Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Strange Food Combos or Cravings

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Strange Food Combos or Cravings

Got any?

I mentioned in another thread that every couple of years or so I just have to eat a burnt match....I know I know!

Something else I stumbled upon was Bacon Salt on Vanilla ice cream. Okay, it was a dare but OMFG it's good!!!

Couple of weeks ago I made a ham sandwich with bacon. Not as strange as it sounds!

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I put sugar on my cottage cheese
    I sometimes mix peas in my mashed potatoes, and when I was little I ate a handful of fish food flakes as a dare...not as bas as you'd think. They're pretty bad, but not horrible

Also, I'm dying to try fish fingers and custard...any Whovians on here know why I've heard it's actually pretty good.

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

I've had bacon and chocolate together which was surprisingly awesome. I'm not sure if a lot of people do this, but my mom sometimes makes carrots with butter, cinnamon, and brown sugar. They are amazing. And whenever we order pizza, later on in the night I'll eat a left over piece and then drink a glass of orange juice. I think I literally do this every time we eat pizza, which is really weird but I love it
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I've had pancakes with onion in them, they were surprisingly not that bad

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

If I eat mashed potatoes or corn, I have to mix it with BBQ sauce.

I also put ketchup on my scrambled eggs.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

I like mustard on my scrambled eggs.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Gunslinger Apprentice maerlyns_rainbow is on a distinguished road maerlyns_rainbow's Avatar

I love mustard (and cheese!) in my chili. Mmmmm makes me want some right now.
    As the scorpion said to the maiden as she lay dying, "You knowed I was poison when you picked me up." Jonas, WaG

We're all mad here!--The Cheshire Cat

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

My husband puts grape jelly on his mac n cheese (ugh)

I like a grilled cheese and bacon sammich!!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

@alkanto: I love cottage cheese right out of the container! I also love it with a ton of black pepper and jalapenos

There's a deli here (Jason's Deli) that has a great Irish potato soup. I love it as a dip for, what else, potato chips.

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by alkanto View Post
    I put sugar on my cottage cheese
    <clip>
    What alkanto said. I also like cottage cheese with blackcurrant or strawberry jam.

Cheddar cheese sandwiches with raspberry/strawberry or, in a pinch, any other kind of berry or fruit jam.

@ICry4Oy - great thread idea, btw.
    If you are going through hell - keep going

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

cottage cheese with strawberry jam rocks

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    cottage cheese with strawberry jam rocks
    Mmmmmm, definitely.

Also, I love ricotta with honey and cinnamon. So good.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

yes... yes...

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

summer sausage and peanut butter on pumpernickel...awesome

Gunslinger Apprentice ErinPatricia is on a distinguished road ErinPatricia's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

chocolate covered bacon is good.
    there was a bar that I used to frequent that had a PB&J Burger. It was fabulous.
    I lurk, therefore I am.

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

of course i love ye olde bacon and sausage dipped in syrup. But I don't think that's particularly strange. Everyone finds out about how delicious that is the first time they're served pancakes with some bacon on the side.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

That's the sort of thing I'm going to order straight away if I ever come to the US, because it sounds weird as fuck

Cottage cheese with jam sounds quite groovy, I may have to try that!

Country
    Country Flag

there's nothing really weird about it; sweet and savory go very well together. Just think of very, very sweet tea, or coffee, and a piece of salt salmon on a slice of white bread... with butter... mmmmmmm................. the principle is the same

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I just mean that bacon and syrup seems to be the norm in the US, whereas here bacon is either part of a fry up or in a bacon roll. I mix sweet and savoury often

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    I just mean that bacon and syrup seems to be the norm in the US, whereas here bacon is either part of a fry up or in a bacon roll.
    yes, but who cares what you do alone... in your kitchen... with the doors locked and the curtains drawn.............

::promptly shuts up::

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

We may be sharing the same kitchen!!

Country
    Country Flag

om nom AlishaRiley is on a distinguished road AlishaRiley's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

I wrapped candy floss around a blueberry muffin once.
    Sweetness overload - I thought I might die.

Also, a chocolate bar. In the microwave. With cheese...I still don't know whether it was good or really bad. Maybe I should try it when I'm not stoned...
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I was watching a cooking show at my sister's the other day and they made fudge out of cheese(velveta or processed cheese) and peanut butter or something like that....it looked awesome.

Does whatever a spiderman does.