Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Call of Duty: Black Ops

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Call of Duty: Black Ops

Since the game is out in a few weeks I though I'd start a thread for discussion of it's pre-release and post-release.

Below is a video preview of Black Ops: Zombies. It says it contains spoilers but really, if you loved zombie mode from WaW this is a must watch.

http://kotaku.com/5677841/you-wont-b...yline=true&s=i

It's also been confirmed that quickscoping will be next to impossible. Now sniper scopes take a second to center forcing sniper to take a little extra time before shooting and no sniper rifles (a la intervention) are helpful for quickscoping. For those (like me) who have been aggravating by the rampant cheating in MW2 with quickscoping, this is welcoming news.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Gunslinger Apprentice Dagavidiab is on a distinguished road Dagavidiab's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I almost never get killed by a quickscope dude (I don't know why is that)... But I applaud this change, it takes away something that is impossible in real combat, and make the game a little more realistic.

About the Zombies.........
    Is to bad I have to wait a couple of weeks after the release date to get this game....
    CoD Black Ops

WAIT, those aren't Nazies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Dagavidiab; 11-01-2010 at 07:24 AM. Reason: The last line... :piss off:

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Meh i'm not that botherd about the zombies, it's all about the online game play for me - the biggest thing is for the maps to be varied and inventive!

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

The zombies were the only think I liked about WaW. I mean, that was one intense game!

I've pre-ordered Black Ops... so the countdown beings. At least one of my friends is taking the day off to start playing ASAP. I don't think I'll be doing that, but I will be online the moment I get home from work.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I always play the campaign before I go online. Will probably check out zombies first too.

I was king of zombie mode in WaW so lets see if I can continue my legacy.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

You sound like the king of everything to be honest!

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm good at things but I truly am the king of zombie mode. I do no glitches so no three gun glitch which everyone seems to do. I hang out by myself in mainframe in Der Rise. I tell the people in the lobby I'm the best. Because I'm still rank 15 they tell me I suck, then they eat their words. No one ever outplays me. It's common for me to have more headshots then the other players have kills.

The last game I played at round 16 I had 483 kills and 172 headshots.

More often than not I'm not even using what is considered to be the best guns. No ray guns, wunderwaffes, mg42s or brownings. I mostly use the M1 Garand, B.A.R., kar98, flamethrower or PPSH.

My round record is 37 and the other guy timed out on me , kill record is 1813 and headshot record is 427.

And then there is how I can move. I can run from one end of Der Riese to the other without firing a shot in later rounds, dodging them. I can also herd them up (about 50 plus ina group) in the Power Room like cattle by running in circles. I then run up to the catwalk and jump off, killing whoever is up there with my created horde haha. It's classic, I should film it one of these days haha.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    ... wunderwaffes...
    I read that as "wunderwaffles" - like some delicious breakfast treat from Germany.

Now I'm craving something that apparently doesn't exist.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

You wouldn't be the first.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Touche'! Well played.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger Apprentice Dagavidiab is on a distinguished road Dagavidiab's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    The zombies were the only think I liked about WaW. I mean, that was one intense game!

I've pre-ordered Black Ops... so the countdown beings. At least one of my friends is taking the day off to start playing ASAP. I don't think I'll be doing that, but I will be online the moment I get home from work.
    Take a day off, you could say you were bitten by a zombie!

I always play the campaign before I go online. Will probably check out zombies first too.

I was king of zombie mode in WaW so lets see if I can continue my legacy.
    Me too

Why I'm not surprise?

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    You sound like the king of everything to be honest!
    I thought exactly the same....

I'm good at things but I truly am the king of zombie mode. I do no glitches so no three gun glitch which everyone seems to do. I hang out by myself in mainframe in Der Rise. I tell the people in the lobby I'm the best. Because I'm still rank 15 they tell me I suck, then they eat their words. No one ever outplays me. It's common for me to have more headshots then the other players have kills.

The last game I played at round 16 I had 483 kills and 172 headshots.

More often than not I'm not even using what is considered to be the best guns. No ray guns, wunderwaffes, mg42s or brownings. I mostly use the M1 Garand, B.A.R., kar98, flamethrower or PPSH.

My round record is 37 and the other guy timed out on me , kill record is 1813 and headshot record is 427.

And then there is how I can move. I can run from one end of Der Riese to the other without firing a shot in later rounds, dodging them. I can also herd them up (about 50 plus ina group) in the Power Room like cattle by running in circles. I then run up to the catwalk and jump off, killing whoever is up there with my created horde haha. It's classic, I should film it one of these days haha.
    You seems to know to much about glitches for a person how doesn't take advantages of it.... Besides, is really suspicious that you remember so much stadistics about ANY game... For example, I only remember my best perfomance in TDM (MW2) only because i did recently

My Mood
    Gay

Oh, you are not going to believe this !! Not only can I NOT take the day off - I'm on call for work all next week!! :hairpull:

So, now, as I'm playing my brand new game, I can assured to be paged in the middle of it.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Gay

No kidding!!

I'm pissed, honestly. I hate being on-call and get paged pretty much every day/evening/morning and all weekend long. It's a horribly busy week... and now it's the same week that I'd planned on dedicating to my first run through of the disc play, and getting some online stats. My first week stats are really going to suck.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dagavidiab View Post
    You seems to know to much about glitches for a person how doesn't take advantages of it.... Besides, is really suspicious that you remember so much stadistics about ANY game... For example, I only remember my best perfomance in TDM (MW2) only because i did recently

It's not hard to remember glitches, especially when people talk about them. There was a glitch in Shi No Numa where you drank a drink while getting your gun and you get multiple guns. Same thing in Der Riese where you down yourself in front of the box and while someone revives the person, they also get a gun. People can get like 8 guns this way, never ending ammo. I know about glitches because I HATE them. And in order to defeat your enemy you must understand them. For the box/revival gun glitch, I discovered if you throw four grenades at the right timing, the 'press ___ to throw back grenade' takes over command for taking your weapon. This prevented the glitch and pissed people off...I demand a clean game or I WILL make gameplay sufferable.

Also, I have a photographic memory. My rounds/kills record is saved on the game. I pride myself on headshots so I remember that one always and forever. I got it almost a year ago too.

Turtlex...that sucks big time. I hear Black Ops has more in-depth stats other than k/d, score and overall accuracy. I'm hoping for those stats, k/d for different game modes and accuracy for each gun. By the by, I got my accuracy up to 19.55% last night! My goal is 20%. Which is awesome considering I don't use snipers. Hopefully with the return of iron sight bolt actions I will in Black Ops. I'm also officially done my ninth prestige. No more levels in MW2 I can't get my copy until the 14th so we're about even.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDVm8yAGNpg"]YouTube - Call of Duty: Black Ops Multiplayer - GameSpot Now Playing[/ame]

Over an hour of black ops multiplayer footage and interesting information. VERY EXCITED

They go through the menus, level unlocks, currency system, upgradeable perks, customization. They also show one game from each wager match and explain them. I'm very enthusiastic about wager match modes. Near the end of the video in gun game, they show the person try to quickscope and it wasn't working. FANTASTIC.

My Mood
    Gay

My KDR always sucks. Honestly, I love playing, but I'm just not that good. I'm all about getting trophies and emblems and stuff. I just play to play and have fun.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

My KDR is currently 1.11. Besides a little time with Cod4 and WaW...MW2 was my first console online shooter. A lot of people were more experienced and it showed. I remember when my KDR was .53 and my accuracy was 11 something.

I played COD WaW on the Wii so it's a completely different game. On Wii I was one of the top 500 players in the world and my KDR was over 2.5. Much better players on 360/PS3, that's fer sure.

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

I can remember the good days when i had MoH on the Wii and got up to 9th in Europe

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh snap you had MoHH2 as well? I got up to 78 in North America. Despite not having mics I made some good friends on MoH for Wii that I still play 360 with.

I was the master of grenade kicking. All my brother did was play sewers

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Haha yeah it was ok, pretty sad that i played so much to get so high on the leaderboard, but still fun!
    Sewers was ok, not the best map but it did have its moments!
    Really hope Black Ops maps are atleast on a par with MW2.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I think they will be just as good. I prefered WaW maps (at least DLC maps) over MW2 DLC maps. At the end of the day I really only like Storm, Bailout and Trailer Park.

I'm hoping Treyarch has some WaW maps in the DLCs. I'd love to play Hangar or Upheaval on it.

My Mood
    Gay

Hanger was the only map in WaW that I thought was any good. Mostly, I found WaW a completely waste. I couldn't stand it...

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hanger was the only map in WaW that I thought was any good. Mostly, I found WaW a completely waste. I couldn't stand it...
    Ditto ... but looking at that youtube vid there looks like there could be some good maps in Black Ops

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I loved WaW then again I do love World War II and it's weaponry. It surely wasn't as poorly conceived as MW2 was. I though WaW had some great maps though; Airfield, Outskirts, Seelow, Castle, Dome, Bonzai, Roundhouse, Corrosion, Nightfire. Overall I felt WaW DLCs greater than MW2 DLCs, zombie maps not taken into consideration.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast