Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 147 of 158 FirstFirst ... 47 97 137 145 146 147 148 149 157 ... LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,675 of 3936

Thread: Book Signings and Appearances-Tips and experiences

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

TOMORROW IS KING'S FIRST EVENT FOR END OF WATCH in Jersey City...I will be there with my son Reid (20).

I emailed the organizers and told them that at prior "lottery" events, I saw staffers skimming signed copies off the tables and setting them aside and I demanded that such a thing NOT happen at this event.

I got this reply today:

Hi David,

Yes, we will absolutely not tolerate anything like this. We've worked with the publisher to ensure that this system will be as fair and unbiased as possible.

Very best,

The Events Team
    WORD Bookstores

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Best of luck David (and everyone) and that you get plenty of copies to deal with your undoubtedly lengthy waitlist! I hope that ALL of the 'lotteries' run fairly and that everyone has a good time to boot!

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I will see him on the 13th in Iowa-Looking forward to it.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    TOMORROW IS KING'S FIRST EVENT FOR END OF WATCH in Jersey City...I will be there with my son Reid (20).

I emailed the organizers and told them that at prior "lottery" events, I saw staffers skimming signed copies off the tables and setting them aside and I demanded that such a thing NOT happen at this event.

I got this reply today:

Hi David,

Yes, we will absolutely not tolerate anything like this. We've worked with the publisher to ensure that this system will be as fair and unbiased as possible.

Very best,

The Events Team
    WORD Bookstores
    Yes, they will make sure to skim them before the event
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post

I got this reply today:

Hi David,

Very best,

The Events Team
    WORD Bookstores
    Yes, they will make sure to skim them before the event
    Did those past issues happen at larger bookstores? I'm cautiously optimistic that the small independent bookstores are much more organized and won't pull any of that nonsense.

Pittsburgh tomorrow night! Flying there this afternoon.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw it happen with an independent store.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just got back from a week in NYC that included the event in Jersey City. David, I was looking for you, but didn't see you.

Does anyone know who the gentleman was that died in line and was revived?

Yes. Dead. Then alive again after CPR from a heroic woman in line.

My brother and I dropped our wives off to wait in line while we parked the car. we're walking back 5 minutes later and my wife is on the phone with 911 standing over the man whom was no longer living while another woman administered the CPR.

The man's eyes came back and started moving again and the ambulance was there in less than 2 minutes.

After the show, we asked the EMTs out front and said "He'll be fine"
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Video of GRR Martin's interview with King
    >>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_PBqSPNTfg
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

King is going to be at the National Book Festival in DC come Sept. They should be announcing the details soon. Curious to see if that is a ticketed event with a signing. Book festivals are usually the best place to get older books signed since he doesn't do that on his new book tours.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    King is going to be at the National Book Festival in DC come Sept. They should be announcing the details soon. Curious to see if that is a ticketed event with a signing. Book festivals are usually the best place to get older books signed since he doesn't do that on his new book tours.
    "
    The 16th annual Library of Congress National Book Festival will be held at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center on Saturday, Sept. 24, from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. The event is free and open to the public. NOTE: No outside food or drink may be brought into the Convention Center. Food and drinks are available at the center, and there are many restaurants within walking distance.

Author Stages

Starting at 10 a.m., approximately 120 authors, illustrators and poets will make presentations in stages dedicated to Children; Teens; Picture Books; Books to Movies; Contemporary Life; Graphic Novels; Fiction; Food & Home; History & Biography; International Programs; Mysteries, Thrillers & Science Fiction; Poetry & Prose; and Science. A Main Stage of 2,500 seats will feature six of the most popular festival authors. A Poetry Slam will also be held. Note that some stages will remain open until 10 p.m.
    See All Authors

Special Programming

Many fascinating thematic programs and panel discussions will be offered throughout the festival. They will range from discussions on mystery novels and “Black Lives Matter” to the works of Primo Levi and the imagination of Thomas Jefferson.

Evening Programs

The events continue into the evening hours with several stages remaining open as late as 10 p.m. A program on Books to Movies, featuring books for young people that became motion pictures, begins at 6 p.m. A Poetry Slam starts at 7:30 p.m. The Graphic Novels stage opens at 5 p.m. with Rep. John Lewis.

Library of Congress Pavilion

At the Library of Congress Pavilion you can explore the workings of the world’s largest library. The Library of Congress Pavilion offers a behind-the-scenes look at the many ways the Library brings its extraordinary resources to people everywhere.

Family Friendly Activities on the Expo Floor

The expo floor on the lower level of the Convention Center will be buzzing with activity from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. In addition to book signings, book sales and food service, there will be an array of fun and exciting activities and programs for festival attendees of all ages. Festival sponsors including AARP, The Washington Post, Wells Fargo, Scholastic, the Institute of Museum and Library Services and others will offer family friendly activities throughout the day. The Children’s, Teens and Picture Books stages will also be on this floor.

Book Sales

Visit the book sales area on the expo floor if you would like to purchase selected books by Festival authors. Be sure to pick up books by your favorite authors before going to the book-signing area. Selected books pre-signed by authors will also be in the book sales area."
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I keep waiting to see if he's going to be doing a signing.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

YEah I wonder when that will be announced... Man I would DIE to get my 1st IT or SLinger signed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

George R R Martin fans take note:

http://grrm.livejournal.com/492117.html
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

King will open the National Book Festival, with a recognition on September 24. No word on any signings though.

http://www.loc.gov/today/pr/2016/16-112.html

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    King will open the National Book Festival, with a recognition on September 24. No word on any signings though.

It says in that link "There will not be a book signing."

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by killjoy72 View Post

From Ms. Mod: There will not be a signing but he will be pre-signing 400 books. I'm still waiting for their exact language about distribution. My contact there has let me know how they plan to do it but I don't want to get any of the process wrong when I pass it along. If you attended any of the events on the book tour, this will be a repeat of that other than the Library of Congress presentation for recognition of his work promoting literacy.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by killjoy72 View Post

From Ms. Mod: There will not be a signing but he will be pre-signing 400 books. I'm still waiting for their exact language about distribution. My contact there has let me know how they plan to do it but I don't want to get any of the process wrong when I pass it along. If you attended any of the events on the book tour, this will be a repeat of that other than the Library of Congress presentation for recognition of his work promoting literacy.
    Would it be EOW signed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Would it be EOW signed?
    Yes.

Country
    Country Flag

I was sooooo hoping he would do a signing with a book his fan could bring. Thanks for the info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

For anyone going to the National Book Fair in Washington DC...

http://www.loc.gov/today/pr/2016/16-...ml?loclr=eanbf

from the Library of Congress
    Press contact: Gayle Osterberg (202) 707-0020
    Press contact: Sheryl Cannady (202) 707-6456
    Website: Tickets for Stephen King at the National Book Festival
    September 7, 2016
    Stephen King to Open Main Stage at National Book Festival
    Tickets Available 9 a.m. EDT, Sept. 14
    Stephen King will open the Main Stage of the 2016 Library of Congress National Book Festival with a presentation and recognition by the Library of his lifelong work promoting literacy. Tickets will be required for the King presentation. Tickets will be free and will be issued electronically beginning at 9 a.m. EDT Sept. 14.

Tickets are not required for other presentations or activities at the festival.

The National Book Festival will be held Sept. 24 at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington, D.C. The King presentation will be 11 a.m. – noon on the festival’s Main Stage, which will be located on the third floor, Ballrooms B and C. There will not be a book signing.

"Due to Stephen King’s popularity, we anticipate the volume of interest will exceed seating capacity," said festival co-director Guy Lamolinara. "A ticketed process will make for the most orderly and fair opportunity for Mr. King’s fans to see this presentation."

Seating will be first-come, first-served. Ticket holders must be seated by 10:30 a.m. Holding a ticket does not guarantee entry.

There is a limit of two tickets per person. Accessibility accommodations should be made no later than Sept. 19 by calling 202-707-6362 or ADA@loc.gov. ASL services are offered at all book festival presentations.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Is there a direct link yet where to order tickets on 9/14, or will a person have to navigate the main website that morning to find it?

Distinct East Coast bias. 6 AM California tine start.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Is there a direct link yet where to order tickets on 9/14, or will a person have to navigate the main website that morning to find it?

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/stephen...ts-27126700692

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

The website link goes to Eventbrite. It says there that tickets haven't gone on sale yet. So I would think that would be the primary source for ordering.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/stephen...ts-27126700692

Thanks.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

I think it will be impossible to get and resell these tickets. It sounds like they are planning to distribute many more than 400.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 147 of 158 FirstFirst ... 47 97 137 145 146 147 148 149 157 ... LastLast