Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 113 of 158 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 123 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,825 of 3936

Thread: Book Signings and Appearances-Tips and experiences

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I called them Saturday morning after you posted...all sold out.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone know if the NYC Center for Fiction event will have ticket available online, or only at the actual place in NYC?

Anyone in NYC feel like picking up 2 extra $40 seats?
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Tickets go on sale on July 23, 2013 at 12 NOON on The Center for Fiction's Website: http://centerforfiction.org/calendar...with-owen-king

Gunslinger Apprentice johnsmith87 will become famous soon enough johnsmith87's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Eagerly anticipating the location of the third event. Even though it's likely, I would be disappointed if it was somewhere in New England since there's already one in New York. I'm thinking either D.C. or somewhere in the South, maybe near Florida since that's where he stays in the summer anyways. I guess we'll find out soon.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Roseannebarr and Mr. X, tha is for sharing your stories upthread. I enjoyed hearing them.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by johnsmith87 View Post
    Eagerly anticipating the location of the third event. Even though it's likely, I would be disappointed if it was somewhere in New England since there's already one in New York. I'm thinking either D.C. or somewhere in the South, maybe near Florida since that's where he stays in the summer anyways. I guess we'll find out soon.
    I think Florida would be a good location... and actually you are kind of correct.... it is where he has a WINTER home....
    .............................. and where he follows his Sox for Spring Training.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post
    I think Florida would be a good location... and actually you are kind of correct.... it is where he has a WINTER home....
    .............................. and where he follows his Sox for Spring Training.
    In retrospect some things are clear:
    • Book release date is Tuesday (almost always Tuesdays now) 9/24/2013. Without a doubt King would be in NYC for the book promo. He would hit the morning shows and perhaps one late night show. I am surprised he agreed to an actual fan event, but it does seem SK is trying to help promote his son's book (Double Feature-Owen King). A great book, and to now unheralded. Similar to the Canada event in that both Stephen and Owen appear (having been to the LA event, without SK only a few dozen people showed up to see, and hear Owen-a shame actually).
    • King ties some Colorado event in for the Shining locale. Not at the Stanley (Overlook) hotel nearby but at a function that benefits book-readers and and a local society.
    • Whatever the third event is; it will not be in Florida for Red Sox Spring Training. King is a huge Red Sox fan, but right now the Red Sox are in first place. Spring training in Florida for the Red Sox is ~2/2014. King is hanging around Maine until ~November 2013. If the Red Sox went to and won the World Series that would be in very late October.
    • Now...speculate.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    • Book release date is Tuesday (almost always Tuesdays now) 9/24/2013. Without a doubt King would be in NYC for the book promo. He would hit the morning shows and perhaps one late night show. I am surprised he agreed to an actual fan event, but it does seem SK is trying to help promote his son's book (Double Feature-Owen King). A great book, and to now unheralded. Similar to the Canada event in that both Stephen and Owen appear (having been to the LA event, without SK only a few dozen people showed up to see, and hear Owen-a shame actually).
    • King ties some Colorado event in for the Shining locale. Not at the Stanley (Overlook) hotel nearby but at a function that benefits book-readers and and a local society.
    • Whatever the third event is; it will not be in Florida for Red Sox Spring Training. King is a huge Red Sox fan, but right now the Red Sox are in first place. Spring training in Florida for the Red Sox is ~2/2014. King is hanging around Maine until ~November 2013. If the Red Sox went to and won the World Series that would be in very late October.
    • Now...speculate.
    We also know that it's not California, so the west coast probably won't happen either. Hoping for the midwest!

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

• Now...speculate.
    I am not saying it WILL BE Florida, however it is possibility.
    I have had some difficulty pin-pointing exactly when King usually heads to FL for winter and spring.
    I have seen that he has in past been in Bangor with Family for Thanksgiving some years.
    However he has been in FL in November previously as you can see if you look back to around post #1500 or so in this thread.
    ( 11/22/63 signing in Sarasota mid November 2011 )...... so , I can dream !
    JUST SAYING: Would be convenient for me and he would need to hold off until I get back from Boulder.
    BUT: When is he headed to Europe?

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Do you think it'd be a good idea to get some tickets for NY in order to resell them later?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger Apprentice johnsmith87 will become famous soon enough johnsmith87's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, you're right, winter not summer home. Not sure if he goes there as early as September/October, but it seems possible.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

It strikes me as odd that he is doing two of the US events a day apart.

You gotta wonder if the third event will be soon after the two currently known US events after that, but before the Toronto event.

Perhaps he wants to get the book tour out of the way by the end of October, and then enjoy his winter vacation.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Gunslinger Apprentice mcdonaldj will become famous soon enough mcdonaldj's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

What is the deal with releasing the dates/locations one at a time and only AFTER the earlier event has sold out? How does that benefit the tour - it would sell out regardless?

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Do you think it'd be a good idea to get some tickets for NY in order to resell them later?
    No. Unless u plan to sell them to for cost too meee!!!!

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Hoping for the midwest!
    This.
    When is the last time he was in Chicago?
    Mark Twain

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mcdonaldj View Post
    What is the deal with releasing the dates/locations one at a time and only AFTER the earlier event has sold out? How does that benefit the tour - it would sell out regardless?
    As per Marsha they were still hashing out plans with the venues a couple weeks ago, hense the delay in releasing the details.
    Christine

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Regardless of where the next venue is its obvious this is not the "usual" book signing tour but has changed up completely. Based on these two events (Im not including Canada as one of the events as it doesnt seem to be an official part of the Dr Sleep "tour") he wont be going to B&N Atlanta or a Walmart or any other signing venue.

Im curious as to why they are distributing the pre-signed books versus selling them? Maybe the idea was to guarantee sold out events by offering a "free" signed book. But wouldnt they make just as much if not more by selling them at the events?
    reality continues to ruin my life

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I booked and paid for my trip, so I suppose barring calamity, I'll be arriving in Denver on Monday. I'll be staying at a hotel in Estes park one night, The Stanley another night, and in a cottage at Chautauqua park that is ~150' from the auditorium-basically stumbling distance.

Country
    Country Flag

Wow that was fast. NYC event...

ok. Got 2 regular tickets. premium let me add them to the cart, but were gone before I could type my CC info.

Did anyone get extra premiums?
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

That wasn't so tough. I got premium, but didn't see a way to quickly get extra premium (if that is what you meant).

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

New York event sold out in ten minutes.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Country
    Country Flag

That wasn't so tough. I got premium, but didn't see a way to quickly get extra premium (if that is what you meant).
    Yup. Looking for someone that bought 4, but only needs 2 and is willing to sell them for face value.
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher

My Collection

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Adrenalin Rush
    reality continues to ruin my life

Gunslinger Apprentice redsoxfan565 is on a distinguished road

The people at the event in CT claimed he signed 450 Joyland books. If there are only 550 seats in this place, there is a strong possibility King signs all of the books.

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    Adrenalin Rush

You and me both sister.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

+ Reply to Thread
Page 113 of 158 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 123 ... LastLast