Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The great LOST rewatch -- interested ?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it's bloody brilliant. Going forward, and as the rewatch date nears, we should each post our ideal time. Even though we're all going to be operating on different time zones, I'd love it if we were able to synch up and watch it at the same time.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Then I was thinking I could randomly assign Lost character names (to anyone wanting to play) and we use our characters for forum games, or episode based games like - whichever characters name is mentioned the most that week, or wears something blue that week etc, gets a special "Lostie Of The Week" combo to use. And then, if chat's back up, or we use a free chat like JB found, we can try and rewatch eps together whilst being online and have drinking games like, everytime a character says "Others" or "Dharma" etc, you take a drink.

What do you think?
    Awesome, Lisa! I'd be all for that.

An idea I just had (branching off of yours) is that pre- re-watch, we divide into 2-3 "teams/groups" such as Dharma, 815ers, Others, etc. and collaborate with our other team members in doing trivia challeeges or other activities like you were suggesting.

Another idea: would anyone be interested in setting up a blog for our re-watch that we'll all have access to? Anyone could post episode/character analysis, findings, etc. If there's enough positive feedback, I wouldn't mind setting it up as the time draws closer.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I worship at your temple of Lost geekdom!! I'd be totally up for compiling trivia quizzes and stuff and I think that's an awesome idea with the teams

You needn't start a separate off site blog, you could open a companion thread in this forum and blog there - I think that would be really cool!

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

All of this sounds absolutely freaking awesome. I'm so excited for this!
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Cheers Feev

I was thinking first of all that I'd find all the old links to the online Lost stuff like the Hanso Foundation and the Orientation clips, stuff that wasn't in the show but was endorsed by the producers, I'll try and link us if possible at the same time during our rewatch as they appeared at the time. There were quite a few where you had to solve puzzles to get the info, it was really cool.

Then I was thinking I could randomly assign Lost character names (to anyone wanting to play) and we use our characters for forum games, or episode based games like - whichever characters name is mentioned the most that week, or wears something blue that week etc, gets a special "Lostie Of The Week" combo to use. And then, if chat's back up, or we use a free chat like JB found, we can try and rewatch eps together whilst being online and have drinking games like, everytime a character says "Others" or "Dharma" etc, you take a drink.

What do you think?
    Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I think it's bloody brilliant. Going forward, and as the rewatch date nears, we should each post our ideal time. Even though we're all going to be operating on different time zones, I'd love it if we were able to synch up and watch it at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Awesome, Lisa! I'd be all for that.

An idea I just had (branching off of yours) is that pre- re-watch, we divide into 2-3 "teams/groups" such as Dharma, 815ers, Others, etc. and collaborate with our other team members in doing trivia challeeges or other activities like you were suggesting.

Another idea: would anyone be interested in setting up a blog for our re-watch that we'll all have access to? Anyone could post episode/character analysis, findings, etc. If there's enough positive feedback, I wouldn't mind setting it up as the time draws closer.
    oh my god oh my god oh my god

you have no idea how much i love you guys, i get ribbed constantly for my geekiness, and then i come in here and its like i have come home

i can't wait till january now, it sounds better than christmas

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I worship at your temple of Lost geekdom!! I'd be totally up for compiling trivia quizzes and stuff and I think that's an awesome idea with the teams
    Gracias.

:
    You needn't start a separate off site blog, you could open a companion thread in this forum and blog there - I think that would be really cool!
    Sounds good to me!

Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    you have no idea how much i love you guys, i get ribbed constantly for my geekiness, and then i come in here and its like i have come home
    I totally understand.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Cheers Feev

I was thinking first of all that I'd find all the old links to the online Lost stuff like the Hanso Foundation and the Orientation clips, stuff that wasn't in the show but was endorsed by the producers, I'll try and link us if possible at the same time during our rewatch as they appeared at the time. There were quite a few where you had to solve puzzles to get the info, it was really cool.

What do you think?
    I think as long as you're doing all the work, it's AWESOME!!

Country
    Country Flag

PS, I got dibs on John Locke for my random name assignment.

Country
    Country Flag

PS, here's everything that John Locke ever wrote, archived in one place. :O

http://oll.libertyfund.org/?option=c...=131&Itemid=28

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice doh is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

, and january sounds good for me... are we doing before or after the Oregon Ducks win (fingers crossed) the (mythical) national championship?

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

If we're doing names I call Miles.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm a girl, but I want to be Martin Keamy.... is this a problem?

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Great choice.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you! Miles is also a good choice! I always liked his borderline deviant, self-motivating personality. He's a 'what's in it for me' kind of guy.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

do we get to choose our own names or will Darkers hand them out?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I think she's going to randomly assign them ...

Lisa ?

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think she's going to randomly assign them ...

Lisa ?
    As long as I'm not kate or jack....

Super Saiyan Mark is on a distinguished road Mark's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm interested, very interested, i've been looking to do a LOST rewatch for a while
    2:45 am- 11th February 2008- I Finished The Dark Tower

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Well now's your chance !

I can't wait, personally. Discussing and debating the intricacies of each episode now that we (well , most of us anyway) have had a gander at the bigger picture should prove a truly rewarding experience.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep, names picked randomly otherwise everyone's going to want to be Mr Black

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I wanna be Frogurt

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

A special exception will be made in your case!

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I wanna be Frogurt
    I do not like him.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

A special exception will be made in your case!
    Quote Originally Posted by haunted.lunchbox View Post
    I wanna be Frogurt
    I do not like him.
    For a deeper sense of immersion, my responses in the rewatch threads will draw inspiration from Frogurt's extreme level of annoyance.

"Why are you guys talking about other seasons here !? Why won't you quote me !? I'M HUNGRY!"

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast