Page 127 of 158 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 125 126 127 128 129 137 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,175 of 3936

Thread: Book Signings and Appearances-Tips and experiences

Citizen of Gilead barlow will become famous soon enough barlow's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Did anyone have an extra ticket who received the extra book? Alternately, did anyone have an extra ticket and wasn't provided a book for it?
    I had 4 extra tix and they refused to give me programs/books...I was with my 12 year old daughter and I decided I was not going to try the end-around game....I decided to just be with her...it was her 1st time seeing King and it was a father-daughter experience....I was not going to spoil it by being pissy.
    That was a bummer David, did they let both of you get your book and program? So you got two books but had six tickets? I hope your daughter enjoyed they event, has she gone to many of them with you?

Ken

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm kind of tempted to send Marsha an email about how crappy this was handled by the venue.

Seems like blatant false advertising to me.

They sold the tickets as "1 book per ticket" and sold the tickets "max 4 per household"

But in David's situation, as I'm sure in others, tickets were given to him by other folks that could not make it. Those people are unable to receive an item that were absolutely told they could receive because of changes made at the last minute. On top of that, a considerable number of books were withheld by the venue to be sent to contributors that weren't even there.

That's the part that really gets me. I was present and couldn't trade my non-signed books for any signed ones that might have been left over because "These books are spoken for by contributors that could not make it and they should have the same chance as everyone else to get a signed copy". Wait... What? So not only can people not get a book per ticket, but a chunk of the signed books are now reserved for people that didn't even buy tickets?
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

As you go in they scan your ticket and give you a program that can later be redeemed for a book. Correct? They should just scan all of your tickets and provide you the programs for each.

If they refuse to scan more than one ticket what's to stop you from exiting and reentering on a different ticket? (Other than being with your daughter.) You should then receive another program.

Was the problem only that they wouldn't provide the extra programs or that they wouldn't redeem more than one?

They need to honor the contract that was made when the ticket was purchased and provide the book.

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm glad I waited on buying tickets for tomorrow night, because I was able to get 2 for $69.99 (total). I'm a little worried that I'll get there tomorrow and find out that the seller sold these tickets eight times over. I'm sure it will be lot of fun.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    I'm glad I waited on buying tickets for tomorrow night, because I was able to get 2 for $69.99 (total). I'm a little worried that I'll get there tomorrow and find out that the seller sold these tickets eight times over. I'm sure it will be lot of fun.
    Be sure to get there first.

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I guess that brings up another factor of how completely organized the NYC event was. If you had physical tickets, they ripped off the stub like you normally would going into a movie or whatever. If you had the printed PDF tickets, they tore off the corner to "mark it". They didn't use any type of barcode reader to scan the tickets. You could literally have printed out 20 copies of your PDF ticket and just kept going in with the same one.
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've said it before, but random pre-signed books are an awful idea. Ms. Mod indicated the idea was to discourage those who would later sell on ebay by not guaranteeing that they receive a signed copy. Unfortunately, it also does not guarantee that any fan who travels a long distance will get one either. Not to mention that buying on ebay is a lot less expensive for many fans than getting tickets, taking off from work, traveling long distances, and staying at hotels etc. My experience with many of these book events (as opposed to strictly signings) is that a surprising number of attendees are not interested in waiting around for a signature. They beat it when the event ends. But they have an equal opportuntity to get a pre-signed copy as someone who wants a signed book. Which they probably put on ebay because they could care less! My guess is that the real reason is that King doesn't want to spend hours sitting there signing away and this is a way to avoid that.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Gris View Post
    I guess that brings up another factor of how completely [dis]organized the NYC event was. If you had physical tickets, they ripped off the stub like you normally would going into a movie or whatever. If you had the printed PDF tickets, they tore off the corner to "mark it". They didn't use any type of barcode reader to scan the tickets. You could literally have printed out 20 copies of your PDF ticket and just kept going in with the same one.
    That's ridiculous. I am often told that I need to lower my expectations for people. It seems I must lower them yet again.

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alan G View Post
    That's me all booked up for Paris! Got my tickets for the Grand Rex event, apartment is booked in Paris and flights are also booked. Fly out from Glasgow on 12th November and return on the 17th. Signing is on the 13th and Grand Rex event on the 16th. Never been to Paris before so really looking forward to it
    Nice... so see you in Paris!
    I hope we will find each other there
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by burial View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan G View Post
    That's me all booked up for Paris! Got my tickets for the Grand Rex event, apartment is booked in Paris and flights are also booked. Fly out from Glasgow on 12th November and return on the 17th. Signing is on the 13th and Grand Rex event on the 16th. Never been to Paris before so really looking forward to it
    Nice... so see you in Paris!
    I hope we will find each other there
    Yes, hopefully see you there!

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

The copies of Doctor Sleep given out at the Grand Rex event will be in French.

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    The copies of Doctor Sleep given out at the Grand Rex event will be in French.
    that's kind of cool!

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey gang, just got back from Cambridge when King put on a short but more than enjoyable reading followed by a brief Q&A. King wore his best Red Sox attire and did lots of yucking it up about the Yankees! The Boston crowed ate it up. Walked out with two signed copies of Doctor Sleep as well - selling one on ebay for $399 (make me an offer if you want to purchase one off of ebay.

One drawback. The old church the reading was done in had way too many columns. It was so hard for some people to see - someone's gotta vet these places better.

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

The Colum situation was RIDICULOUS!!! anyone on either side of the church couldn't see squat. Meaning literally half of the people there had obstructed or like me zero view of King.
    I was kind of funny listening to King read about whores and swear like a trucker in this big theatrical spectacle of a church. I think a few people thought god was going to strike him down while he cursed from the pulpit. I thought one woman was ready to cry but over all the group laughed there asses off and the reading was killer!

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree with everything you say. I was lucky enough to be able tow see his head only, between two columns. It was a funny opening when the microphone was not working - at first I thought it was joke. Still a fun night. This was my third time seeing Mr. King. The first was a reading/signing for Bag of Bones - and awesome time because King chatted up everyone as he signed. The second was for Full Dark, No Stars - a signing only where King was no so chatty, in truth kind of disappointing. Then last night, which was really entertaining, and I got a couple of signed books.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Hey gang, just got back from Cambridge when King put on a short but more than enjoyable reading followed by a brief Q&A. King wore his best Red Sox attire and did lots of yucking it up about the Yankees! The Boston crowed ate it up. Walked out with two signed copies of Doctor Sleep as well - selling one on ebay for $399 (make me an offer if you want to purchase one off of ebay.

One drawback. The old church the reading was done in had way too many columns. It was so hard for some people to see - someone's gotta vet these places better.
    Just sold one from this site - thanks Ralph.

Gunslinger Apprentice Rainet is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I went to the Cambridge reading also. This was my first time seeing Stephen King. Been waiting for years for something like this. My wife and I went. We got one signed, and one unsigned book. Made my night.

Funny thing was, the unsigned book had a large scratch line on the cover. I think it was from the box cutter. I didn't realized it until maybe 10 minutes later when we were down the road. I was able to exchange it at the Harvard book store for of course another unsigned copy. Kind of wished I saw it right away and spoke up right when it was handed to me. Who knows, maybe i could of had a chance for another signed book.
    But all in all, I am very happy. What a great night. Perfect weather too.

Stephen seems so laid back and down to earth. Interesting, they had a long line for the question and answer session. I was like, wow he's going to answer all of them? He only answered a handful, but that was ok because he really took his time answering questions like up to 5 minutes each. Quality over quantity which is always best.
    I just couldn't ask for a more perfect night. A signed book! Just made my entire weekend.

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Any update on the Toronto event? The website indicated there would be both a book signing and 400 copies pre-signed copies of Dr. Sleep for sale. That's much better than the other events with random pre-signed books and no signing. According to their website, the theater holds up to 446 people. So that makes the odds of getting a pre-signed copy pretty good even if they randomly distribute the 400.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

this is one of my favorite appearances/interviews with King. couldn't find a better thread to put it in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OS1IElIAN4

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

I can't open the link at work... could you tell me where the interview was held/what it was for?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stkmw02 View Post
    I can't open the link at work... could you tell me where the interview was held/what it was for?
    If you had the chance to change history, would you? Stephen King's novel "11/22/63" (2011) addresses this very scenario as the book's main character travels back in time on a mission to prevent the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. King talked with KERA's Lee Cullum about the book, Dallas, the 1960s, the Kennedy assassination, as well as his career and politics. This presentation took place on November 10, 2011 and served as a fundraiser in support of the Museum mission. To see additional films, photos, documents and oral histories from the Museum's collection, visit our online collections database (http://emuseum.jfk.org). Or make a research appointment to explore the books, DVDs and other materials available in the Museum's Reading Room (http://www.jfk.org/go/reading-room).

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Chuck Palahniuk will be in Milwaukee on October 12th.
    Mark Twain

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

There might be some tickets left for the Toronto event. Call 416-973-4000 and ask. I'd act fast, information was just posted.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Tickets show as ***SOLD OUT*** on the PEN Canada site again.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

any estimation on how many signed DOCTOR SLEEP was signed last week? I wonder because I dont see many being listed on ebay.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 127 of 158 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 125 126 127 128 129 137 ... LastLast