Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 126 of 158 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 124 125 126 127 128 136 ... LastLast
Results 3,126 to 3,150 of 3936

Thread: Book Signings and Appearances-Tips and experiences

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    I called center for fiction and spoke directly to a manager -

She told me the policy was always one book per customer because "someone could just buy 17 tickets and try to get signed books"

I told her she would have a lot of unhappy people at the event tonight so she took my number and is going to call me back.
    I don't know if I would agree with 'alot of unhappy people'. I would say probably less than 10-15. Still, that is unfortunate.
    Anyone who bought extra tix expecting a book per ticket would be unhappy
    I agree with that. I just don't think the number of people who did that is going to be very high.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I understand Center for Fictions side of this....may be Kings thoughts as well. They likely prefer to put books in the hands of people who want them to keep rather than those looking to make a buck off selling them. I also understand anyone who hoped to get extra books with extra tickets however it is like everything else no guarantees, I can't tell you how many times I sought an opportunity where I believed had good option to come away with something signed and did not. It makes the successes sweeter. I too had extra tickets that could go to waste tonite...... HOW EVER ON THE POSITIVE SIDE i MADE FIVE NEW FRIENDS TODAY.... Who feel fortunate to go to something they will appreciate and remember fondly.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Hey explorer clear put your mailbox - I need to send you a message!

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

You can always send an email

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post
    You can always send an email
    Sent

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm listening to the coordinator explain the event to the ushers
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Details?

Country
    Country Flag

White flyer/program for ticket buys. Pink for students that got free tickets. No book for pink flyers. That's rely all they talked about
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...

Clown on the Bus Dano has a spectacular aura about Dano has a spectacular aura about Dano's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Oops. Edited because I might be wrong!

Dan

Clown on the Bus Dano has a spectacular aura about Dano has a spectacular aura about Dano's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    Received this morning from Chautauqua Box Office:

"Post event book distribution
    Included with your ticket is a first edition copy of Stephen King's "Doctor Sleep." Books will be distributed at the end of the event upon exiting the venue with your validated ticket. 250 autographed books will be randomly distributed.
    You must be present to pick up your book. There is no post-event pick up. Other books by Mr. King including "The Shining" and additional copies of "Doctor Sleep" will be available for sale at the event."

1300 potential guests, 250 signed books. Ouch
    Crap....just what I was disputing at the New York Event in my last post.

And I just found out my brother in law cannot make it....so now I have a ticket that may be worthless.
    Are you the same Tippy4 I dealt with today? If so, not so worthless!

Dan

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I am indeed!

See you tomorrow!
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Cheers!

Country
    Country Flag

What did I miss? I asked if I could trade our not signed one for one that was signed, after everyone was gone and the lady told me they had obligations to send some to people and allowing us to trade wouldn't be fair to them. Wtf...
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher

My Collection

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I have mixed feelings about that.

On the one hand...you SHOWED UP to the event...so part of me thinks you should get some preferential treatment.

On the other hand, someone else paid the same price you did, and did not get to see the show....so they should get the same chance of getting a book that you had.

I believe I read that at the Cambridge event, they will NOT be sending out signed books...but that makes me wonder....what will they do with them? I mean, at the end of the night, you have to assume they have both signed and unsigned books left over.....
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

What I really enjoyed about the NY 9/24/13 event was the interaction between Father and Son.
    Owen read from Dr Sleep.... Stephen read from Double Feature..... with genuine hugs and handshakes between them as they returned to seats.
    The faces on each were interesting, at times priceless.
    They then had a conversation which Owen led off using a Stephen King used trivia book he found in a store.
    Stephen did not have all the answers/
    . a lot or most with some coaching....
    They then each read from their own books.
    After Owen read some more graphic sexual text from Double Feature, Stephen noted,"He got that from his Mother."
    Before reading a passage from Dr Sleep

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post
    What I really enjoyed about the NY 9/24/13 event was the interaction between Father and Son.
    Owen read from Dr Sleep.... Stephen read from Double Feature..... with genuine hugs and handshakes between them as they returned to seats.
    The faces on each were interesting, at times priceless.
    They then had a conversation which Owen led off using a Stephen King used trivia book he found in a store.
    Stephen did not have all the answers/
    . a lot or most with some coaching....
    They then each read from their own books.
    After Owen read some more graphic sexual text from Double Feature, Stephen noted,"He got that from his Mother."
    Before reading a passage from Dr Sleep
    100 percent agree with that

Gunslinger Apprentice onlylivingboyinny is on a distinguished road onlylivingboyinny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

^ Agreed with all the above. Total shame their genuine interactions were limited to only a few minutes. The banter between them was excellent.
    "Everyone suspects himself of at least one of the cardinal virtues, and this is mine: I am one of the few honest people that I have ever known." - Nick Carraway
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald, "The Great Gatsby"

Country
    Country Flag

I was fun. I was kind of disappointed that Q&A was 1 question. I did enjoy their interaction, but think 1 bout of reading instead of 2 and more discussion would have been better.

Then their is the book thing. They sell the tickets stating that every ticket gets a chance at a signed book. I only had 2 for my and I. Yesterday they sent a message saying it was one per person, not one per ticket and that You HAD TO BE THERE. They would not hold books for people who didn't attend.

Then after the event they won't let us trade our unsigned books for signed ones because they had to mail the rest to people who weren't there.

I've only been to 4 King events like this, but I work for a huge publisher and help set these things up on occasion for our authors. This was by far the most inconsistent and disorganized event I have ever been to.
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

PS. I really like when Stephen said that the only thing more special than having your son reading your book was reading your sons
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher

My Collection

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Did anyone have an extra ticket who received the extra book? Alternately, did anyone have an extra ticket and wasn't provided a book for it?

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I had a couple extras a didn't get a book for any of the extras.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Did anyone have an extra ticket who received the extra book? Alternately, did anyone have an extra ticket and wasn't provided a book for it?
    I had 4 extra tix and they refused to give me programs/books...I was with my 12 year old daughter and I decided I was not going to try the end-around game....I decided to just be with her...it was her 1st time seeing King and it was a father-daughter experience....I was not going to spoil it by being pissy.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    I had 4 extra tix and they refused to give me programs/books...I was with my 12 year old daughter and I decided I was not going to try the end-around game....I decided to just be with her...it was her 1st time seeing King and it was a father-daughter experience....I was not going to spoil it by being pissy.
    You can make daughters anytime! This was a signed King book!

JK

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

its Okay, we get to try again of Friday

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hope the Chautauqua event tonight goes a lot smoother.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

+ Reply to Thread
Page 126 of 158 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 124 125 126 127 128 136 ... LastLast