Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 158 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 110 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Signings and Appearances-Tips and experiences

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

No contest - Carrie

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Absolutely "Carrie." And I would seriously consider bringing "Salem's" instead of the Gunslinger...but I'm sure you've made up your mind on that!

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

thanks for the opinions, thats what i was looking for, i was hoping for more than two people to chime in though, So come on guys and gals let me know what you think. I am sure no matter what i do bring i will be second guessing myself, later on but i still want some help !
    Carrie, Salem's, Gunslinger ?????? which 2 should i bring !!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by namelessnpoor View Post
    thanks for the opinions, thats what i was looking for, i was hoping for more than two people to chime in though, So come on guys and gals let me know what you think. I am sure no matter what i do bring i will be second guessing myself, later on but i still want some help !
    Carrie, Salem's, Gunslinger ?????? which 2 should i bring !!
    THE GUNSLINGER definitely since it means so much to you personally.

I would decide between the other two in much the same way. Which book (story) did you like the best, which means the most to you. It is a decision for YOU to make (and to have FUN doing so).

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Gunslinger.
    Period.
    End of suggestion.

As a matter of fact, if King would sign two books, I might bring TWO Gunslinger's!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger and Carrie.

John

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Well if I had a First Gunslinger that would be my #1 choice but since I have a third I am going elsewhere! :-)
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    The Gunslinger.
    Period.
    End of suggestion.

As a matter of fact, if King would sign two books, I might bring TWO Gunslinger's!
    Yeah, yours and mine!

Rusty, for the second book I'd bring CARRIE, but I really do believe you should bring the book that means more to you personally since I'm assuming you're planning on keeping these two books.

By the way, I'd probably bring all three just on the off-chance I met someone there that I could pay to get my third book signed. You never know...
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If you own it and can figure out a safe way to handle it for a signing .... take your Lettered or S/L Regulators. I think either will be the perfect book if measuring value added if you can get a " Stephen King " signature in one.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    If you own it and can figure out a safe way to handle it for a signing .... take your Lettered or S/L Regulators. I think either will be the perfect book if measuring value added if you can get a " Stephen King " signature in one.
    Interesting thought Dave. I not only own a regular S/L Regulators but own the prototype (1 of 1) of the S/L version which I purchased a couple years ago from Barry Levin (gunkslinger bought the Lettered prototype). Why do you think a King sig would add so much value to a Regulators? Would not the same hold true for a Blaze or any other Bachman book?

And I will put this out there for you all...do you think King would sign my F&Gs of Drawing of the Three and Wastelands? What do you think of that idea in general?

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Why do you think a King sig would add so much value to a Regulators?
    Would not the same hold true for a Blaze or any other Bachman book?

And I will put this out there for you all...do you think King would sign my F&Gs of Drawing of the Three and Wastelands? What do you think of that idea in general?
    The only signed copy of Blaze I've seen for sale is up for £2000. So it does put up the value quite a bit.

I think he would sign the F&Gs, but they are rare already. The signature might not put much more monetory value on them.

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi,

Can i give my thoughts on the book to sign?

I suppose you have two options, a book that will give the maximum value if signed against a book that you love...

For me it was a book that i have enjoyed tremendously, Richard Bachman's The Long Walk, a dogeared version that I have read many times prior to signing and once since, I really enjoy the story. It is of special value as this was my first and only ever 'find' with respect to visiting a secondhand book store and buying a first edition Bachman for the princely price of 25 pence!! I clearly remember looking for a trash book to read, and coming across this amongst 100s of other slasher/horror books on the shelf, walking up to the till, paying for my book and walking out with a big smile on my face that i now owned a original bachman!

I am looking at it now and I must have had this book for about 20 years, so to get it signed, excellent. Mr King had a good look at the cover before he signed, and when I thanked him my voice was very croaky/nervous and he didn't look up from his signing. Calla Wolf saw the beam on my face, he knew that I was well happy.

I did take a Colorado Kid paperback with me too, but to be honest no competition as the Bachman had been with me for so long. In all honesty I did think about the rarity of the Bachman in comparison to say a hardback copy of It or The Stand which are probably my favourite stories, yet heavier books The Bachman slipped easily in my pocket and easily carried all day.

If it helps make a decision, to me this book is priceless, representing a book that has real personal value and brings genuine memories along with it for me.

now if you had a book that combined the two.....personal and monetary value, well even better

The day was amazing and hope you all enjoy as much as I did.

Hope I helped.

Dave

ps hope this doesn't sound as if i have anything against taking the rarer, more expensive books, i haven't at all, it's just I know my day was greatly enhanced knowing it was a book I value more than the value...if you know what I mean.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Great stuff Dave, thanks for posting.

I am so happy, I found copies of Candles Burning at a book store here, after looking at three
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

John F. Kennedy Mr. Ink is on a distinguished road Mr. Ink's Avatar

Default "It" or 2nd Gunslinger

If one had a choice between a first edition "It" and a 2nd edition Gunslinger, which would you do?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger.

John

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Dave, thanks for posting. That's a great story!

Mr. Ink, I'd take the 2nd of The Gunslinger, but it's because that story means more to me than the other.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Tomorrow is the big day--on to Balitmore!!
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I'm arriving in Baltimore tomorrow morning, too.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Joe Hill, granite St comic-com May 18th http://www.granitecon.com/
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    Karen, are you going?

Bring me back a signed copy of Locke & Key?

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok, coming down to the wire here. I have narrowed my choices of books to get signed, weighed value versus sentiment, versus DT completist streak in me.

On the table for consideration (I get two choices as my son is coming with me):

The Shining
    New Lieutenant's Rap (numbered unsigned proof)
    UK Wolves ARC
    UK Song of Susannah ARC (these two ARCs coupled with my signed UK DT VII ARC would make a nice set)
    UK 1st edition SoS (I have a signed UK Wolves and UK DT VII)
    Gunslinger Plume variant cover

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

NLR and Gun variant, but that's just me! LOL
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

My Mood
    Lurking

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    Karen, are you going?

Bring me back a signed copy of Locke & Key?

Hell yeah I am going! LOL

You got it dude! First one to ask...guess I can do that for you!

John F. Kennedy Mr. Ink is on a distinguished road Mr. Ink's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Dave, thanks for posting. That's a great story!

Mr. Ink, I'd take the 2nd of The Gunslinger, but it's because that story means more to me than the other.
    Thanks John and Patrick, I agree with that...can't wait for tomorrow!

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Mr. Ink-

A formal wecome to the site. I still have the Whelan remarque I bought from you. It is one of my favorites. Hope that we can spot each other at the event to say hi. I will be with my 15-year-old son. Look for the kid with dark brown bangs down to his eyes, poor posture and texting madly away on his cell phone. If he is standing next to a 6' medium build dude with mostly grey (fairly short) hair, that would be me!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 158 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 110 ... LastLast