Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 117 of 158 FirstFirst ... 17 67 107 115 116 117 118 119 127 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,925 of 3936

Thread: Book Signings and Appearances-Tips and experiences

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

The only book I have signed to someone else is the Bag Of Bones ARC (one of the ones inscribed to various booksellers - I think?)

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I've probably linked to this commentary 10 times or more on this site or its precursor. But it is still a good discussion of "flat signed vs. inscribed." And maybe some of the newer members haven't read it.

http://www.raresf.com/bnews.html#signed

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What sometimes gets lost in this discussion is your intention for the book. Mainly, is the book's "value" to you what it means to you personally or what you can resell it for? I have no intention on selling any of my books. The exception being if I upgrade condition or if I happen to get a duplicate in a batch.

I don't collect flatsigned or inscribed books. Only the S/L's. However, if I had the occasion to have King hand sign a book, the value to me is in the fact that I stood there and maybe chatted with him for a moment and got him to sign something for me. It would be more meaningful to me if there was a personalized description and a date to go along with the signature. For someone who was just going to turn around and put it on eBay the next day, perhaps there is more value without the personalization.

Gunslinger Apprentice redsoxfan565 is on a distinguished road

I'm getting a little worried about Toronto. I called the other day, and they are still saying King will be signing for "1 hour" and will sign up to 2 books per person. We all know, he will sit there and sign the 2 books for everyone (Especially since Owen said he was already going to be there for everyone, and I don't see King leaving without his son), so the 1 hour is not a concern. However, Mrs. Mod is now saying the logistics have not been fully squared away, so I'm not sure where that event stands. Anyone call up to Toronto recently and heard anything different?

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by redsoxfan565 View Post
    I'm getting a little worried about Toronto. I called the other day, and they are still saying King will be signing for "1 hour" and will sign up to 2 books per person. We all know, he will sit there and sign the 2 books for everyone (Especially since Owen said he was already going to be there for everyone, and I don't see King leaving without his son), so the 1 hour is not a concern. However, Mrs. Mod is now saying the logistics have not been fully squared away, so I'm not sure where that event stands. Anyone call up to Toronto recently and heard anything different?
    I doubt they will have it figured out until the day of the event. In fact even the day of the event things will change last minute. My advice is to bring extra books with you and have in mind the order of priority so at the very least you get the highest priority book signed but are ready if you can get more signed.
    reality continues to ruin my life

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by redsoxfan565 View Post
    I doubt they will have it figured out until the day of the event. In fact even the day of the event things will change last minute. My advice is to bring extra books with you and have in mind the order of priority so at the very least you get the highest priority book signed but are ready if you can get more signed.
    I'm sure it will be worked out before then, its just tough to start looking for and booking a hotel without concrete information on the signing.

Gunslinger Apprentice RandyinAK will become famous soon enough RandyinAK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm still trying to find 2 tickets to the Toronto event..... I would take just one ticket it that was all that was available.... Anyone selling tickets to the Toronto event? Thanks
    Randy in Alaska

Wanted:
    These 1st/1st Editions:
    Salems Lot
    Dead Zone

Wish List:
    The Stand S/L in coffin box
    Firestarter S/L
    Doctor Sleep S/L
    Cujo S/L
    Christine S/L

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

5 minutes and Harvard says all tickets are pending.
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Gunslinger Apprentice RandyinAK will become famous soon enough RandyinAK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Gris View Post
    5 minutes and Harvard says all tickets are pending.
    I went to stephenking.com under new and book tour, it says buy tickets..... That is working
    Randy in Alaska

Wanted:
    These 1st/1st Editions:
    Salems Lot
    Dead Zone

Wish List:
    Firestarter S/L
    Doctor Sleep S/L
    Cujo S/L
    Christine S/L

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

And pretty much sold out....
    Tickets are now PENDING...meaning in carts.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Country
    Country Flag

I just went and looked the same way I did before and it allowed me to try to purchase more tickets. I tried it again and it said pending. I tried it again and it said I could buy them, so you have to keep trying it.
    Randy in Alaska

Wanted:
    These 1st/1st Editions:
    Salems Lot
    Dead Zone

Wish List:
    Firestarter S/L
    Doctor Sleep S/L
    Cujo S/L
    Christine S/L

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

They are still available.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Just bought two. I needed a reason to visit Boston anyways.

Gunslinger Apprentice Rainet is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I am a half hour outside of Boston. Got the tickets. I'm ready! My wife and i are thrilled!

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

got 3 tickets Yippeekayay.

The page no longer says tickets pending, but says SOLD OUT.

Country
    Country Flag

officially sold out per the web page.
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I was able to get tickets to Cambridge, MA, also have tickets for NYC......looking like I will not make the NYC event due to work, so those may end up on ebay and on here for sale...but not yet !

Question: Say you have 4 tickets, each tickets gets a book, say only you and a guest go to the event but you have the 2 extra tickets with you....can you get the 2 extra books that those tickets are entitled to?

Seating capacity for The Memorial Church at Harvard is 805.

Gunslinger Apprentice Rainet is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

This is my first time ever going to a Stephen King reading. Anyone know from experience, what are the odds or percentage of signed copies being randomly given out normally?
    Regardless, this will be an amazing fun (Harvard) Boston event.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by namelessnpoor View Post
    I was able to get tickets to Cambridge, MA, also have tickets for NYC......looking like I will not make the NYC event due to work, so those may end up on ebay and on here for sale...but not yet !

Question: Say you have 4 tickets, each tickets gets a book, say only you and a guest go to the event but you have the 2 extra tickets with you....can you get the 2 extra books that those tickets are entitled to?
    Yes, the book goes with the ticket. In fact a single person picking up four books is better for them than four people each picking up one.

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by namelessnpoor View Post

At the Hartford event each ticket gets a book. I had a friend who was able to get several books for other people who couldn't make it. each tickets gets 1 book.

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Well if thats the case, is anyone who is going to the NYC event willing to take my 2 tickets and get the books for me? Hopefully signed books! I will pay for the shipping to get the books to me in NC of course.

Country
    Country Flag

Can anyone reccomend a good hotel close to the NYC venue?
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher

My Collection

+ Reply to Thread
Page 117 of 158 FirstFirst ... 17 67 107 115 116 117 118 119 127 ... LastLast