Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 158 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Signings and Appearances-Tips and experiences

Along the Path of the Beam The Red Rose is on a distinguished road The Red Rose's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Book Signings and Appearances-Tips and experiences

Not sure if this should go here as it is non-King so if it needs moving, sorry to create work.

J. K. Rowling doing a midnight signing, read about it here:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/itn/2007052...n-ea4616c.html

The Official Bloomsbury site:

http://www.bloomsbury.com/harrypotter/event/
    Last edited by The Red Rose; 05-23-2007 at 07:20 AM. Reason: Changed broken link
    The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them.

Music is the language of the heart, the sound of the soul. The more we understand it, the deeper the listening experience becomes.

http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/4120/silversurfer2xk1.jpg

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

The first link is broken... but the second one works.

This makes me wish I lived in London, if only for one night.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Same here. I think this might go well in Dutch Hill since its non King
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Along the Path of the Beam The Red Rose is on a distinguished road The Red Rose's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I put it in the official Harry Potter thread over there too, so if you wish to delete this...
    The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them.

Music is the language of the heart, the sound of the soul. The more we understand it, the deeper the listening experience becomes.

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I think it's a good overall thread for booksigning stuff.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Me too. I don't see any reason why it can't continue and I would love to post any King book signings on the Current News page.

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Im going to an Al Gore signing today. The limit is ONE book! Ha! But otherwise I would offer to pick some up...

The next big one is John Updike - not sure I will make that one. But Michael Ondaatje is signing and I am DEF going to that one. Author of The English Patient

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Rose View Post
    Not sure if this should go here as it is non-King so if it needs moving, sorry to create work.

OH MY GOD!!! GO GO GO get in there, both you and Rachel!!! Get me a book!! LOL I wanna be there
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

This was the author signing for Khaled Hosseni who wrote The Kite Runner. Those of you who have read it - know how amazing of a novel it is. Those who haven't, should.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Red Rose View Post

OH MY GOD!!! GO GO GO get in there, both you and Rachel!!! Get me a book!! LOL I wanna be there
    We're trying, I've put in our "one entry per household" to win tickets but there will only be one signed book per household from what I can gather.

If we do manage to get tickets we'll do our best to get as many signed copies as possible and you're first on our list to have one.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    I knew there was a reason I love you so much!!!!!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Book Signings and Appearances

Well, the idea is to post about authors and artist's signings.

Don Maitz (illustrations for Desperation and The Talisman 1st) will attend The Fargo Entertainment Expo which takes places from October 26-28, 2007 in Fargo, ND.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Ari. If King ever appears or signs I would also suggest posting in The Oracle.

My Mood
    Lurking

Tuesday October 16th

STEPHEN KING and special guests

present The Best American Short Stories 2007

THIS EVENT IS NOW SOLD OUT.

STEPHEN KING, world-renowned author and guest editor of The Best American Short Stories 2007, will be joined by Series Editor Heidi Pitlor along with contributors Jim Shepard, Karen Russell, and Richard Russo to discuss King's picks of the best American short fiction for 2007. Scary good!

Following the talk, Mr. King will sign copies of Best American Short Stories 2007. In order to ensure that as many people as possible get a book signed, Mr. King will only sign copies of Best American Short Stories 2007, limited to one per person.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Karen!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Lurking

soooooooo excited! My first time being right in front of THE MAN!!!

My Mood
    Lurking

OK!!! Had sooo much fun last night! King is a card! What a good time that was!

Here's a couple of pics....

Along the Path of the Beam lepra79 is on a distinguished road

thanks Karen!!!

greats photos!!!

do you have someone more?

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool

wow...thats cool Karen!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations!!!!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

**drools with envy**

You would think, as much as the man writes about Colorado...that he would come here every now and then.

Gunslinger Apprentice Asterisco is on a distinguished road Asterisco's Avatar

OMG! Congratulations!!!
    Tell us more about it!!

And more pics!

My Mood
    Lurking

They all came out, King, Karen Russell, Richard Russo, Jim Shepard and Heidi Pitlor. Heidi introduced them all and then King did a brief little speech about how he chose the stories and then it was onto the readings. The three authors were delightful to hear. All had wonderful reading voices. The passages they chose were witty and entertaining. They then did a short, or what was supposed to be short, Q&A. Because of the fact that all five people at the table were answering each question, they only got 5 questions done before starting the signing. The line was quite long but they did announce before the beginning of the program that King would be signing all 1000 copies of the book. So in line we went. People up the back of the church got first in line as they started it up the left side and told people to go into the center of the church and then up the left side to form the line. The line then went outside, down the steps and down the walk. Lucky for me, the people that I was with, Hubby, Robert, and Rick and Sheila Berry were in the balcony and got down before the questions started. They ended up right outside the doors. Once King did start signing, and it was only the sig, no personalizations, the line moved fast! Then another line was formed down the center isle for the other three authors.
    I ended up purchasing, before the event, the hard cover of the book, so I had that signed by everyone. Once the end of the line was visible in the church, I got into it and had the paperback that came with the ticket signed too!! WOOT!!! It was my first time with Mr. King up close and personal and it was cool. Didn't get to say much, but it was cool being with him right there!!

SO, there's the whole story!

As for pics, I wasn't supposed to be taking them so I took them without a flash and they came out blurry, those are the clearest two.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

That's so awesome Karen!
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 158 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast