Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Comic Fans Questionnaire!

Hybrid View

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

9. All Time Favorite "Team" ( X-Men, Avengers, JLA, etc )?

The Boys. I never was a big fan of the teams (except the X-Men) as they always felt forced. Seven individuals with individual titles, how the hell did they have time to get together? But The Boys are like the X-Men in that they were created to be a team from the beginning. There's intrigue among the members, mystery, and my man Garth Ennis directing it all. Sure he gets too outragoues with his creations from time to time, but he sure makes a compelling team dynamic.

And that is a GREAT pic for X-teams Pam. One of my favorite X-Men storylines.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    OK, so I haven't read any modern comics in quite a while, so some of my answers may be a little old school.

1. Favorite Author - Alan Moore. I mean, Watchmen and V for Vendetta are two of the best in my book. Neil Gaiman and Frank Miller are right there as well.

2. Favorite Artist and Why? - Alex Ross. His realism just blows me away. Always been a big fan of Todd McFarlane as well.

4. Favorite Story Arc? Daredevil Born Again #227-233. Watchmen and Moonshadow are great as well, but they were really stand alone "maxi-series", so I don't know if they would be considered a story arc. Kingdom Come is cool as well.
    Awesome choice for Story Arc! Just awesome! Daredevil.

And yeah, Alex Ross - He'd be higher on my list if he did more issue work and not just covers.

Kudos, too, for Alan Moore for those who chose him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    9. All Time Favorite "Team" ( X-Men, Avengers, JLA, etc )?

The Boys. I never was a big fan of the teams (except the X-Men) as they always felt forced. Seven individuals with individual titles, how the hell did they have time to get together? But The Boys are like the X-Men in that they were created to be a team from the beginning. There's intrigue among the members, mystery, and my man Garth Ennis directing it all. Sure he gets too outragoues with his creations from time to time, but he sure makes a compelling team dynamic.

And that is a GREAT pic for X-teams Pam. One of my favorite X-Men storylines.
    Ennis? No, really!!??

And thanks, Sam. X-Tinction Agenda is often overlooked, because there have been so many very cool arcs, but it's one of my favs, too.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Ennis? No, really!!??

And thanks, Sam. X-Tinction Agenda is often overlooked, because there have been so many very cool arcs, but it's one of my favs, too.
    Damn right Ennis. One of my favorite characters has always been The Punisher and Ennis breathed LIFE into the character with his run on the MAX series. Not that outrageous stuff that he did with the Marvel Knights line that was just him trying to recreate the magic of Preacher for Marvel without any of the sex or bad language. Sometimes he came up with good stories, sometimes not that good. When Marvel finally gave him the room to run with the story and do what he needed to to bring the character to the truth behind Frank Castle, he brought magic to the page.

There have been four really good storylines that have had far reaching impacts on the entire Marvel Universe to come from the X-Men series. Days of Future Past, Dark Phoenix Saga, Mutant Massacre, and X-tinction Agenda. People who weren't there don't know X-tinction Agenda is where Cameron Hodge turned into an actual threat. They don't know where Genosha came from and what the history really is without reading that story. There have been many stories from the X-Men books, but few of the stories really had an impact on the entire Marvel Universe like those stories did.

Most of the current stuff seems to get retconned every three years or so, or maybe it just seems that way.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

+ Reply to Thread