Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Call of Duty: Black Ops

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

PS3 guy .... bloody microsoft grrrrrrrrrrr

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Bill Gates has enough money without taking mine ...
    ... plus, back in the day - Tomb Raider / Lara Croft was a Sony Playstation Exclusive.
    Just got notice my Black Ops has been delivered!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't get this microsoft/xbox stigma. As a video game company they do things pretty right. Not like Sony whose got such a big head on them they can barely fit into conference room. And unlike Nintendo, don't find ways to make people buy the same products over and over again. It's actually a pretty bullshit free platform. Both xbox and playstation are practically equal.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Gay

Um, okay.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

It's true

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just completed the campaign and im having a go at online

My Mood
    Gay

Go, Tom, Go Tom, Go !
    Go, Tom !!!!

The White Guy Chap is on a distinguished road Chap's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone else have it on PC?
    I'm using the clantag [19] just for fun. and so should you!
    Great game so far
    Some are born to sweet delight,

some are born to the endless night.

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yup as i said i was playing online last nigth and it's alot of fun. The few maps that i have been put on so far a great, they leave all kinds of different routed to flank the enemy. Not sure about the COD point system yet, although i haven't got to unlock all of the different customisations yet!

Gunslinger Apprentice Dagavidiab is on a distinguished road Dagavidiab's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Chap View Post
    Anyone else have it on PC?
    I'm using the clantag [19] just for fun. and so should you!
    Great game so far
    Sorry, my clan tag is and as long its allowed, Bong.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Installing Black Ops Now

My Mood
    Gay

Ugh.
    Major issues at work, so haven't had a chance to get online much ( about two hours total, over the last week!! ) and honestly - I'm going to have some unkind things to say about this stupid ass purchasing system that Black Ops uses. I hate it.
    More to come when I have the time to vent properly.
    Oh - and I'll give good money to the coder who comes up with a "MUTE ALL" button on any COD title!!

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Im quite liking the new payment system now i have played for a while, i can get the attachements for new guns straight away

Citizen of Gilead kluker is on a distinguished road kluker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

husband 'prestiged' on PS3, his ID is CatatonicFiend

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Already ... wow ... i got the AK-47 last night and i think i'm level 39
    I have been playing way too much, going to give it a miss tonight!

My Mood
    Gay

Tom? You actually like that payment systems?

I think that's the major thing in my way of enjoying this new game. I hate it.

I feel like some Sprite in one of those RPG games where I have to earn gold coins to buy magic spells or something! I keep wanting to scream - "This is a shooter! Let me rank up, and earn guns and shoot!!! - I don't want to go SHOPPING!!!! "

It's like Call of Duty:ShoppingOps.

And having to purchase challenges? And they're timed?!??!

Oh, and the amount of time it takes you to customize a weapon, with having to purchase things and confirm and then apply ... it takes too long. I think Treyarch is trying too hard to be NOT like MW2.

And the single player game? What is with all those MTV quick cuts and rapid picture change crap? It give me a headache and makes me want to skip over the storytelling... not that it's that good, but I like to follow a story and get involved. I'm not sure I even like Mason as this point.

So far, this girl is NOT IMPRESSED.

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmmmmmmmm did you really not like the campaign? I honestly think that it's a much better story that either MW title!

You do only get different guns when you level up just like MW2, the difference is that when you unlock the gun you have to buy it and then buy the add ons. Like with killstreaks, i like that from the first few levels i can buy and choose the ones i want unlike having to wait agess in the rank up system.

I'm not sure Black Ops is better than MW2, i will have to play it abit more but at the moment it's definately on a par.

Oh and i really like the theatre mode to watch your game again

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Oh, and the amount of time it takes you to customize a weapon, with having to purchase things and confirm and then apply ... it takes too long. I think Treyarch is trying too hard to be NOT like MW2.
    Being an RPG fan I like menus. I've spent half hour plus long sessions in menus in games like FF12 I haven't noticed.

I'll be uploading clips to youtube soon

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Not sure im that botherd about uploading videos!

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

theatre mode is hella awesome.

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    Hmmmmmmmm did you really not like the campaign? I honestly think that it's a much better story that either MW title!

You do only get different guns when you level up just like MW2, the difference is that when you unlock the gun you have to buy it and then buy the add ons. Like with killstreaks, i like that from the first few levels i can buy and choose the ones i want unlike having to wait agess in the rank up system.

I'm not sure Black Ops is better than MW2, i will have to play it abit more but at the moment it's definately on a par.

Oh and i really like the theatre mode to watch your game again
    I loved the first COD:MW story. I loved the ending - it was awesome... that bit with the slow motion stuff. The second one was good, but not as good. So far, maybe it's the smash you in the face, blinky screen, cut crap editing that's driving me nuts. The story is okay, but those quick cuts, they're gimmicky and make me want to skip the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Being an RPG fan I like menus. I've spent half hour plus long sessions in menus in games like FF12 I haven't noticed.

Half an hour in a menu is not a selling point for me. It's a waste of time when I want to be actually gaming.

Don't get me wrong, I'm going to play - I just don't like the format Treyarch/Activision has chosen. It's too RPG like, too much like work. It's a shooter, and I prefer to spend my time shooting. I hate that challenges are timed - that's pants, frankly. I also don't like that you can re-purchase the same challenge. So, yeah, I have some issues.

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

wait untill you get the AK-47

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Half an hour in a menu is not a selling point for me. It's a waste of time when I want to be actually gaming.

Don't get me wrong, I'm going to play - I just don't like the format Treyarch/Activision has chosen. It's too RPG like, too much like work. It's a shooter, and I prefer to spend my time shooting. I hate that challenges are timed - that's pants, frankly. I also don't like that you can re-purchase the same challenge. So, yeah, I have some issues.
    I think it's all real quick an easy...faster to change camos/attachments. The fact I can buy what I want and end it is great. Usually in lobbies I've got more than enough time to tweak some classes, look at contracts and check my war record out. The most time consuming aspect to me is your player card. In actuality MW2's menus were worse. To change your camo you had to change class, pick weapon set, pick weapon, pick attachement, then select it camo. Now there are options for each...which saves you several steps. It can be easy to spend 5-10 minutes in the menus doing whatever. But you can be super fast if you want.

Challenges are not timed, contracts are. Two entirely different things. In fact, the challanges are better in this game, offering lifetime challenges to help pad your XP.

WOOOO they just gave me back 1000 CP from a Wager match that timed out. Good to know this'll happen.

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not sure if it's Black Ops, my internet connection or the PS Network but a hell of alot of games have been timing out and it has been pissing me off ALOT!!! grrrrrrrr

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast