Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 714 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 141 191 591 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I just finished my reread of the Dark Tower series, and have started to reread The Lord of the Rings. After that, I think I'm going to get a copy of Puzo's The Godfather. I enjoy the movies, but have never read the book!

John

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by alinda View Post
    Just got home from the appointment I had
    with my new allergist, and as I was at the
    chemist's collecting the new drugs for my
    hives, I saw Joe Hills Heart Shaped Box.
    I bought it on the spot (paperback) and
    am 40 some-odd pages in...and I'm liking
    it very much, it has a good pace to it.
    Something tells me it wont be the last
    book I ever buy with his name on it.
    It's out in paperback? I need to pick that up!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I'm currently reading Heart Shaped Box as well. I think I'm about half way thru, it's great so far. And alinda I would highly recommend checking out 20th Century Ghosts.

And CK don't listen to them, I think you'll quite enjoy Duma Key.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    Seriously though. On Writing does sound like something I could really get into.
    I read it twice and enjoyed it thoroughly. I realize that the fact that I like it may be enough in and of itself to pseude you that it isn't worth your time.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by obscurejude View Post
    I read it twice and enjoyed it thoroughly. I realize that the fact that I like it may be enough in and of itself to pseude you that it isn't worth your time.
    Ummm The Matthew doesn't work like that.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

"The Matthew"

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Just finished Danse Macabre, about 3/4 through with The Bell Jar, and am starting Jane Austen's Letters.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    "The Matthew"
    Well its good to know someone appreciated that..
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Silverloch John_and_Yoko will become famous soon enough John_and_Yoko's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Nearly 2/3 of the way through Wolves of the Calla--will either finish this week or very soon next week. After that I'll start Insomnia.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    "The Matthew"
    Well its good to know someone appreciated that..
    I appreciated it as well, but I just laughed to myself.

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    Just finished Danse Macabre
    Jeez, I'm sorry you felt you had to do that to yourself.
    Weren't you one of the people, like me, that thought it was horrible and couldn't get through it? I refuse to pick that one up again.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I was. But for some reason I decided I needed to finish it.

And I will never read it again. There was some good stuff in there, but it wasn't worth reading the whole book to find it.

Country
    Country Flag

Well at you least you can remember good parts...I don't remember even one.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

All that heavy donkey cock sucking that Monte has been doing since the age of 5 must finally be going to his head.

Country
    Country Flag

Nope, it's had no effect at all actually.
    I just know a good read from a horribly boring, kill-me-now read.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

That's why I kept the book in my desk drawer at work - I needed something to read on my lunch break so I was forced into it.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

i started Danse and stopped within 5 pages.

i won't read the man's non-fiction.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

On Writing was 1,000 times better.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

i'll take your word for it.

next you're gonna tell me that Faithful is as good as the Stand.

"So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Never read Faithful.

Country
    Country Flag

I agree, On Writing was great! I don't care much about the Red Sox so I have no interest in Faithful.

On-topic:
    Finishing the last 100 pages of From a Buick 8 today and then moving on to The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    ... The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
    i LOVE that whole series

+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 714 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 141 191 591 ... LastLast