Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What sets us apart from other King fan sites?

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Default What sets us apart from other King fan sites?

I wanted to establish this thread to list the things that set this site apart from others. It will be a nice one-shop-stop for those looking to compare and decided. So here we go.

What sets TheDarkTower.com apart

Community--the heart of the site...Palaver message board

Our administration and members believe in community and open discussion. On our message board you will find unique topics that are not covered anywhere else, in most cases. All organized in a way that makes it easy to browse and find information.

Dark Tower Trivia and Games

Community and dedication is what really sets us apart

Site pages dedicated to Stephen King and this amazing series

SK News---Comic News--Tower Connections--Fan Art
    and so much more

Collectors World

We value our collectors very much and are dedicated to creating resources for everyone interested and collecting Stephen King books and related memorabilia

The King Catalog- a comprehensive and ongoing list of collectible King books. We encourage our members to add their own unique finds.

Collections Photo Gallery- TheDarkTower.com wants to see images of your collections. We have provided a gallery to upload your images and display them on the site. Images are randomly generated to populate our Collections page on the site

DTbay

Where our members have a free platform to host auctions and sell their King collectibles to other Towerjunkies. Please use at your own risk. If you would like to become a seller--please let admin know.

Information resource like no other on the internet

Towerpedia!

TheDarkTower.com's Wiki where you can find information on the characters and much more. This portion of the site is member developed and driven. Every Towerjunkie on the site is encouraged to help us build the ultimate Dark Tower wike on the internet.

Dark Tower Book Connections

Check out our sorted and listed representation of The Dark Towers relationships to other books Stephen King has written.

Admin are fans

The administration of this site visits and interacts every day. We all feel like it is very important to be on site and answer member questions and concerns as quickly as possible. Please check out our About Us page

A fan site has no greater asset than its members and they should be well taken care of.

Other fun stuff:

A member gallery where you can upload and host all your images. Please feel free to share your life and happiness with us through your personal images.

Arcade--just a distraction--non Stephen King related.

Please enjoy our site and let any member of the administration know if you have any questions, comments, concerns or suggestions.

The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I think you got everythign pretty much covered Matt. The only thing that you forgot to mention is that.... we're all a little mad here !

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I figure that is a given but it should probably be in there.

I forgot to add the member map and radio stations.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Do we have a DT-fanart page?

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

We do, not a lot in there yet but its growing.

Fan Art

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll throw this one in there...
    We have a usable interface and no slowdash problems with how the site is run.

The people here are super-duper too. I you guys.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That last one is a huge selling point and my top priority. It really needs to be in the first post.

Thanks Monte

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

and of course, I post this on a day when it looks like HostRocket is doing server maintenance.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Dtbay link in the post isn't working.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

In which post Jerome?

Gunslinger Apprentice Ikilledthecrimsonking is on a distinguished road Ikilledthecrimsonking's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

IDK just DT is awsome
    MACAIN FOR PRESIDENT

DONT VOTE HILARY

(SHES THE ANTICHRIST)

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

I see from your sign that you have found a friend here, Ikilled.. am I right?

Roland would have understood.

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

... methinks that sig should be changed.

--

Matt, you forgot to add ZONESEEK under "What makes this site so great".

"You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Well put Matt

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ZoNeSeeK View Post
    ... methinks that sig should be changed.
    I think so also. Sigs should not be an opportunity to slam other members. I haven't decided if that sig above is intended to be funny or not. *shrugs*

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

*shrugs*

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

*shrugs*

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

We're discussing the sig in question you guys. It has not gone without notice.

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Matt's on the case

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

The administration of this site visits and interacts every day. We all feel like it is very important to be on site and answer member questions and concerns as quickly as possible. Please check out our About Us page
    Man, 5 days with no Internet! I MISSED YOU GUYS!!!!!!!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

We missed you too Daggers!!! Pucker up...

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

daggers, chat hasn't been the same without you!

fuck. i just lost the game.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, sj.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

no problem, patrick, m'dear.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Glad to be back - and thanks, sj, now I lost the game too!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast