs 4 books per minute (15 seconds a person), that is only 240...

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Would there be a cattle prod moving people through the line?

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

He went through a LOT of people in a very short timespan at his B&N signing in Atlanta for Under the Dome. I was amazed.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    Being rushed through the line like that would definitely take all the fun out of it. As much as I'd love to meet King someday, and get a book signed in person, it would be nice to have him at least look up and acknowledge me. Not to mention, if four books are going to be passed to him every minute, I would imagine the signature would be pretty sloppy.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    Being rushed through the line like that would definitely take all the fun out of it. As much as I'd love to meet King someday, and get a book signed in person, it would be nice to have him at least look up and acknowledge me. Not to mention, if four books are going to be passed to him every minute, I would imagine the signature would be pretty sloppy.

If he is sitting down signatures are better. It took 2 hours to sign 400 books. I doubt he will sign 2 a piece that would be 4 hours.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The King July event has a much greater chance of a person getting a couple of (their own choice) books signed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 158 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 ... LastLast