Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Best TV Series of All Time (BTVSAT)

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I admit I'd rather have He-Man nominated than Thundercats or G.I. Joe. (And I sure hope y'all don't make me regret mentioning that out loud.)

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

I must say - thank you so much, pablo, for running this entire poll.

I'm having a great time, even though - often, I want to kill people!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You're quite welcome. It's fun, isn't it.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Oh, I love it.
    I love the back and forth.
    I love the surprises.
    I love that it drives me nuts!

Sincerely, it's a ton of work, and you're doing a great job. Take a bow !
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay, more nominations:

Diff'rent Strokes
    Night Court
    Newhart
    The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles
    3rd Rock From the Sun
    The Dead Zone
    Smallville
    Desperate Housewives
    30 Rock

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Okay, more nominations:

Diff'rent Strokes
    Night Court
    Newhart
    3rd Rock From the Sun
    The Dead Zone
    Smallville
    Desperate Housewives
    30 Rock
    Wholesale second. Anyone care to second any of the ones I nominated on the previous page?

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I just wanted to go ahead and throw out for the challenger series some of my favorite recent series that had fallen by the wayside during the main nominating process.

Californication
    Deadwood
    Hung
    Nurse Jackie
    Oz
    Penn & Teller: Bullshit!
    Prison Break
    Rome
    Sleeper Cell
    The Life & Times of Tim
    The Ren & Stimpy Show
    United States of Tara
    Weeds
    I second OZ, loves it, House

I didn't know things had to get seconded. If I belong to a forum based on a book series I should probably learn how to read.

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Okay, more nominations:

Wholesale second. Anyone care to second any of the ones I nominated on the previous page?
    TYIJC thirded with great enthusiasm.

Also thirding Californication.

Nominating:
    Scrubs
    Babylon 5 (don't judge me! )
    Bones
    CSI (Question: do we lump all CSI series together or nominate them separately?)
    Alias
    If you are going through hell - keep going

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

How many spaces are left?

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Nominating:

Jericho

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

A'right, I decided to count up the nominees so far for this division myself. Here's a complied list so far, shows not marked with an * have not been seconded, and will not be entered in the polls unless they are. Before anyone nominates any more, check this list and also the MASTER LIST OF NOMINEES which already have been or are being voted on in the main division, and thus not eligible to challenge.

Spaced *
    Home Improvement
    Get a Life
    Beverly Hills 90210
    The Office
    Californication *
    Deadwood *
    Hung
    Nurse Jackie
    Oz *
    Prison Break
    Rome *
    Sleeper Cell
    The Life & Times of Tim
    The Ren & Stimpy Show *
    United States of Tara
    Weeds
    Fraggle Rock
    Gilmore Girls
    House *
    Little Mosque on the Prairie
    The Worst Week of My Life
    Misfits *
    Grey's Anatomy
    Aeon Flux *
    He-Man and the Masters of the Universe *
    Golden Girls *
    Diff'rent Strokes *
    Night Court *
    Newhart *
    The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles *
    3rd Rock From the Sun *
    The Dead Zone *
    Smallville *
    Desperate Housewives *
    30 Rock *
    Scrubs
    Babylon 5
    Bones
    Alias
    Jericho

That's 20 so far, 20 spots left to fill. So, I hereby second Weeds and Fraggle Rock. 18 spots left.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Second Office, the old 90210

Country
    Country Flag

Bracket 4 of Round 2 just closed. The rest will close on Wednesday. That means that our next round, the Quarterfinals, will commence on Monday, January 3rd. It's one-on-one from here on out, so should be pretty exciting!

Country
    Country Flag

Also, with Bracket 4 closing we now have our Quarterfinal matchups set for the 1950s through the 1980s. Man, it's gonna be tough

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

A bunch of my favorite shows got booted in round 2. I've still got a couple to root for in the 80's though.

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

A'right, I decided to count up the nominees so far for this division myself. Here's a complied list so far, shows not marked with an * have not been seconded, and will not be entered in the polls unless they are. Before anyone nominates any more, check this list and also the MASTER LIST OF NOMINEES which already have been or are being voted on in the main division, and thus not eligible to challenge.

Spaced *
    Home Improvement
    Get a Life
    Beverly Hills 90210
    The Office
    Californication *
    Deadwood *
    Hung
    Nurse Jackie
    Oz *
    Prison Break
    Rome *
    Sleeper Cell
    The Life & Times of Tim
    The Ren & Stimpy Show *
    United States of Tara
    Weeds
    Fraggle Rock
    Gilmore Girls
    House *
    Little Mosque on the Prairie
    The Worst Week of My Life
    Misfits *
    Grey's Anatomy
    Aeon Flux *
    He-Man and the Masters of the Universe *
    Golden Girls *
    Diff'rent Strokes *
    Night Court *
    Newhart *
    The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles *
    3rd Rock From the Sun *
    The Dead Zone *
    Smallville *
    Desperate Housewives *
    30 Rock *
    Scrubs
    Babylon 5
    Bones
    Alias
    Jericho

That's 20 so far, 20 spots left to fill. So, I hereby second Weeds and Fraggle Rock. 18 spots left.
    Prison Break Seconded

Country
    Country Flag

All matchups for the Quarterfinals are set! We begin January 3rd. Happy New Year to all!

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, pablo, for doing a great job keeping track of all of this
    Happy New Year to you, too.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Just throwing a handful of shows out for nominations.

Mythbusters
    Rowan and Martin’s Laugh-In
    Who’s Line is it Anyway
    American Chopper
    Undercover Boss
    Gangland
    Lockup
    Diners Drive-Ins and Dives
    Unwrapped
    How I Met Your Mother

Country
    Country Flag

If Mythbusters is eligible, I second it (and I'll vote for it with both hands)

Country
    Country Flag

Mattrick's post in another thread reminded me of another series that, I think, has not been nominated yet:
    ALF

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

i just can't believe some of the shows that are in the quarter finals (yes, saved by the bell i am talking to you) - compared with some that have been knocked out, just shows how random it is

Pablo you are doing a stirling job keep up the good work, i am enjoying this so much and if i tear my hair out on the choices y'all make its cause i am just passionate

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you for the kind words. I'm glad everyone is enjoying this.

Brackets 3 and 4 of the Quarterfinals will be up Monday and Wednesday. That will be it for the QF.

Country
    Country Flag

For the challenger series, I'm surprised no one nominated this: SpongeBob SquarePants. Even Stephen King listed it in his latest best TV column. It's been renewed for a ninth season, pushing it past 200 episodes: http://www.cartoonbrew.com/tv/sponge...-episodes.html

Citizen of Gilead kluker is on a distinguished road kluker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Dont know if nominations are still be taking if they are I have one for 2000's Sanctuary

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast