Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Alfred Hitchcock, TDT.org's The Greatest Director !

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Alfred Hitchcock, TDT.org's The Greatest Director !

You voted for him, and here he is ! The Master of Suspense was virtually an unstoppable force this tournament, knocking out cinematic heavyweights the likes of Frank Capra and Francis Ford Coppola, as well as dispatching fan favorite Christopher Nolan in the final to become TDT.org's The Greatest Director Champion !

I'd like to send a special thanks to my girl Heather for helping me organize the tournament, she was an integral part of this shindig and I couldn't have done it without her

And of course, I'd like to thank the legion of constant voters that filled each and every thread with thoughtful, exuberantly fanboyish/girlish ( ) posts ! I hope you all discovered something - a director, an actor, a movie, anything - that you wouldn't have thought to look into prior to the start of the tournament. I hope you all had as much fun participating as I had organizing it.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

And thank you Feev for running the tournament

I love these. I always find some new films to seek out. And I love the discussions they bring about.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

A big thanks to Feev and Heather. I know it's a lot of work, but we all had a great time.

Congrats to Hitch. He was my pick all the way. Nolan was on an unbelievable run there for a while, but I'm glad he didn't win. He's a great director and I hope there are more great things from him in the future. I just don't think he's the best just yet.

The best would have to be Quentin Tarantino. Right Heather?

Just kidding
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks to Fernando and Heather! Had a great time doing this. And hooray for Hitchcock!
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

thank you friends!!! Hitchcock is certainly [one of] the [three] best director[s] ever!

now, for the greatest actor/actress of all times?...

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm guessing Polanski is in there too? And Kurosawa?
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

you're absolutely correct

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Tenant View Post
    thank you friends!!! Hitchcock is certainly [one of] the [three] best director[s] ever!

Why bother, I'm sure it must be Heath Ledger.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations to Sir Alfred Hitchcock.

Glad see it!

Thanks for the fun tourney.

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post

Why bother, I'm sure it must be Heath Ledger.

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Country
    Country Flag

please please explain the joke to an outsider!

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Reflecting the support for Nolan over every other director (besides Hitch) in history, I can't see how a tourney for best actor could go any other way. The winner would likely be some recent, trendy, actor (Ledger, Bale, Viggo....etc.) and actors with countless classic performances under their belt would be dismissed.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Country
    Country Flag

but we finally got Hitchcock anyway, so there's still some hope...

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think my vote would go to either Laurence Olivier or Alec Guinness.
    Best actress....hm.....

sk

Country
    Country Flag

Alec Guinness seconded

sorry feverish... we just can't stop tournament-ing...

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Thank you so much, Feev.

And thanks to Heather for helping out, as well.

And a special thank you to all the people who participated and made this such a fun tourney for me. Whether we agreed or not, I always - always - enjoyed all of our conversations.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Country
    Country Flag

hear, hear

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd be inclined to vote for some of these guys greatest actor or all time and would be happy if anyone of them won.

Charlie Chaplin
    Humphrey Bogart
    Daniel Day Lewis
    Jack Nicholson
    Phillip Seymour Hofman
    Alec Guiness
    Robert DeNiro
    Al Pacino

We should do a DT.org Razzies also. My vote would be Mark Hamill.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Jack Nicholson can only play Jack Nicholson. He must be the most overrated actor ever!

sk

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Obviously you've never seen About Schmidt.

And I had no idea you were such close friends with Jack to know what he's like! Can you get me his autograph? Maybe the seat next to his at the Staples Center?

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

yeah RP McMurphy and Col. Jessup are practically the same characterc. And they are both carbon copies of Jack Torrence.

[ he types sarcastically]
    Sloth Love Chunk

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Obviously you've never seen About Schmidt.
    I'm impressed that you have, Mattrick. Another good example would be Terms of Endearment. I really don't believe Jack's overrated, though frik is right that he's no Laurence Olivier.

+ Reply to Thread