Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 158 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 108 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Signings and Appearances-Tips and experiences

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Here is a thought:

I wonder if you took a nice first edition of THE SHINING if you could get both King and Joe Hill to sign it? The book is dedicated to Joe Hill King and that might be a nice touch.

Similarly, THE STAND is dedicated to Tabitha and getting both of them to sign it might be pretty cool.

Just a thought.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by namelessnpoor View Post
    I want to pick up a couple books by Tabitha and Owen. What books would be the best ones to get for them to sign? Tabitha has a few to choose from, owen only seems to have one.
    Any suggestions wouldbe greatly appreciated
    thanks
    Rusty
    Rusty-
    For Tabitha, I would suggest her first book, Small World, published I think in 1983.
    Dave,
    Did you read SMALL WORLD? If so, did you like it? I could never get past page 50 or so. I've tried a couple of times.
    Bob-
    No I have not. I only just acquired a signed 1st, unsigned 1st and ARC of the book as I wanted all 3 versions of her 1st book to go with my Carrie collection. I have done the same for Owen and Joe.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Here is a thought:

I wonder if you took a nice first edition of THE SHINING if you could get both King and Joe Hill to sign it? The book is dedicated to Joe Hill King and that might be a nice touch.

Similarly, THE STAND is dedicated to Tabitha and getting both of them to sign it might be pretty cool.

Just a thought.
    Joe isn't scheduled to be at the signing, although you could send the book to him.
    I do know when Patrick and I saw him, he declined to sign a book about the late Joe Hill-said it was bad mojo.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Joe isn't scheduled to be at the signing, although you could send the book to him.
    I do know when Patrick and I saw him, he declined to sign a book about the late Joe Hill-said it was bad mojo.
    My mistake. So the third "King" is Owen?

I haven't seen any discussion as to the venue of the signing. It is a church, isn't it? Any chance it is the one Naomi is involved with? Otherwise, I wonder why a church?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I wondered the same think about King's daughter. My understanding is she is a Lutheran minister, and the venue is The Lutheran Church of the Reformation. A quick browsing of their website does not show Naomi listed as a minister there.

Gunslinger Apprentice idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The reading is part of the PEN/Faulkner reading series, which is traditionally held at the Folger Shakespeare Library. The church is right across the street. I'm guessing they went w/ the church to accomodate a larger crowd. The reception is at the library.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the clarification.

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wondered the same think about King's daughter. My understanding is she is a Lutheran minister, and the venue is The Lutheran Church of the Reformation. A quick browsing of their website does not show Naomi listed as a minister there.
    She is actually a Reverend at a Unitarian Universalist Congregation in my birthplace of Ft. Lauderdale, FL (well, Plantation, FL, a suburb):

http://www.riverofgrass.org/minister.htm
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Quote Originally Posted by goheat View Post
    She is actually a Reverend at a Unitarian Universalist Congregation in my birthplace of Ft. Lauderdale, FL (well, Plantation, FL, a suburb):

http://www.riverofgrass.org/minister.htm
    Thanks for the info and the link. I clicked on the link "Unitarian Universalism" and got to a page titled "About Unitarian Universalism". What a strange church this is. Sort of a "roll your own" set of beliefs. VERY strange, IMO.

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks to those of you who responded to my request about Tabitha and Owens books. I think i will try and get Small World and Caretakers by Tabitha, and it seems that Owen ony has one book available, so maybe i will just get 2 copies of that signed.
    Thanks again

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Has someone compiled a list of who is attending from this site?

Second, are we going to try to meet up before the event somewhere?

I plan to drive from CT. MapQuest says it will take 5 hours, but it is on a FRiday, so I can probably add to the 5 hrs. I am picking my son up from school at 12, so with any luck we can be there by 6:30 for an 8pm event. There are no assigned seats. One can argue that if you sit towards the back, you can be one of the first in line for the book signing following the event (across the street, and they won't let you in until the readings have concluded). Thoughts anyone?

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

There is a list going on the SKMB for all of them Wiz but I am not sure if we have here.

We'll start an official thread for it now that its so close.

Dora and I will be touring the monuments all day and plan to be at the ticket office around 5PM. Your idea of sitting in the back is very appealing to me so we may do that to make sure we get out quick. Would love to meet up before if possible.

After, I am trying to do a thing with everyone at the Le Bon Cafe. Its about a city block down from the Fogler--for coffee and what not.

the green arrow is the ticket booth
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    There is a list going on the SKMB for all of them Wiz but I am not sure if we have here.

We'll start an official thread for it now that its so close.

Dora and I will be touring the monuments all day and plan to be at the ticket office around 5PM. Your idea of sitting in the back is very appealing to me so we may do that to make sure we get out quick. Would love to meet up before if possible.

After, I am trying to do a thing with everyone at the Le Bon Cafe. Its about a city block down from the Fogler--for coffee and what not.

the green arrow is the ticket booth
    Cool Matt, but I think it is going to be VERY late when the event ends. I do not know how long the reading is scheduled to last but if it goes to 9:30, the signing will take another 2 hours I would think. And <shudder>, I wonder if King will stay the entire stretch if it starts getting late.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

edit

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

That is why I couched the comment in advance and then added a spolier tag.
    If you really feel it is still inappropriate, PM me and I will remove it.

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I have the event ticket and the plane ticket but I am waiting until thursday to see if my doctor says it's OK to go. I spent 8 days in the hospital for an infection and still have a 4" wide X 4" deep wound in my chest (I have not had the best of luck lately, last stay in the hospital cost me my house in CA, this time I had just changed jobs so the new health insurance has not started )

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

hope you are goingto b ok...hugs
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by oy-the-brave View Post
    I have the event ticket and the plane ticket but I am waiting until thursday to see if my doctor says it's OK to go. I spent 8 days in the hospital for an infection and still have a 4" wide X 4" deep wound in my chest (I have not had the best of luck lately, last stay in the hospital cost me my house in CA, this time I had just changed jobs so the new health insurance has not started )
    <Wiz crosses fingers and hopes to meet up with his friend Dave in DC this time>

Good luck Dave. Hope the news gets better!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Dave, I'm wishing you a speedy recovery. Hope you can make it out to the Three Kings. Wish I could join you all.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I really hope you are okay too Dave, would love to get a chance to meet you.

As for me, I have decided!

I am taking a copy of Blaze and my DTVII AE

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I really hope you are okay too Dave, would love to get a chance to meet you.

As for me, I have decided!

I am taking a copy of Blaze and my DTVII AE
    Matt-
    Nice choices my friend.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you sir!

I'm really relieved to have finally made the decision.

Can't wait to meet up.

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

wish i could say i was relieved to have made the decision on what to bring !! I can't decide, i have told my self i have decided numerous times, onlyto rethink it and change things up. Thinking of my gunslinger and duma, but blaze is also a close third !!! not to mention carrie, salem's, shift etc...
    wishi could justhave King over to my house to sign a bunch (all) of my 1st editions !!

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by namelessnpoor View Post
    wish i could say i was relieved to have made the decision on what to bring !! I can't decide, i have told my self i have decided numerous times, onlyto rethink it and change things up. Thinking of my gunslinger and duma, but blaze is also a close third !!! not to mention carrie, salem's, shift etc...
    wishi could justhave King over to my house to sign a bunch (all) of my 1st editions !!
    Invite him over when you see him, see what he says!

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Ms. Mod on the SKMB is saying that Bachman books might be hard to get a sig on (since he is dead). I am taking a back up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 158 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 108 ... LastLast