Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Call of Duty: Black Ops

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Oh, you definitely have to find a nice spot for camping when you start the buggy. Funny note : the first time I tried it - I was up on that cliff in Jungle ... blew myself to smithereens!

Napalm is great because you get the initial hit - plus the ground stays on fire and if you happen to run into that - it gets you as well.

I have noticed with Black Ops that I am usually the only person in a match that uses a launcher ( to kill those nasty Choppers!! ) ... not sure why, but it sure seems that way.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Depends what game mode I'm in and if I'm playing with friends (aka competent people, as my random team is always terrible, even in MW2). For Free-For-All I use Spyplane, Napalm Strike and Helicopter. I've been using higher kill streaks and I earned 3 chopper gunners yesterday. Have it set up: Napalm, Helicopter, Chopper Gunner.

Going to try getting some dogs next.

Yesterday was a crazy day for me; K/D went up .10 and I've now got about 1200 more kills than deaths. Looking for grenade kill 300 today.

Also proud to say my stats say....no claymores deployed.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Traveler Leah is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Angelic

Ben Chichoski is the man! But personally I still like Call of Duty: Modern Warfare the best.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Matrick i don't see why your so dead against claymores, they are a bit of kit so why not use them!?

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Because they're cheap. Encourages camping...what's good about them besides easy ass kills?

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes i admit that they might encourage some people to camp, but i love that they add an extra dimension to the game, you have to think of a way to get around them. Personally i use them to usually protect one side of the map and attack the other in team deathmatch's and then in domination i use them to protect B while i go off after the enemy!

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

I don't really see how claymore encourage people to camp... I use them, a lot. Maybe it's because I play Domination, but actually using them there, it allows me NOT to camp. Like Tom, I can set one up at or near the flag and then it gives me a chance to actually move away from the flag ( ie - NOT camp ) and do some searching around. It's also really smart to plant one near your bomb site.

For sure you have to keep an eye open for them, and I am completely okay with that. I always laugh when I get killed by a claymore because it just means that was was running around without really thinking ... ( ie - run and gun ) and that's completely on me. I also like that they'll take out an occasional XD.

Claymore is probably my favorite perk and I'm kinda bummed that the Scavenger option no longer replenishes them ( you get ammo, frags, etc, but no more claymores ).
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Scavenger doesn't replenish them because then you would have some serious camping.

So you don't see how something you can use to kill whomever is coming in the only way into you, so you can stay sniping or whatnot out a window as encouraging camping? I'm not saying everyone uses them for camping but most do. It makes it easier to camp thus it encourages it. I'd rather camp with a camera spike, at least then I still have to actually kill people.

Claymores are simply cheap...it's a free kill you don't have to earn. Some guy on my list has deployed over 1800 claymores. That's 1800 potential free kills. No effort is needed for those kills. Thus his stats improve due these free kills. If you think you get a kill for every two claymores deployed...estimate 5 kills a game. You play a hundred games it's now 500 kills where you could have been in another room and still got. Everything else in the game requires you to do something other than put something on the ground.

C4 is way more satisfying. I capped B in Radiation the other day, set C4 in the tunnel and hid. They come around the corner, detonate them, 3 kills.

Claymores are free kills, encourage camping and teach people to rely on them for kills and to protect them. IF you go 13-9 and you had 4 claymore kills...you didn't do very well. I haven't used claymores in a year and a half. Hey, if other people need a crutch, that's fine for them. I like knowing every kill I have (aside from some killstreaks aka dogs/cobra) I actually got with my own actions.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Don't you only get one claymore per death? I only have it on wii and have only played it a bit, but that seems to be the case for me. If so, that would seem to lead to some pretty inefficient camping strategies.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

That one kill could be what gets someone a chopper gunner. One kill per life is all that is needed to pad someone stats. I've got friends who have 500 claymore kills. I've got 1315 more kills than deaths right now...not one claymore deployed. If I camp I camp with nothing but C4 or possibly a camera spike if I'm in the mood. Often though it's just me and my guns.

Not saying it's good strategy because anyone intelligent can easily bypass a claymore or hit a frag grenade and kill the camper. I like to use Ghost with Hacker for this. Easy to see guys camping with motion sensors and the like. I was in a game not more than an hour ago when everyone on the other team was camping it up with claymores and motion sensors...it was pathetic. These guys strategies are: camp, get kills, get killstreaks, get chopper gunner/gunship/dogs and go 30-3, with close to half their kills coming off killstreaks. I've earned 6 chopper gunners now, all without camping. Frankly, I think my way requires more skill and tact than sitting in a room with claymores and that is what bugs me most. I worked hard for my high level killstreaks, some guys sit in a corner, waiting for people all game. I'd like to think I play the game with some brass cajones and not like a little bitch.

If claymores were suddenly gone tomorrow from CoD forever I wouldn't care. Some people would cry like when quickscoping was taken out of it...people prefer cheap and easy.

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Haha you seem very bitter about claymores ... as i have said before i like the extra dimension that they add to the game and will continue to use them.

Oh and by the way matrick i have 15+ chopper gunners

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't hate them in this game. Unlike betties in WaW or in MW2 with scavenger/one man army. I simply refuse to use them out of principle. Between Hacker and they can't be replenished...not much to complain about. I've only died from them 44 times in like 2500 deaths, no not much to complain about. They simply SUCK in search as people who die can still get kills...what up with that.

Gunslinger Apprentice Dagavidiab is on a distinguished road Dagavidiab's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Yeah, haven't seen David around here much, but I got a bubble notice on PS saying he was online and I checked, he was in a Team Deathmatch game ... guess he's getting some gaming time in.
    I'm glad you remember me!! hahaha
    but no, I'm still waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As far as I know, the package will arrive today, and I will pick it up tomorrow morning, I'm exited!

EDIT: I was playing MW2

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Pam you haven't put any videos up yet!!!!!!!

& im looking forward to you having the game David!

Country
    Country Flag

In a few hours i will go to pick up the package where my game is (among other things....)
    A few numbers about Black Ops Counting the Cost of Call Of Duty War

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure you will love it David, just play the campaign first before going online!

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Black Ops on Veteran was ridiculously easy.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    I'm sure you will love it David, just play the campaign first before going online!
    I played a little online yesterday....
    The first two attemps resulted in: "Desconection"
    The next two, in a couple of good games

I tried Zombies too

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Black Ops on Veteran was ridiculously easy.
    So far is easy, I'm only mad with the AI in some parts.... (like the enemies being side to side with some allies WITHOUT notice them, but shooting me full force). Ah, in some parts the enemies running, shooting and hitting me, and without even know that I'm behind that "bunker"

John F. Kennedy Hammer is on a distinguished road Hammer's Avatar

if any of you play on pc visit our website

www.canadianbadboys.ca

we play black ops, MOH, and bf2bc2

hope it was ok to post a link to my clans website

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Not played on this game for ages ... still with Harcore mode would actually be Hardcore with 1 hit kills!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6