Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic Fans Questionnaire!

Games Mistress Lisey Landon is on a distinguished road Lisey Landon's Avatar

My Mood
    Bitchy

Niiice! I love it when fans and artists/writers get to interact on that level

3. Favorite Single Issue?

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lisey Landon View Post
    Niiice! I love it when fans and artists/writers get to interact on that level

The Sandman #27
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

2000AD Prog 701 - it contained the first episode of Hewligan's Haircut, an awesome short story arc by Peter Milligan and Jamie Hewlett.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Amazing Spider Man # 697

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Final Crisis: Legion of 3 Worlds #4
    it was the return of my fave hero Superboy
    If you love me then love me..

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Oh, this is tough.

About seven single issues, from all different kinds of comics, jumped into my head, but I think I'll have to pick X-Men # 137, which is the
    Spoiler:
    issue where we witness the death of Jean Grey / Phoenix - where she sacrifices herself to save the universe.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

My Mood
    Bitchy

That's a good one!

4. Favorite Story Arc?

My Mood
    Gay

Yes, it's part of my favorite .....

4. Favorite Story Arc?

X-Men: The Dark Phoenix Saga

Thanks for doing this challenge, Lisey. I love talking comics!

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

World's End - The Sandman

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

That's a good one!

4. Favorite Story Arc?
    The Sandman: The Kindly Ones
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

My Mood
    Gay

Sandman is awesome! Love seeing people listing that!

My Mood
    Bitchy

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    No, thank you!

5. Best Villian?

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

5. Best Villian?
    Jack The Ripper in Alan Moore's From Hell.

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    No, thank you!

5. Best Villian?
    The Joker.
    Not Hollywood Joker, though.

The Killing Joke Joker.

A Death in the Family Joker.

Arkham Asylum Joker.

Etc, etc.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I was going to put The Joker, specifically from The Killing Joke. It's Alan Moore all the way

My Mood
    Gay

5. Best Villian?

Hmmm. This is a tough one.

Galactus is pretty awesome, being a World Eater and all. Also, Kingpin from Daredevil is good. And Magneto. So is the Joker from TKJ. And The Dark Phoenix is a great villian, but I'm disqualifying her because of Jean Grey living within and overcoming the evil.

I think, ultimately, that I'm going to pick Venom.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

2. Favorite Artist and Why?

Wow, I had no idea how hard this question would be. I had to think for a few days on this, and my favorite artist is Darryl Banks. His artwork made me want to read the books he did. His artwork was the reason I started reading Green Lantern again. There's a lot of artist that I really like, but I think his work really is my favorite.

[B]3. Favorite Single Issue?[/B]
    The Amazing Spider-Man #248: The Kid Who Collects Spider-Man This was one of the most poignant pieces I have read in my entire life. I don't see that changing... ever.

4. Favorite Story Arc?
    Kingdom Come. Nuff said.

5. Best Villian?
    The Legion of Doom? This is a very intriguing question here. Do you go on how the villain has impacted the comic world around them, how smart they are, how successful, how crazy, how sane? What do you go on? Why stick with just DC and Marvel? Sure they have the biggest pool of villains to choose from, but are they the worst? What about the zombies from The Walking Dead or The Governor? What about Overlord from The Savage Dragon? With all those questions, and I think I'll go with the one who has had the largest impact. For all his size and threat, Galactus hasn't really done much to the heroes of Earth besides threaten them. Hank Henshaw helped destroy an entire city, but he's a lame character. So is Mogul btw. Darseid is actually on a different level, and I wouldn't call him a complete villain.

So I think I'm going with The Joker. He is a complete villain totally intersted in only his amusement. He has no rules and no limits. Whatever he wants is a good idea to him, and that can't be a good thing.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

My Mood
    Bitchy

6. Best Hero?

Specifically male, the ladies are up next

My Mood
    Gay

6. Best Hero?

Matt Murdock / Daredevil Comics - Daredevil was the first comic series I started reading ( and lucky me, it was during the Frank Miller runs ) and I was immediately captivated. I liked that the fought the bad guys as a lawyer, and then as a super-hero. I liked that he was so very full of angst and conflict.

I have a bunch of other favorites, but Daredevil has to top my list.

( Daredevil, Wolverine, Spidey, Gambit, Green Lantern ( Hal Jordan ), Cap, etc )

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

5. Best Villain?
    Probably Judge Death from Judge Dredd. An undead Judge from a parallel universe who has decided that, due to the fact all crime is committed by the living, life is a crime punishable by death. (To practice what he preaches he and his Dark Judge brethren underwent a procedure which effectively killed them all but brought them back as reanimated corpses.) He and the other dark judges are responsible for the complete genocide of his own world and millions in Mega City One.

Another contender, I think would be PJ Maybe. He's a super intelligent sociapathic multi-murderer who actually managed to become Mayor of Mega City One (by taking the original mayors place). Strangely he was actually very good at the job and was well loved by the citizens and respected by Judge Dredd himself (before his real identity came out).

He is a much more 3 dimensional character than than Judge Death, (as shown by the genuine affection he feels for his lover android. Yes she's a robot, but she doesn't look like one) but his cold blooded murders are all the more chilling for that. Judge Dredd has quite a small reoccurring rogues gallery as, unlike the big two heroes, he tends to kill his enemies. The Dark Judges managed it because they're effectively disembodied spirits. When their bodies are destroyed they can find another. P J is a normal human... and he's managed to stay alive. (He's in the cubes at present, managing to get around the death penalty.)

Out of the big two I'd say The Joker is probably the best villain. Is it okay that I've picked three? Heh.

Best Hero

Got to be Superman. He isn't the most interesting perhaps, but he seems to encapsulate all that a superhero should be. And that's even before you take his great powers into account. I think I prefer Batman as a character, but in the sense of being the best at being a hero, I'd go with Supers.

Actually, his sheer invulnerability makes me wonder if I should pick someone else since Superman is at less risk than most other heroes, (curious what criteria one could base 'best' on, isn't it?) but it's as much his personality as his powers that I'm basing this on. I suppose Captain America could fit that profile as he's got Superman's attitude but he is pretty low powered compared to most heroes. He's not a particular favourite character of mine, but in the encapsulation of what it is to be a hero, he is way up there. I'll stick with Superman though. He has encountered plenty of villains as strong, even stronger than himself and has almost died plenty of times. Even the (physically) weaker villains often manage to get hold of kryptonite, rendering him weaker than most people.

Best Story Arc
    Difficult to say as there are plenty I like. As a favourite rather than the favourite, I am going to go with The Ballad of Halo Jones book 3. Incidentally all three are available in one paperback volume (actually I think there's been a recent reprinting) . I'd highly recommend it if you'd like to read something a bit different. One of the least known of Alan Moore's works, but personally I think it's up there. Don't let the lack of colour in the artwork put you off.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

4. Favorite Story Arc?

The Amazing Spiderman - One More Day ... roflol , jk.

Probably the X-Men's The Messiah Complex.

5. Best Villain?

The Joker, definitely. He's Batman's opposite in every conceivable way - visually, thematically, conceptually. He represents the chaos that Batman so desperately tries to eradicate, and a threat to the order that bats strives to preserve.

6. Best Hero

Batman. I find the story of an ordinary (and by ordinary I mean no powers) man training and perfecting himself mentally and physically to battle the evil that twisted his life much more alluring and compelling than most other, super powered heroes.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

6. Best Hero?
    Slaine. I loved those stories to death when I was younger.

6. Best Hero?

Specifically male, the ladies are up next
    Mark Grayson/Invincible wins out as of late.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

6. Best Hero?

Spider-Man. With great power comes great responsibility. This was the lesson that Uncle Ben taught Peter Parker, and the lesson that was taught to many kids since the 60's. Spidey has been the eternal everyman of Marvel Comics and a far, far better hero than Superman if only by virtue of Peter having a much more realistic life with bills, woman trouble, and regular issues.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

My Mood
    Bitchy

7. Best Heroine?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast