Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen King Dollar Babies

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

the raft? that'd be cool.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

The Raft has already been done in Creepshow 2, so it isn't available.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Paranoid-a Chant

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pMwSqqc9Ws"]YouTube - Paranoid: A Chant[/ame]

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Cain Rose Up - By Jeven Dovey

Hello.

I'd like to introduce Jeven Dovey. He's the man behind the upcomming dollar baby "CAIN ROSE UP", currently in pre-production. If he manages to raise the funds the production will start this month.
    Give him a good welcome!

Nice project, by the way! No adaptations of this short stories have been made before!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Hello.

I'd like to introduce Jeven Dovey. He's the man behind the upcomming dollar baby "CAIN ROSE UP", currently in pre-production. If he manages to raise the funds the production will start this month.
    Give him a good welcome!

Nice project, by the way! No adaptations of this short stories have been made before!
    ...and I assume since you're welcoming him he's joined the site???
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Traveler Jdovey is on a distinguished road

Hey everyone,

It has been really crazy trying to put everything together. I finally have a finished script and am looking into funding and casting. Right now there is prospects of Bret Harrison, from Reaper, to play my lead. However I might need to push back production because he is swamped with other shows.

Right now I'm trying to find ways to raise funds. If anyone has any ideas that would be greatly appreciated. Its hard because I am going to school and finishing three films right now. Hopefully by the end of February I will have everything done and can focus on Cain Rose Up.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Just bought Skeleton Crew and this story is after The Monkey. How long is this going to be? Isn't it only about 12 pages long?
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

It's probably going to be a 15 to 20 minute film.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jdovey View Post
    Hey everyone,

It has been really crazy trying to put everything together. I finally have a finished script and am looking into funding and casting. Right now there is prospects of Bret Harrison, from Reaper, to play my lead. However I might need to push back production because he is swamped with other shows.

Right now I'm trying to find ways to raise funds. If anyone has any ideas that would be greatly appreciated. Its hard because I am going to school and finishing three films right now. Hopefully by the end of February I will have everything done and can focus on Cain Rose Up.
    Hey Jdovey, welcome to the site. Great to meet you.

I hope the project comes together, this is something I would like to see. Let me know if there is anything this site can do to help.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

The big thing is finding ways to raise money for the film. So if people have ideas on how to raise money that would be the biggest help right now.

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am going to go ahead and merge this with the existing Dollar Baby thread, since we are not focusing on Dollar Baby films at this time for this catalog. Once we have the catalog up, running, and wikified we will then begin the process of creating articles for DBs. I'll leave a two-day redirect so that people know where the thread has gone.
    Heng Dai

Traveler DarkHarvest is on a distinguished road

Hello Fellow King Fans! My name is Robert Kreh, and I am an Indie Film maker currently residing in Tampa Florida.
    I recently received permission from Mr. King to adapt his short story Cain Rose Up from his collection Skeleton Crew. Under the dollar baby deal, I am unable to seek traditional investment as this is a non-profit project. So I am here to ask for your help in making this a reality! Every dollar counts as I am trying to raise quite a bit of cash, but there are oppurtunities for those who donate to receive screen credit, and become part of Stephen King Dollar Baby history.

For more info, or to just check out the teaser trailer, cehck out the new site dedicated to the project:

www.cainrising.com

I appreciate all of your support, and I am dedicated to producing a short film that is faithful to Mr. Kings work.

-Robert Kreh
    www.robfilms.blogspot.com

Default Cain Rose Up update

Hey Everyone, I only need to raise $3000 more to make this a reality! If I can manage to raise this amount, Then I could be shooting by next fall/winter!

www.cainrising.com

Donate a little, donate alot, donate whatever you can! I greatly appreciate the support, every dollar counts, and the genorosity of those who have donated already. LET'S MAKE THIS A REALITY!

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

DarkHarvest - are you and Jdovey the same person?

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Isn't it against site rules to be signed up with two different names?
    Maybe I imagined this....

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

It is indeed

But the automated systems has not tagged this instance as such.

Default Sorry for the misunderstanding

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    Isn't it against site rules to be signed up with two different names?
    Maybe I imagined this....
    First let me clear up that Jeven Dovey and I are not the same people. We both are making adaptations of the same story (yeah confusing I am sure), and I didn't even realize until now that he had previously posted here (Sorry Jeven... didn't mean to infringe on your territory)...

And that brings me to my next topic. It has been brought to my attention my the administration of the site that many members do not appreciate my "solicitation" of this forum, so I just wanted to respond by saying the same thing I told them:

"I apologize, it appears I over stayed my welcome. I did not mean to be a nuisance, but as a indie film maker, I have learned to promote myself any and every way possible.

I am sure you can imagine how tough it is to fund a non-profit film, as I cannot seek investments or other avenues of funding other than donations. And with the understandable hesitance of people to donate. I am just trying to make the best damn dollar baby I can, with as little as possible.

Thanks to all of you for your patience, and this really is a great site you have going"

Robert Kreh
    www.robfilms.blogspot.com
    www.cainrising.com

Gunslinger Apprentice DanishCollector will become famous soon enough

I saw on stephenkingshortmovies.com about the two upcoming versions of the same story, so I can attest Jeven and Robert are not the same person.

It isn't the first time, nor the last, that the same story will be optioned as a dollar-baby. There's also two versions of Night Surf being done, and think of all the versions of All That You Love Will Be Carried Away that has been done.

Kreh, I can't help with the donation, but I've read about you (Googled you
    that is) and am looking forward to your project, and I hope it will all succeed.

Thanks DanishCollector, I appreciate your support amd kind words. Add me on myspace and You will be one of the first to know as this thing progresses.

www.myspace.com/robfilms

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

The director of In the Deathroom sent me some pictures from the set, which can be seen at my message board

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool set pic Bev, thanks for linking those.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Default New Dollar Baby - You missed Sonja

"Rest Stop" Dollarbaby aus Deutschland | Werde Teil davon!
    German Dollarbaby - be a part of it....

First point, i have nothing to do with this, but i think it sounds interesting.

First the German original message, then the short translation:

Hallo zusammen.

Dank des Kingforums und einiger befreundeter Webseiten sind wir, Filmstudenten aus Potsdam-Babelsberg, auf die Idee gekommen, den ersten deutschen Stephen King Film zu machen. In Form eines Dollar-Babies. Danke erstmal an dieses Forum und die aktiven Mitglieder.

Als Grundlage haben wir uns "Rest Stop" ausgesucht und werden diesen Film Anfang September in Brandenburg drehen.
    Wir versuchen aus der Geschichte eine wirklich spannende Version mit einem guten Ende zu machen.
    Wir hoffen, dass uns das gelingen wird.

Da wir schon das Bedürfnis haben, einen repräsentativen und beeindruckenden Film zu machen, den SK am Ende auch zu sehen bekommt, sind wir auf der Suche nach einigen Fans, die uns im kleinen Stile unterstützen wollen und können.

Es klingt ein wenig absurd und ich hoffe, hier nicht auf Unmut zu stoßen.
    Aber wie ihr euch vorstellen könnt, haben Filmstudenten nicht wirklich viel Geld zur Verfügung, um solche Projekte zu realisieren. Und da wir unseren Film komplett bei Nacht und mit beeindruckenden Bildern ausstatten wollen, treten wir an euch heran.

Wir wollen jedes Mitglied im Stephen King Forum aufrufen, 1€ zu spenden.

Wozu das Ganze?
    Es soll eine Szene geben, die nicht den Rastplatz, sondern die Tankstelle, an der wir drehen werden, etabliert.
    Hier wird unser Schriftsteller auf die Personen aus der Toilette treffen.

Auf der gesamten Tankstelle wollen wir einen speziellen Kamerawagen, einen so genannten Dolly, einsetzen, der besonders spannende und fesselnde Bilder realisieren wird.
    Leider kostet dieser Dolly knapp 600€ für den Drehzeitraum.

Jetzt dachten wir uns, dass wir einen offiziellen Aufruf im Forum starten, dass jedes Mitglied 1€ spendet, um diese Szene zu realisieren.

Als Dank planen wir jedes Mitglied, dass sich an der Aktion beteiligt hat, namentlich im Abspann zu nennen und somit mit minimalen Einsatz Teil des Films wird.
    Außerdem würde wir euch namentlich auf unserer kommenden Webseite zum Film nennen.

Wäre es nicht toll, wenn ihr als Stephen King Fans in einem Film auftaucht und mit realisiert habt, der
    a) ein guter deutscher Dollar-Baby wird (zumindest erhoffen wir uns das)
    b) vom Meister persönlich auch noch gesehen wird?

Das klingt absurd. Ich weiß. Aber wenn nur ein Viertel der in diesem Forum angemeldeten Mitglieder eine 1€ Spende tätigt, können wir es schaffen.

Wer sich auf diese Sache einlassen möchte, der schreibt mir doch bitte eine persönliche Nachricht. Ich würde euch dann die Projektmappe zukommen lassen, damit ihr euch einen Eindruck unseres Films machen könnt.

Da wir bereits am 10. September 2010 anfangen zu drehen, läuft diese Aktion bis zum 9. September 2010 um 21:00.

Ich hoffe auf euer reges Interesse und bin bei Fragen und Anmerkungen immer offen für Alles.

Beste Grüße aus Berlin,

Paul

Über höhere Spenden freuen wir uns natürlich auch immer wieder gerne.

Short translation
    German Babelsberg Film Studio Students start to produce
    Germany´s first Stephen King Dollar Baby. ´RESTSTOP´
    Production start: 09.09.10
    But they need for the rent of a DOLLY a little bit MORE money.
    They say: Who can spend 1 euro or more ;-) on our account till 08.09.10
    every persons name comes to the closing credits of the movie and on the upcoming webpage.

Bank datas:

Paul Andexel
    Kto-Nr: 427148200
    BLZ: 20041155
    bei Comdirect
    DollarBaby "RestStop"

When you spend money pls sent to this mail add a mail with your datas:
    paul@paulandexel.com

From this page, everybody can load down the production-map datas:
    http://www.impressionsfabrik.de/Impr...phen_King.html

For questions: paul@paulandexel.com
    Last edited by Stockerlone; 11-19-2012 at 05:53 AM.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

This is either a ripoff, or a great idea-perhaps both.
    A sucker is born every day.
    What the heck, I sent 2 Euros.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Shouldn't this be moved up into The Oracle?

John

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Shouldn't this be moved up into The Oracle?

John
    I think so, but worry that if it's a fraud, members might see us as endorsing the venture.
    I'll send it up and label it as a 'Caution'.

It also adds a small bit of serendipity to Calvin's Corner.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast