Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 713 of 714 FirstFirst ... 213 613 663 703 711 712 713 714 LastLast
Results 17,801 to 17,825 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Gunslinger Apprentice Ivo will become famous soon enough Ivo will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused

Just finished North Woods by Daniel Mason, spooky, historical and a great read.
    I’ll be reading more of his books.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

The Thief of Always
    The House Next Door

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    The Thief of Always
    Excellent!

The House Next Door
    I haven't read this, but I do have a copy and need to get to it (looks very intriguing).
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

The Ferryman, by Bently Little
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Handyman Method, by Nick Cutter (Craig Davidson) & Andrew F. Sullivan.

Only 80 or so pages in, and the pacing is... odd? I feel like I didn't get invested in the cast of characters before things started going awry. We'll see how it develops!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm reading it now as well (about halfway through) and am not blown away. The writing isn't great and the plot and pacing is a bit odd. All the characters are either awful people or just annoying.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    The Thief of Always
    Excellent!

The House Next Door
    I haven't read this, but I do have a copy and need to get to it (looks very intriguing).
    Barker is my "comfort read". Not sure what that says about me. I've read The Thief before but I'm of the opinion that good books get better the more you read them.

The House Next Door ... I've read only two chapters and I already want all these spoiled emotionally stunted adult babies to be fired into the Sun. That said, it feels very promising. Don't read King's introduction until after you've finished the book. He's the spoiler master.

I'm deciding whether I should read Hell House or Conjure Wife next.

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

"A Haunting on the Hill" by Elizabeth Hand. This one snuck up on me. Authorized by the Shirley Jackson estate as a follow up to Hill House. Then there is "Julia" by Sandra Newman with a retelling of 1984. Also the Herzog Werner autobiography. Everything that was old is new again this month!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I'm full on into my Halloween reads for the year. Almost finished with the audiobook of All Hallows by Christopher Golden (Ricky I'm actually really enjoying it!) Also reading Halloween Night by RL Stine, and I have the second one of deck for when I finish this one. And on my kindle I'm reading October's End. It's a collection of 3 novellas, only about halfway thru the first one, but so far so good.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Just started Holly - very early, but very promising thus far.

Country
    Country Flag

Tim Powers - My Brother's Keeper
    Gene Wolfe - The Wolfe at the Door

I will begrudgingly read Holly after these two.

Country
    Country Flag

My Brother's Keeper was a little hard to get into at first but it ended up landing in my.top 5. Wonderful story.

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Goldsboro has signed copies of "Julia" the 1984-related novel. A pretty good book and nice association to the Orwell classic.

Country
    Country Flag

Harlan Ellison - Ellison Under Glass

Country
    Country Flag

I'm struggling with Wolfe. He's at his best when the story has neat ideas and is either horror or SF. The mystery stories and the characters heavy pieces in here are just downright tedious and pointless. One of the poems is called "Connect the Dots." Sorry but I really dont feel like it. It's enough already.

That said Memorare and a handful of SF stories is masterclass storytelling and for those I'm glad to add the book to the collection. As for the rest ... I now get why they were previously uncollected.

Country
    Country Flag

Cormac McCarthy - All the Pretty Horses
    Karl Edward Wagner - Why Not You and I?

Country
    Country Flag

John D. MacDonald - The Executioners (Cape Fear)

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I read ELLISON UNDER GLASS, and it wasn't a pane at all.

Currently reading DAPHNE by Josh Malerman, but I'm trying not to think about it.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Gunslinger Apprentice ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Elsewhere (2020) by Dean Koontz it's way to early for me to say how good it is or how bad it is since i don't own this one i will i'm sure at some point it's digital on my ipad i'm only at 13% i've been getting the audio books from the Library & than reading along with the narrator that's how i did it as a kid when i wanted to learn how to read better than i was at the time. and i've so far zipped right through 4 books so far it's really faster than i was reading now am i gonna still read without doing that no doubt i will but for the moment it's working for me.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post

Well, that works out because Ellison Wonderland has No Doors, No Windows.

We can go on like this until next Shatterday.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post

Well, that works out because Ellison Wonderland has No Doors, No Windows.

We can go on like this until next Shatterday.
    All I know is I have no mouth and I want eye-scream!!! Whaaaa!!!!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Country
    Country Flag

Robert Bloch - This Crowded Earth

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Recently finished Richard Russo's bibliography and currently working my way through Percival Everett's.

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Update:

The Puppet Masters by Robert Heinlein. Pretty fun read.

The Jungle by Upton Sinclair. This didn't turn my stomach like I've always heard it does. But, it definitely made me feel horrible for the immigrants that moved to Chicago around 1900.

The King in Yellow by Robert Chambers. A mildly entertaining collection stories. Mostly read this because of rewatching True Detective season 1.

Swamp Peddlers by Jason Vuic. I grew up in Florida in the heart of Swamp Peddler country. Until reading this, I didn't even know it. Has changed my outlook on my childhood.

Shadow On The Sun by Richard Matheson. I really like RM! But this one was a little different from this others. The end was good, but it took awhile to get to it.

Black Cat by John Russo. Paperback-campy kinda read.

The Happiest Workplace on Earth by Shaun Finnie. Fanfiction about a parallel future that centers around Epcot.

The Vanishing by Bentley Little. The name has nothing to do with this sex crazed novel. But I really dig his super weird novels.

Time And Again by Jack Finney. I was underwhelmed. It was a fine story, but up against Replay, Somewhere in Time, 11/22/63, The Anubis Gates... it just wasn't as entertaining.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 713 of 714 FirstFirst ... 213 613 663 703 711 712 713 714 LastLast